Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Oct 14, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post

First time to post, first time to DLP

Hi guys, first time to post so bear with me.

Heading to dlp on the 20th for 3 nights 4 days, 2 adults, a third disabled adult (wheelchair bound) and 2 kids aged 5 and 3 both have autism.

We are staying in SL in golden forest adapted room with half board plus meal vouchers.

Have a good few questions so if anyone could answer it would be great and also any other tips/advice ye recommend for first timers etc.

The golden forest room, I read here that some people had their own separate check in desk and own lounge etc, does this apply to everyone who stays in this room? We got no info on this after booking.

Characters in hotel. Do characters come to SL?

Is SL near Disney parks? We aren't taking our own wheelchair but will hire one in the parks but need to judge how much walking there is between hotel and parks first before making this decision.

Booking dinners. We've booked into Buffalo Bills show inc dinner one evening, and would love to go to cafe mickey. Can we use our plus vouchers in cafe Mickey? Going to try Annette's diner also for dinner another night so we are left with one more night we need to book somewhere for dinner. Any recommendations? Also we are hoping to do lunch in The Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood. Any other recommendations for lunch?

Breakfast. Can we choose to have breakfast in the parks instead of our hotel buffet?

The pavilion. I've guessed this is where all the meet and greets with the princesses are. How does this work? Are there long queues? We won't be able for queues with two autistic children.

Hoping to book a day with the princesses for the 5 year old. Do you choose which princess to meet and dress up as or are there several? If there are several we won't go to the pavilion. Do we book this when we get there and if so where? Some people are recommending dinner with princesses instead. Which would you choose? The makeover with the princesses is quite expensive but looked at the menu for the dinner with princesses and we don't fancy anything on menu.

Anna and Elsa. Are these in DLP yet? If so where can we meet them?

Is there anything in park that definitely should not be missed for a 3 year old Mickey fanatic? Or characters such as Spider-Man? I've read Marvel have teamed up with dlp but not sure.

Halloween. Anything special going on?

Fireworks display. Where are these held and what times usually? Best place to view for person wheelchair bound?

Also the parade. Are the parades long/time consuming? Want to make the absolute most of our trip.

Last but not least. Is there a shop/supermarket about (won't have car) but would like to buy in diluted juice, snacks etc for hotel room.

Sorry for all the questions just want it to be magical and am quite apprehensive travelling with a wheelchair bound person and 2 autistic kids.

Thanks in advance x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 14, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes to checkin desk for gfc. Yes to characters inside GFC breakfast (it is separate to normal SL breakfast). Yes to plus vouchers in cafe mickey. Distance is about 15 to 20 min walk at a 3yo pace. Use your HB vouchers to full as they entitle you to some good restaurants in the park (blue lagoon is my favourite).

Breakfast can sometimes be taken in the park but the gfc breakfast will be a far better surrounding!

Dont know how princess pavilion works now, you used to queue for a timeslot then a small queue at that timeslot.

Dreams starts at park closing, cannot comment if there is a disabled area.

Parades last about 30 mins and there isca disabled access area.

There is a small shop in the train station which is a cheaper source of snacks and baguettes. Think small spar type.

There is a meet mickey mouse too.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 14, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

As far as I can answer:

Proximity to Disney parks: I would say SL is about a 10-15 minute walk from the gates of the parks. There is also a shuttle bus between SL and the Marne La Vallee station (about a 5 minute walk from gates of parks), but not sure how well the bus caters for people in wheelchairs.

Half-board plus meal plan: the Disneyland Paris brochure brochure.disneylandparis...ogue/appli.htm has a nice table showing where you can eat with the meal plans (it's on page 57/58). According to that you can use half board plus vouchers in Cafe Mickey.

Breakfast in parks: really depends. This is sometimes (but not always) offered as an alternative to breakfast at hotel. But ask about this at check-in!

Special needs: may be worth emailing Disneyland Paris directly (DLP.GUEST.COMMUNICATION@disney.com or perhaps DLP.CRO.SPECIAL.NEEDS@disney.com) as you might be able to get special arrangements e.g. for queues. Worth asking anyway?

Fireworks: Dreams runs every night at park closing. When I was last there (sadly a year ago now!) there was definitely an area in the hub reserved for people in wheelchairs. I'm not sure if their party is also able to be in that area though, as I remember seeing this guy walking into the area after the show, and the CM trying to stop him, before realising that he was with someone who had been watching Dreams from the area... Again may be worth checking directly with DLP about this.

Shop/supermarket: if you are willing to venture out there is a huge supermarket (Auchan) at Val d'Europe, which is one RER stop away. I'm not sure how easy it would be to navigate the way with a wheelchair though!
Old 9 Oct 14, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
juttawdw
Proud to wear my Ears

I will try to answer some questions.

Everybody who's booked golden forest can ckeck in at golden forest check direct on the left when you enter the sequoia lodge reception.

There characters in the hotel lobby and there are characters during breakfast at the golden forest lounge.

I am in a wheelchair myself, (walked the first 38 trips) it is a 15 min walk from the sequoia lodge to the entrance of the park.
There are wheelchairs in the park for rent € 15 a day on there is a €150 deposit . you have to bring the wheelchair back when you leave the park, personnaly i don't it is a good wheelchair to sit in or to push ( my husband said so).

If you have a blue badge bring it with and go to city hall which give Wheelchair user a Priority pass and the 4 others can go with this adult the possibility to use the exit of the atractions in stead of wating in line.
If the wheelchairs user doesn't have blue badge do you have a dla for you kids? Or maybe gat a letter from a gp or other Dr that they are autistic, with these letters they can have an easy access pass and don't have to wait in line can be an challenge with autistic kids. The exception with the easy access pass is it is for person and 1 carrer.

Breakfast in the park is normally only available when in it is reallly busy in the hotels.

I don't how the pavillion work, i did hear that anna and elsa took over the paviilion during halloween season.

The princesses of the day is just a dress up and doesn't included a meeting with a princess. You can book this at arrival at disneyland hotel.

Go with your little one to Meet mickey in Fantasyland there she will meet Mickey Mouse himself.

For halloween the park is decorated in halloweenstyle and there are special characters around.

As for parades and dreams there is a special viewing spot when you have the priority pass but only alouds the wheelchairs user and 1 other in that area , so other needs stay next to that area.
juttawdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 14, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread