Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

yes, I would and considering doing it for San Francisco. however, we did 7 nights in Anaheim and did find the jet lag horrendous, both there and coming home. (still doing 7 nights again next year) Never experienced jetlag before when I went to Orlando and NYC.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I've done it a few times and even some 4 night trips that far and no issues with doing it again, go for it
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

I’ve done 5 nights in LA a few times now, so have no issues flying 11 hours for a small trip.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle2908
Getting Excited

I’ve done 11 hrs to San Francisco for 2 nights! Flew Fri and back home sun night, it was fine, didn’t even get jet lag as I hadn’t adjusted to the new time. I would definitely do it again.
Belle2908 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Ooh thank you! I feel a lot more confident booking it now, just looking for an amazing deal with Virgin or B.A but up to now it's working out cheaper to go DIY. Somebody did suggest splitting the days and doing 3 nights Burbank or Sunset strip area and 2 nights in Santa Monica, we won't be driving but are happy to plan ahead and use various public transport.
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Shinji4u
Proud to wear my Ears

We will be going in November for 6 nights, so from my side of view: Sure do it
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

Absolutely, wouldnt think twice about it if the the choice is 5 days or nothing!
kirstenjet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Yes I would. Go for it. Your son will have an amazing time, and lots of memories made for the two of you.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Definately go for it, my eldest and her boyfriend are off to LA soon for 4 nights, then flying to Vegas for 4 nights (mightve got those two the wrong way round lol) then a few nights in New York... Their schedule is epic but I'd do it, I don't get jealous often but I'm close to being jealous about their adventure, life's for living this might be their last big holiday for a while cos wanting to save for a house
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Yep, we just did Vegas for 4 nights, and it was so worth it! (Although to be honest, we were then off on a 3-week roadtrip after that, BUT I would still have flown for 11 hours if we were only staying in the USA for 4 nights!)

Life is too short to keep worrying about "what if ….."

Just go for it, think of it like this - okay, it is a long flight, but the memories you will make with just the two of you together will last a lifetime, and you may not get this chance again once he makes his own way in the world. One of the loveliest memories I have of time spent with my (grown-up) daughter was when we went to Disneyland Paris together in 2006, just us together. We had an amazing time!