VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another Birthday Trip, Oct 2019 - Day 7, Animal Kingdom, Shopping and Disney Springs

The previous day is HERE.

Wednesday 9 October 2019

We were all awake early again today, at around 6.40am. We all got ready, had some cereal, hairs done, suncream, etc. and were in the car on our way to Animal Kingdom at 7.55am. It didn't take long to get there and were parking in Dinosaur 36 at 8.12am.

After the last time, we walked to the park entrance rather than waiting for the tram. We were through bag check at 8.23am

We had FP's for Flights of Passage from 8.20am so we were going there first, stopping quickly to take a tree picture (you have to, right?)

We walked straight to Pandora

As we had a FP, we stopped for a few pictures once we were in Pandora

We were really looking forward to this ride and Madison had said she would try it too, so we were really pleased with her for being brave. We in the line waiting for the pre-show just after 8.40am

It was 8.50am when we were in the pre-show. I wrote in my notes that we were in A3, spaces 12, 13, 14 and 15.

This ride was incredible! Madison didn't like it and kept her eyes shut for most of it as she didn't like it. When I finally got her to open her eyes, she didn't mind it as much. She still said she didn't want another go though.

Kaley had liked it but had wanted to sit between Phil and I - with Madison being wary of going on the ride, she had been in the middle of us with Kaley to my right. I think she would have been happier and enjoyed it more being next to both of us.

Phil and I both loved it but would have enjoyed it better if we weren't constantly making sure that both girls were ok. I will definitely be trying to get multiple FP's for this the next time we go.

We bought a pin of the ride from Windtraders on the way out ($9.99 plus tax), then had some photos, including PP ones

We went a bit further into the land and took some more photos

Our next FP was for Adventurers Outpost at 9.20am to see Mickey and Minnie so that was our next destination.

We joined the FP line at 9.30am

We didn't have to wait long and it was our turn

They were a lot of fun and like how you get to see both of them at the same time

We came out of here at 9.43am and it was chucking it down again

It wasn't busy here so we were able to stand under cover outside the exit to the Adventurers Outpost and we waited for the rain to slow down. We needed the toilet so I looked at the map to see where the closest were. They were just up the pathway in Asia so when the rain had slowed enough, we made a run for the toilets.

The rain had carried on so we decided we weren't just going to wait for it to stop and put on our ponchos. We walked through Asia to Africa to go to Kusafari Bakery

The menu

I joined the line while Phil and the girls found somewhere to sit undercover, just outside one of the stores across from the bakery

Phil wanted something savoury so I got him the sausage, egg and cheese biscuit, should be $6.99 plus tax

He enjoyed this and quickly ate it all. Madison and Kaley wanted the colossal cinnamon roll after pinching some of Dan and Dave's a few days ago

This should be $7.49 plus tax so both of these were a great use of snack credits. I helped them eat some of this and we managed it all between us.

Some pictures while they had been waiting

Then one of me catching up on my notes

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 02:58 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

It had stopped raining so our ponchos were off and back in Phil's bag. We made our way out of Africa towards Dinoland

It was fairly quiet so we stopped a few times on the way to take more photos

So many parts of this park are so pretty. Madison and Kaley were happy to pose for photos for a bit

We had also stopped along the way for some PP pics

We carried on, Madison checking the map to make sure we were going the right way

We were soon in Dinoland

Madison and Kaley wanted to see some characters so we joined the line for Launchpad McQuack. I haven't written the times but know that we didn't have too long to wait

He was quite silly from what I can remember

A bit further along the path was the line for Scrooge McDuck so we joined this. We had to wait longer to see him but we didn't mind waiting.

He was a lot of fun and it was good to see some different characters. Chip and Dale were due out in their dinosaur costumes so we headed towards their line. We got there and the line was already really long so we decided not to stay. As we were walking away, we saw them heading back to their meet and greet area so managed to get a photo of them as they went past

While we had been in the line waiting for Scrooge, I had mobile ordered at Flame Tree BBQ so that was where we were going to next. On our way we saw Kevin out

He had attracted quite a crowd.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Once we were outside Flame Tree BBQ, I opened the app and let them know we were there so they could start getting our order ready. Looking at the time on the picture, it was 11.26am and it was already quite busy in the seating area. We had to stand and wait for a few minutes before a table came free. Phil and the girls sat down while I went to wait for the food.

The menu board outside

And then the menu board inside with the prices

My order

I don't even know the last time, if ever, we had eaten here so had got a few bits to share with the intention of also getting something from Satuli Canteen. While I was waiting for the food to be ready, I did mobile order for what I wanted from Satuli Canteen.

