Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Jun 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Nimbus technically no, we didn’t have until 27/6 despite Disney’s email because our PIF date was 20/6 hence we made a decision last week. However, with Disney‘ s stellar IT they still seem to think that I’ve got a live booking for this August.
Really feel that Disney’s communication has been very sub par in all this, and its taken a good deal of their shine away for me YMMV.
tigger48 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
Thank you! I was going to try and call them this morning so I will do the same if I get through!

Got a 167 min wait currently (no call back option) so by my lunch break I should be through!
I called the main number at 9 exactly but got no indication of a wait time and no callback option either. 91 mins and counting on the up side, my DD was really enjoying the hold music until she had to go to school.
Old 23 Jun 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by cd900 View Post
I called the main number at 9 exactly but got no indication of a wait time and no callback option either. 91 mins and counting on the up side, my DD was really enjoying the hold music until she had to go to school.
I'm on 1hr 20mins so far, 1 more hour to go! Fingers crossed they can give an indication of where we might end up going if they don't know exactly

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I'm on 1hr 20mins so far, 1 more hour to go! Fingers crossed they can give an indication of where we might end up going if they don't know exactly
I got through after 2 hours 42 mins on hold Headline points were:-
1. We will be contacted about options available for accommodation.
2. They don't know where we will be offered but we won't be downgraded. We will be offered either the same level or above.
3. There won't be any charge for upgrades.
4. (This might not be relevant here but I'll include it anyway for info) In a couple of weeks they will be able to make amendments to bookings so we can call back and have our current 21 day ultimate tickets downgraded to 14 days and get a refund of the difference, without an amendment fee.

Obviously there has been some info from CM's previously that hasn't turned out to be 100% correct but that's what he said and he checked the points with his manager.
Old 23 Jun 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
Hmm. We are booked into hotel rooms in AKL for October- presumably this means that they are not available and we will be moved? AKL is where we want to be
I'm the same, I book hotels for reasons. I should have been staying at POFQ in September but cancelled. I'm so glad I did as it's not on the list to be opened.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

2. They don't know where we will be offered but we won't be downgraded. We will be offered either the same level or above.
4. (This might not be relevant here but I'll include it anyway for info) In a couple of weeks they will be able to make amendments to bookings so we can call back and have our current 21 day ultimate tickets downgraded to 14 days and get a refund of the difference, without an amendment fee.

Obviously there has been some info from CM's previously that hasn't turned out to be 100% correct but that's what he said and he checked the points with his manager.
Thank you for this info. Wonder when we'll be contacted! I'm really intrigued to see what we would have been offered.
Old 23 Jun 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Thank you for this info. Wonder when we'll be contacted! I'm really intrigued to see what we would have been offered.
Thank you for the info as well! I am on hold to them now and so will ask them if they know when we'd be contacted or if they have any more info, I saw someone else say it would be before balance was due which for a lot of us is now imminent!

Currently on 3hrs 25mins and the hold music has completely stopped so I am worried it'll chuck me out soon!

Edited at 12:57 PM.
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

Was this a UK travel company booking, or direct with Disney World? We are still technically booked with WDW directly for 21 July at Port Orleans Riverside and have heard nothing yet, but I wasn't really expecting to for a week or two to be honest.

I've have no emails asking if I still want to go, just a couple of messages about the cancellation of dining reservations and a general update of what WDW will be doing.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014

Edited at 01:19 PM.
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Was this a UK travel company booking, or direct with Disney World? We are still technically booked with WDW directly for 21 July at Port Orleans Riverside and have heard nothing yet, but I wasn't really expecting to for a week or two to be honest.

I've have no emails asking if I still want to go, just a couple of messages about the cancellation of dining reservations and a general update of what WDW will be doing.

Andre
Our booking was through WDWTC in the UK. I'm not expecting to hear anything for a couple of weeks either. Happy to give them a bit of time as I'm sure this is a real logistical nightmare for them. I think it was the WDWTC UK who emailed everyone telling them to confirm reservations or cancel by 27 June so that's possibly why you haven't had that email through. If you have a booking direct with the US company I'd guess you might even be contacted first about your options (once they decide what they are) as there seems to be a bit of a delay with things filtering through to the UK entity.
Old 23 Jun 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews

I finally got through after 4 hours and 1 minute! They said they don't know when we will find out the information and she said she doesn't know if we'll find out before the balance due date or not. I mentioned we're staying at POR and asked what would be happening, she told me I would be upgraded and not given a like for like but I would be given options on where I wanted to go (which I didn't think they did when it came to upgrades).

I asked about being downgraded and she said that wouldn't happen but if we weren't happy with the options we were given then we could ask to move to a value resort and they would refund the difference for us. I asked about fee's being waived and she said that all cancellation fees for 2020 stays have been waived anyway and if I don't like what is offered then I wouldn't lose my deposit.

She said we should get an email at some point if we are an effected customer with all the options on it and letting us know what we need to do next