Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 1 Apr 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was going to watch this but when I opened it in Netflix it stated animal cruelty and tiger killings I can't watch anything like that as it disturbs me for a long time.

I have been to BCR and would like someone to just give me a brief outline of what the situation is there if possible?

Thank you

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OMG! I've just finished this!
They're all nutty as fruitcakes and as dodgy as hell!
Joe Exotic is mad as a hatter and I really don't like Carole Baskin at all.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I just don’t think the big cat rescue sanctuary looked a very nice place.
The cages all looked small,it looked very unkempt,it just never looked cared for.
Tracy x
Old 2 Apr 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
I just don’t think the big cat rescue sanctuary looked a very nice place.
The cages all looked small,it looked very unkempt,it just never looked cared for.
Tracy x
It’s not like that AT ALL, very, very badly represented in this show.

It’s heartbreaking to see them getting so much hate & speculation because of cleverly edited sensationalist, gutter TV.

I admit Carol comes over as a fruit loop but we’ve never been anything other than impressed with BCR & the work they do.

Edited at 02:38 PM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I finished this series a few days ago. So freaking crazy. But even with all the drama I just hated the way most of them treated the big cats and the enclosures they were in. As someone who studies animal management a huge part is on welfare and enclosure design. Most of them were horrific. Carols ones were better. At least some of the weeds was jungle like.
Not only does it highlight the crazy in the people but the how wrong the tourism trade is. No baby tiger cub should be away from it’s mother. I was appalled when Joe took away the newborn cubs. But why where they feeding adult cats bottles of milk! I feel so sorry for the cats caught up with the crazy people 😢
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
I finished this series a few days ago. So freaking crazy. But even with all the drama I just hated the way most of them treated the big cats and the enclosures they were in. As someone who studies animal management a huge part is on welfare and enclosure design. Most of them were horrific. Carols ones were better. At least some of the weeds was jungle like.
Not only does it highlight the crazy in the people but the how wrong the tourism trade is. No baby tiger cub should be away from it’s mother. I was appalled when Joe took away the newborn cubs. But why where they feeding adult cats bottles of milk! I feel so sorry for the cats caught up with the crazy people 😢
The whole show was so weird and sad but that part in particular broke my heart.
Old 3 Apr 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I binge watched it in one night as I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Joe is something else, his relationships with the younger men creeped me out. Carole was so strange as was her latest husband. Jeff was so creepy and so was that other tiger man doc. There was so much going on, I said to my husband this must be the type of people that live in those strange places we drive past in florida. I did love this show but I felt so sorry for those poor cats they really are only money makers for these people.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
abbiev
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
It’s not like that AT ALL, very, very badly represented in this show.

It’s heartbreaking to see them getting so much hate & speculation because of cleverly edited sensationalist, gutter TV.

I admit Carol comes over as a fruit loop but we’ve never been anything other than impressed with BCR & the work they do.
Totally agree, we have been to sanctuary and the love they have for the cats is wonderful to see, they are very well looked after and they are out there even in hurricanes making sure the cats are safe, I have followed them on Facebook for a long time and have seen cats arrive in a terrible state the care and attention they receive is amazing and they go on to lead happy healthy lives, priya tigger was one of them she came near to death because she had been bred so much they operated on her and saved her life, she is now a very chuffy tiger
abbiev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hadn’t heard of this until reading this thread, we have binged watched the whole thing today - wow what a strange strange world! Those poor animals though, I can’t believe this goes on in the US, it’s crazy.

If anyone fancies another Netflix documentary worth watching try Wild Wild Country. More craziness there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just finished episode 3! I’m addicted
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List