Notices

View Poll Results: Will the WDW price increases affect your holiday plans?
I won't visit the WDW parks. 168 15.98%
It won't affect my holiday. 510 48.53%
I'll still visit the WDW parks and pay reluctantly. 373 35.49%
Voters: 1051. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Apr 16, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we are not visiting WDW this year. we have been luckily enough to visit many times since 2000 and feel it's just not he same. Last year ( may) was so much busier than usual. Other visitors were frustrated at not being able to see parades etc they just barged in front of us. The food quality was poor and the cast members were down right miserable. I failed to find the magic. we still had an amazing time but we remember our previous visits with fond memories of little extra magic touches from cast members like a "free" fast pass, a back stage tour of Test track or the parking guy just waving us through saying Mickey will pay our parking today. we haven't had anything like that for several visits.
we had wanted a few days in WDW, a 2/3 day hopper, but it is such poor value we opted for the discovery cove package with sea world and Busch gardens with 14 days parking instead. Once all the construction has been completed i am sure we will be back.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Things closed at DLR next year due to contruction of Star Wars Land

The Fantasmic! show, Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia, Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes, Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island and all four stations along the Disneyland Railroad will temporarily close for a year during the construction, which will begin in January of next year. Way more than WDW

Kim
I wouldn't be doing any of those things anyway. Did them on the previous trips so we're good. Thanks.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Went in 2014, going this year but will be trying California in 2018
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 16, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

Will still go to Florida (have a condo near Clearwater) but not bothered about the parks, so much else to do but then our children are grown up (they still love the parks and go every year) so it's horses for courses l guess.
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 16, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post

We are DVC but veer towards DL in California (where we have an ownership). WDW is not in our plans for the foreseeable future.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are avoiding wdw this year, won't rule it out in future, only because my boys prefer uni/ioa and we are adding in sw and Busch we want a more relaxed holiday not rushing from park to park
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
avibelle
Getting Excited

we have been to florida since 94, we love it we dont visit the parks as much as we used to but always start and end our holiday at mk, we go for a month now because we are retired,we have over the years found some lovely places, and met some lovely people so for us florida is the only place to go ,if they close disney etc we would still go
avibelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It will not affect our holiday as paying a little bit more worth it
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Prefer Discovery Cove myself, I do love Disney but they are too pricey as we don't do rides so it's s lot of money just to walk around.

Edited at 08:32 PM.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFee
slightly serious Dibber

I'm a big kid at heart and love Disney but this year, I prebooked my Combo tickets for next year as I wasn't sure if they would go up..

The price of tickets is a bit of a sickener and yes, we do visit Disney less than we used to but I would have to do Disney a few times during the holiday.. Personally I think Universal is better value for money but the Disney experience to me is special.. I would pay, but reluctantly..
FloridaFee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List