Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jul 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
All this positivity is getting me excited. I could wait an hour happily!
Yeah. It looks amazing in all the vlogs I've watched although I've deliberately not watched the various POV one's as want it to be a surprise! Hopefully by the time we get there in 6 weeks it will be operating earlier in the morning, but if not then I'm happy to spend 2-3 hours in the queue!
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobandLynsey View Post
All this positivity is getting me excited. I could wait an hour happily!
When we joined the line at night it was showing a wait of 150 minutes but we were off in an hour. Couldn’t believe it when we reached the loading area.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Harryfinn View Post
Is it like tower of terror?
No nothing like Tower of Terror, it’s not intense at all.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DexterDog
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hi All does anyone know if Hagrids has a virtual queuing system in place as yet. Have seen posts on another forum that people have been given a time to return at but still no option for this on app? Thanks
DexterDog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Nail queen
Imagineer

Nail queen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
Mobile

We will be in IOA 2 weeks today so that gives me hope we may be able to do this ride. We are onsite so my plan is to have a look on the Friday evening and assess then. And keep checking on Saturday. I am.keeping everything crossed!
Old 6 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nail queen View Post
We will be in IOA 2 weeks today so that gives me hope we may be able to do this ride. We are onsite so my plan is to have a look on the Friday evening and assess then. And keep checking on Saturday. I am.keeping everything crossed!
Please keep us informed of any hints and tips you may find.
Old 6 Jul 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

I think it’s a tricky one to try and plan into your day and it can just come down to luck or perseverance.
I managed to ride it last night and it was amazing. This week there has been a lot of thunder and lightning in the late afternoon and evenings and so all the outdoor rides can’t run. I spent yesterday in universal and the clouds rolled in around 5 and all the outdoor rides went down. We did a few other rides and headed over to islands of adventure and hogsmeade. The ride was of course down but a crowd had started to gather to get into the queue when it reopened. We joined the crowd at around 7 which got huge and really uncomfortable with no word from the staff at all. Every other ride reopened but hagrids was still down apparently due to weather and it took ages for them to test it and get it back up and running (they only managed to get 4 carriages working according to staff we spoke to in the queue). At 7:45 they let people start to join the queue again in what I can only describe as a stampede. It was really dangerous and people were getting squashed against railings and pushed and shoved everywhere. It was badly organised and really dangerous and I’m amazed no one was seriously injured. We got our stuff into the new absolutely tiny lockers although others weren’t so lucky as they quickly ran out. The screen showed 180 minute wait but we were out by 9:45 so only officially queued for 2 hours.
The staff didn’t really have an accurate time to give either. Before they reopened the ride and we joined the queue the staff were saying that there was about a 2 and a half hour wait already in the queue, other staff said a 1 hour wait already in the queue, so we were really doubting that they would let anyone else’s into the ride so close to the park closing. Shortly after we joined the ride was at capacity so we were in the right place at the right time and luckily it didn’t storm again.
As much as the ride is amazing the queueing area is awful. It starts out well but then moves into the cave like area that was previously part of the duelling dragons. It’s dark, cramped, hot and can get very claustrophobic after a while when you keep turning endless corners to be faced with more tunnels.
At the end of this section they were letting people out to use the toilet and then rejoin their parties and others were there to join the queue having been given a return time. We were told this was for people who needed assistance but don’t know how accurate that was.
We thought maybe going first thing in the morning would be a better time to go but speaking to others in the queue some had gone early and waited 5 hours (despite the universal app only showing 3-4) and others said they had joined the queue only for the ride to go down which the app hadn’t said either (believe me I was checking all day). People had also said not to bother with single rider as they hardly take anyone from that queue however despite seeing a large amount of people go to single rider when the ride reopened, when we got to the front there was 3 people in single rider because so many people want the motorbike they take single riders to fill in the spaces so that could be a quicker option if your aren’t fussed about being split up or riding the side car.

Hope everyone else managed to get lucky and get on this ride because it is truly worth it.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dundeeman
First POST

The queue lengths are usually 3 hrs whatever time of day. We joined the line at 12.30 and it was just under 3 hours. You get lockers but take a water bottle or 2 ( you need to bin before you get to actual ride) as they try and charge $5 a bottle in line
Dundeeman is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dsc2
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I saw somewhere that the ride isn't opening until midday, is this still the case? Is this likely to go on until August?

We are staying on-site, but I can't see EMH for IOA. Is there any early access?
Dsc2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dsc2 View Post
I saw somewhere that the ride isn't opening until midday, is this still the case? Is this likely to go on until August?

We are staying on-site, but I can't see EMH for IOA. Is there any early access?
Yes and Who know...
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List