The girls while they were waiting for me to come back

It didn't take long for the food to be ready and I was collecting it and taking it back to our table

We had the ribs, chicken and pulled pork sampler with sides of coleslaw and baked beans, $18.99, and a coke zero as our included drink. I used a counter service credit for this and used two snack credits on an onion ring basket, $4.49 and French fries with pulled pork and cheese, $7.29.

They were both an excellent use of snack credits, there was so many fries and the onion rings portion was huge. All of this food was really good, I was really glad we had come here. There was plenty for us to share too, which was good.

Phil, Madison and Kaley had noticed Trilo-Bites earlier so we went back into Dinoland to go there for some dessert.

The menu

I went up to order while they took more photos

Kaley had the Milk Shake Oreo Cookie, $5.49

Phil and Madison both had the Bugs 'n' Grubs, chocolate soft-serve, cookie crumbs, gummy worms and a chocolate bug in a waffle cone, $5.99 each

We used three snack credits for these and they were well worth it. We walked over to the bridge back on the way to Discovery Island so that they could eat them

They really enjoyed these. Kaley couldn't finish the milk shake so Phil helped her with it.

We walked from here to Pandora

We went to Satuli Canteen and I went on the app to say I was there and we went in and found a table. It was 12.10pm by now and there was plenty of available tables which was good. It is a very large seating area here which helped.

My order

The smoker on the way in to the restaurant

The ceiling decoration

The inside menu board with pricing

I didn't have to wait long at all in here for the food to be ready and I was soon back at the table with it

I had the Combination Bowl: Grilled Beef and Chicken with noodles and creamy herb sauce, $16.99. I also got the kids Cheeseburger Steamed Pod with grapes, vegetable chips and a Minute Maid apple juice, $7.99. I used 2 QS credits and Madison went and got us a coke zero for our included drink.

This was good but the food wasn't hot enough so I didn't enjoy it as much as I had expected I would.

I enjoyed the filling of the cheeseburger pod but there was too much of the 'pod' so I left that and just ate the filling. This was good and had a really nice flavour to it.

Phil tasted a bit of this but wasn't hungry after eating at FTB and with the ice cream.

We had done everything here we wanted to get done today so we started to walk to the exit, stopping for a couple of pictures in front of the Lion King wall and scene first

Some of the great detail Disney add in

We were soon walking out and seeing some of the Disney transportation - buses

And the tram

Though the tram was there, we were walking back to the car again as we weren't parked far away

A couple of pics of the car

And the girls getting in their favourite way, through the boot

We needed to go back to POR first though we couldn't go the way we usually go. We got to where we usually turned right near the MK entrance and the road was closed so we had to take a detour which took a few extra minutes.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 10 May 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Back at POR

I'm not sure what we were going back to the room for, I know we were only in quick though. Phil took some photos of the safety signage in the room

It was about 1.50pm when we left to go to Florida Mall. It didn't take us too long to get there and we drove round to park near to Dillards.

As soon as we walked in the doors we saw my Dad coming towards us. His back was still playing up so they had driven here as being in the car helped. He had wandered around for a bit with my Mum but needed to go and sit back in the car. We spoke to him for a few minutes then he headed to their car. We walked through the shop and I connected to the wifi so I could call my Mum through whatsapp. When she answered, we were just coming out of the shop and could see her walking towards us. We stopped and chatted for a bit then she decided to come with us for a little bit.

Our first stop was Abercrombie and Fitch

Madison wanted to get herself some jeans. They had buy one get one half price on everything. She got some pale blue skinny jeans a long sleeved mint coloured top which she wears all the time here. They cost her $63.84 including tax.

Mum left now to go back to see how my Dad was. Next was another shop for Madison, M&M's World. She had been looking forward to going here for ages.

I was hoping they would have some white peppermint M&M's that I had got last time but they didn't. Madison bought herself a Zig Zag dispenser and a large cup full of assorted flavours

The dispenser was $10 and the M&M's $16.99, plus tax.

We had a look in a few other shops, then we went to the Disney Store. Kaley wanted to spend some of her money so got Vampirina and Fancy Nancy Clancy figure sets. These were on offer for $11 each if you bought two or more, instead of $14.95 each. They had little Ducky and Bunny figures from Toy Story 4 by the till for $1 each so got them too.

They also had the (new at the time) Frozen 2 figure set in so she had that too, $16.95. I also got the girls their Christmas Eve pyjamas, they were also on offer for $15 each when buying two or more.

I went into PINK to get some underwear as they were also on offer. Still very expensive for pants! But they were 10 for $35 instead of $10.50 each (surely people don't pay that?).

Last up was the shop I had been waiting for, and was conveniently a couple of shops along from Dillards, Bath and Body Works. Phil sat outside for so long I'm surprised he didn't take a picture of the shop!

