Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Jul 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

My 15 year old DD is stage 4 chronic renal failure. We always buy bottled water as we can’t seem to get a definitive answer on the “is it or isn’t it” filtered question. Not worth the risk. However, I am pretty sure it is filtered in resort hotels’ drink machines.

Our Happy Place
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Starbucks water tends to be safe - but not worth risking. If it’s the water in the ice water self-serve then you’re only going to get a small cup or even a small cone. If they don’t have the self serve it means you can queue and get a proper Starbucks venti cup of water which is more than satisfying.

Most other water in the parks tastes like it’s come straight from Splash Mountain.

I’m ordering a case of bottled water from amazon to be delivered to our hotel for the day we arrive

Edited at 07:48 PM.
adreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

tbh i wouldnt risk it and i can eat and drink just about owt but the free ice water is putrid
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
24 bottles in Aldi are $1.99 - half the price of Walmart when we were there a couple of weeks ago.
They were $3 something yesterday in the Aldi we popped into (although didn’t need to buy any water).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The water at Pinocchio Village Haus on the tables is filtered. When we were at Magic Kingdom the other week there was several people questioning the staff regarding this.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Think the water from Starbucks and quick service restaurants is just tap water but it certainly tastes a lot better than water from the fountains. Water in the park is really expensive with Dasani which effectively tastes like tap water at $3.50 or smart water at $5.50. We got 30 bottles of water from wal-mart for $4 which was much better, although we generally took one bottle for the morning as it would get warm quickly and it was too heavy to carry more.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

I would go with a non-plastic self-filtered water bottle and refill whenever necessary. There have been recent reports of a large-scale test of plastic water bottles in the US where all of them tested positive for extreme density of microplastics in the water. They use a very think, flexible plastic for the bottles that may be the problem. Regardless, bringing a reusable bottle is better for the environment and easier to carry around than the amount of full water bottles you'd need for the day.
Old 25 Jul 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I aim on taking re-suable bottles for our holiday, can someone confirm there is no issue with getting these refilled in the parks?

Thanks
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
[QUOTE=Siddex;13975230]I aim on taking re-suable bottles for our holiday, can someone confirm there is no issue with getting these refilled in the parks?

Thanks[/QUOTE
You can fill them at any water fountain. For the free iced water they will only give you small paper cups, they won't fill bottles.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Some of the free iced water stations at QS restaurants are large water pitchers, some with a spout or faucet. I have filled reusable bottles from these directly. No need to wait at the till or on a line to ask. The one at Gaston's in MK was near the door.