Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jul 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TomB91
Getting to know the DIBB

1 Night Stay - Disneyworld Resort

I've searched and searched and read up on this but can someone clarify..

We're away 11-28 September in a Villa but was going to book a 1 night stay in a WDW resort as a surprise for my wife and daughter as some cheap deals for £100 ish.

Am I right in thinking we get free parking for the day we arrive and leave, magic bands and then 60 days advanced fast pass booking.

On the last statement, is that just 60 days in advance for the day we arrive and leave? Then everything before and after this is back to 30 days as we're staying off site?

Thanks in advance
TomB91 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Yes you’re correct on all points
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Correct. Free parking for uk guests until 2020 and 60 day fastpasses for the day you arrive and departure day with Magic Bands included. We are doing the same thing in November. In a villa with the rest of the family but hubby and I are doing one night at the Allstars Music resort. Specifically to get to the park early to walk around Galaxys Edge. I doubt we will get to ride anything but it will be nice to soak up the atmosphere.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

I asked Disney recently, some very similar questions, and got pretty much the same answer. Here’s their reply, which has some other bits and bobs you may find interesting

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Guests staying at one of our Resorts receive complimentary parking at our Theme Parks for the length of their stay, although we also have complimentary transportation between the Resorts and Theme Parks and Water Parks as well. This includes both check-in and check out days. The same applies to Extra Magic Hours, you will be able to use them on the check-in and out dates.

If you wish to arrive prior to your Walt Disney World® Resort hotel check-in time, you may pre-register any time after 7:00 AM. At that time, you may also pick up your MagicBands (if you do not have them already) and store your luggage with Bell Services.

Once your room is ready, we will send you an e-mail or text message with your Resort room number, and your MagicBands will automatically update to allow you to enter the room.

You are also able to complete Online Check-In prior to your arrival. By completing this at least two days in advance, you are able to skip the front desk entirely and go straight to the parks if you wish! To complete Online Check-In, you will want to make sure that your Resort Reservation is linked to your MyDisneyExperience account. Hold your mouse over the MyDisneyExperience logo and click on "My Plans". Just under the 5 circles, you should see that it says "My Reservation At" and states the name under your Resort. You will see a Start Check In button under "Want to Skip the Front Desk?". Click on that button and follow the prompts to complete. Please be sure to note if your Resort arrival time will be prior to the Resort check-in time (typically 3:00 PM). If you are using Disney's Magical Express® service, the system will figure your arrival time automatically.

Also, on your departure date, the Resort can store your luggage after you have checked out and you may pick it up at a later time prior to your departure from the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Second Star
I want to go now!

Mobile

Hopefully this doesn’t derail the thread but we’ve done the same and booked through the US site for the campsite. Might also be relevant for the OP...

When I click on the parking info link in the email, it directs me to the UK site and tells me that parking in resort is free for UK residents this year. But as I booked through the US site, does this invalidate that?
Second Star is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
SAFC_FTM
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by TomB91 View Post
On the last statement, is that just 60 days in advance for the day we arrive and leave? Then everything before and after this is back to 30 days as we're staying off site?
Is that last part correct?
I thought it was 60 rolling period if you booked only 1 night at resort?
SAFC_FTM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Second Star View Post
Hopefully this doesn’t derail the thread but we’ve done the same and booked through the US site for the campsite. Might also be relevant for the OP...

When I click on the parking info link in the email, it directs me to the UK site and tells me that parking in resort is free for UK residents this year. But as I booked through the US site, does this invalidate that?
There is no parking charge at the campsite for US or UK bookings 🙂
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SAFC_FTM View Post
It changed recently, it will now go back to 30 days FP after your resort stay 🙂
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SAFC_FTM View Post
They have managed to close that loophole now and you only get the 60 days for the actual days on site. We were lucky enough to get the rolling 60 days last august before it changed.

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SAFC_FTM
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for clarification on that, scuppers some of my plans but maybe still worth it for magic bands at least.
SAFC_FTM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List