I know I already had everything I had bought online but I still wanted to stock up. The PocketBac's were on offer for 5 for $7 so Madison got herself 10 different scents and a fluffy fox PocketBac holder, spending $24.23 including tax.

Phil and I had drawn Dan and Bethany in our secret Santa for Christmas so I knew I would get them stuff from here. We had $30 to spend on each, I think I went a tiny bit over when the tax was added. The soaps were on 5 for $23 and the body care was buy three get three free. These were the secret Santa gifts

I got three winter scent hand soaps to make up the 5 for $23

I also got more hand gels, getting 15 in total (I got two black cherry merlot in addition to the two in the secret Santa gifts above)

I spent just over $100 in here.

While I had been in here, Phil had nipped into Hollister to get some So Cal which is our favourite scent from here

This was $30 plus tax.

We were finished shopping now. I say we, Phil and Kaley had been finished about 45 minutes earlier, oops! We went back to the car and headed to Disney Springs. The traffic was busy on the way back and it was just after 5.40pm when we were driving into the lime garage. We parked on level 3 in row 8. We were always looking at the license plates and Kaley liked seeing the one with her middle name

We walked over to the lifts/stairs/escalators and went downstairs

We were hungry and were trying Chicken Guy tonight. We had a look at the menu outside and chose what we were having

So many different sauces to choose from!

We went in and Phil and the girls found a high table near to the drinks machine, while I joined the line to order

While I was waiting, two police officers joined the line behind the guy behind me. He started talking to them, thanking them for their service, etc. and then tried to give them $20 towards their food. They wouldn't take it from him and he kept on trying to give it to them. When it was my turn to order, he was still trying to get them to let him pay for their food but they were saying they couldn't accept. It was a nice thing he was trying to do but I could see why they wouldn't be allowed to accept the offer.

Anyway, it was my turn to order and we were having three combo meals of chicken tenders, fries and fountain drinks. These are $11.49 each plus tax, total was $36.72 including tax and I used three QS credits. You also get two sauces with three tenders so I got garlic parmesan, BBQ, habanero hot sauce, buffalo, peri peri and honey mustard.

I can't remember what happened with the food here, maybe we had a buzzer or something? Anyway, I have written that while I was waiting for the food, we saw Mum, Dad, Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody outside. They had just eaten at Planet Hollywood and saw Phil and the girls in the window so came in to say hello. We chatted for a couple of minutes then they left.

Waiting for the food

We had gotten our usual sprite and coke zeros and then the food was ready

This was all really good. The chicken was very tasty and I loved the fries. They were strongly seasoned but in a good way. The sauces were really good too. It was plenty of food for us to share and was a really good price for what we got. We got two drink refills to take with us and left.

We saw Mum and Dad outside while we were wandering so stopped and talked to them for a bit again.

We then carried on our wander, Phil and Kaley went into World of Disney and Madison and I went into Ghirardelli's

I wanted to use some credits on the peppermint bark goodies

I used 4 QS credits and got the huge bags that were on three for two (two peppermint bark and one assorted)$29.95 each, three sachets of peppermint bark hot chocolate $1 each and a bag of peppermint brownie squares, $6.95. This should have cost $99.80 but with the three for two offer was $74.39 including tax. This cost me 4 QS credits and it was so worth it.

The peppermint brownie squares are amazing, I actually think they are better than the regular peppermint bark.

We wandered around for a bit more then went back to the car. We left at 7.25pm and were back at POR at 7.35pm. We went back to the room where I sorted through what needed washing and went over to put two loads on. They will be done just after 8.20pm. I went back to the room and sorted through the shopping we had bought

Madison, Phil and Kaley went to Riverside Mill to get us some drinks and stopped off in the arcade on the way

Phil put another $11 on their arcade cards so they had a few go's each. While they were still out, I went back to the laundry room to wait for the washing to finish and put it in the dryers.

I got back to the room just before Phil and the girls got back. They got into their pj's and played (Kaley) and caught up on her phone (Madison)

Phil and I sorted through our money then the girls were in bed at 9.40pm. It didn't take long for them to fall asleep

I had gone to check on the clothes but they weren't done so I had to put them on for another hour, meaning I needed to go back at 10.30pm.

We watched the TV for a bit, I went and got all the clothes, sorted through them and was in bed at 11.15pm.

My steps for today - 24,886
Phil's steps for today - 22,540

Next up, resort time, Disney Springs and Epcot is HERE

TODAY'S DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 10 Counter Service used and 7 Snack Credit used.

OVERALL DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 43/80 Counter Service used and 43/80 Snack Credits used.

DINING PLAN CREDITS REMAINING - 37 Counter Service and 37 Snack Credits.

Edited at 03:21 PM.
Old 31 May 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What another lovely day. You fitted so much in!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List