Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 7 Jun 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

Mobile Worried holiday isn't happening travel insurance advice.

Me and my friend are due to fly out next Saturday but she's suffering with extremely bad back pain and right now there's no way she could sit on a plane for 7 hours, I'm not even convinced she'd make it to the airport.
I've never had to cancel a holiday or claim on the insurance, what sort of proof do we need? Do we need a doctor to declare her unfit to travel?
She has seen a doctor on Monday but he said she'd be better in a few days but there's no improvement so far.
Still hoping for a miraculous recovery and she's got an appointment at an osteopath tomorrow.
Just want to be prepared for worst case scenario.
kirstenjet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Are you both on the same insurance policy ? You may have a problem if you aren't, last year we thought I may not be allowed to travel and would have to cancel , they would only cover the people named on the policy and not the other 2 as they were on a different policy.
Ring the insurance and see what they say but you will have to have proof from the Dr

Edited at 05:19 PM.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes as we house share I did us a group annual policy. I wasn't sure if I should talk to them until I was positive what was happening.
kirstenjet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd ring your insurance company and ask their advice. Hope she feels better soon.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We cancelled our holiday last month. First we had to cancel with the holiday company to get a cancellation invoice showing how much we'd lost then we had to complete the insurance forms.

Ours was three pages - page one about us and our holiday. When we'd booked and when we bought our insurance. Page two was for the GP. What was the reason for cancelling, when was it first known and was it known at time of booking and if so was it notified.
Page three was their t&C's and signature page.
The GP charged £5 for completion, said it could take 4 weeks but done in a few days.

We had to provide a copy of our original holiday invoice, copy of cancellation invoice together with their form. My reason was bereavement but the form was the same for all reasons.

They've had mine back over two weeks now and have since asked for a copy of my insurance schedule confirming cover and names of those insured.

Said it can take another month so will be a while until I hopefully get my money back. My excess was £95 each too.

I hope your friend is better and you can travel.

Edited at 07:46 AM.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
We cancelled our holiday last month. First we had to cancel with the holiday company to get a cancellation invoice showing how much we'd lost then we had...
Thank you so much Blue Nose thats excellent info on how a claim works and what they'll likely to ask for, much appreciated! Sorry you had to go through it though.
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Sorry your friend has back pain - could they book a chiropractor appointment? They can works wonders in a very short time
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
Sorry your friend has back pain - could they book a chiropractor appointment? They can works wonders in a very short time
Thank you, she's seen an osteopath over the weekend which has helped tremendously so not feeling quite so pessimistic at the moment.