Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 15 Mar 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile American Food for those of us stuck at home!

So with our Alabama trip now cancelled 😔 we are thinking of how we can cheer ourselves up!

Food is a massive part of our trips so we are going to have some USA themed meals.

Anyone want to make any suggestions, I'm not bad cook but also if anyone can reccomend readymade products that would be good.
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m sorry to hear about your trip but what a great idea to cheer yourselves up! I like to do pulled pork in the slow cooker. We usually pick up Stubbs BBQ sauce from Costco which is lovely with the pulled pork on a roll, Costco also sell Cheesecake Factory cheesecake which makes a lovely dessert. If you like brownies, Costco also sells box mixes of Ghiradelli brownies which are soo good! I’m looking forward to hearing other recipe and meal ideas
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I’m sorry to hear about your trip but what a great idea to cheer yourselves up! I like to do pulled pork in the slow cooker. We usually pick up Stubbs BBQ sauce from Costco which is lovely with the pulled pork on a roll, Costco also sell Cheesecake Factory cheesecake which makes a lovely dessert. If you like brownies, Costco also sells box mixes of Ghiradelli brownies which are soo good! I’m looking forward to hearing other recipe and meal ideas
Just to add to this reply Costco had the Cheesecake Factory cinnamon cake down to £4.97 on Saturday. Normally it’s about £20.
Arsenal8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post

DH has done this recipe a few times. I liked his version more than the Panda Express version.

tipbuzz/orange-chicken/

Ready made, it nearly read made, Kraft mac n cheese.

amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

What about a jambalaya
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

just made this tray of brownies using the ATK box brownie method

browneyedbaker/chewy-brownies/

added some chopped pecans to the batter for a little extra crunch

*edit*
heres the finished product, its now gone in the fridge to set the chocolate chips back up again, but naturally i had to try a piece first to make sure it wasnt poisonous

Edited at 04:27 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
DH has done this recipe a few times. I liked his version more than the Panda Express version.

tipbuzz/orange-chicken/

Ready made, it nearly read made, Kraft mac n cheese.

amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That orange chicken recipe is making me drool.. i'm starving and I could just eat that!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Food is a huge part of our holiday too so I will follow this with great interest

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Key lime pie jambalaya deep dish Apple pie with cinnamon of course
Pulled pork sliders pickled slaw Southern fried chicken Hash Browns
Little smokies pancakes maple syrup crab cakes biscuits
Just a few of the things we eat here at home and in the US
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We make Brownies and dd makes amazing American pancakes, American fizz sells lots of Yummy foods and they deliver,