Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbelll
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves_disney View Post
I’m so confused. For my dates (27th June two weeks) there are no standard rooms available at riverside or Caribbean beach. There is nothing at french quarter, and only club level at animal kingdom and wilderness lodge, and the other deluxes.
Surely all of these rooms can’t be booked already?

I’ve checked Thomas cook/virgin/ATD etc and no joy!
Free dining isn’t available on standard rooms POR need a preferred room anyway to qualify
tinkerbelll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We found the same only pirate rooms for CBR but ATD have them.
Old 25 Apr 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by tinkerbelll View Post
Free dining isn’t available on standard rooms POR need a preferred room anyway to qualify
I know this it’s just confusing that there are thousands of rooms already apparently booked up in every hotel!
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves_disney View Post
I know this it’s just confusing that there are thousands of rooms already apparently booked up in every hotel!
Just impossible

This is rationing the rooms that are linked to free dining

Worst comes to the worst, we will wait to book, then pay for dining and get the resort and room we want.

Bummer - yes

End of the world - no

Disney332
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Free Dining is diminishing, it’s still ‘offered’ for marketing purposes and there is still free dining, but availability is rapidly decreasing and prices going up. Once you are mentally committed to booking free dining, if that is not availible and rooms disappearing, you are more likely to panick buy.
The queuing system is all part of the clever psychology.
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Free Dining is diminishing, it’s still ‘offered’ for marketing purposes and there is still free dining, but availability is rapidly decreasing and prices going up. Once you are mentally committed to booking free dining, if that is not availible and rooms disappearing, you are more likely to panick buy.
So true

Disney332
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’d posted a few days back elsewhere that a good friend had been told similar re lack of availability, I hoped I was wrong and I appreciate some were going on previous years. Same friend went to various sites/agents, couldn’t quote or pre register for her resort choice, Disney this morning also does not have her resort choice. She’s booked offsite with VH, (far superior resort), got a stonking deal and saves over any free dining at a Disney deluxe.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
So we speculated about availabilty saying it would come back today

For my dates it hasnt

Disney332
Same for me last night, clearly isn't meant to be I guess...I am in queue over 3000 strong just in case though lol. The things We'll do for Disney
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The queue is a genius piece of marketing. Curry’s used it for their Boxing Day sale last year, which was extremely underwhelming lol.
Old 25 Apr 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
susikat
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Joined queue at midnight, got through at 1 am but no September availability for beach club ! Got up at 5am got through straight away but only Animal Kingdom Lodge and Grand Floridian showing !
Have always booked direct but my nerves wouldn’t hold out so booked with attractions tickets direct.
Am annoyed with myself as we are staying for 10 nights, if i had booked yesterday i would have got the 400$ Disney credit not the 300🤔

Am shattered but it’s booked 😍
susikat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List