Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Aug 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Never been so glad to find a trip report to read! Thank you so much for posting, absence does make the heart grow fonder. Great travel day and obviously looking forward to reading more 😊
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Sounds like a great travel day. 👍🏻😊
It was ... all really good.

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
What a lovely travel day, I love those seats, so much legroom that will be sorely missed. That pizza looks delicious. I would definitely have decamped to the other room.
They were perfect seats for Andy. I had the window seat on the way back in the same row. The pizza was yummy!
That blasted smoke alarm. Of all the rooms they put us in the one where the battery runs out on that particular night

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
I have stayed at the Sandman a few times and glad to see that the refurbish is finished. One of the drivers of the taxi company that the hotel uses warned me about the cost of a taxi from the airport and gave me one of their cards which is part of my holiday pack now.
Really impressed with the Sandman. That’s a good tip about the taxi. I jotted down the phone number ... must remember to add to our travel day pack too ! Won’t be making that mistake again

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I usually tend to skim read travel days however absence makes the heart grow fonder and I read yours properly to remind myself of happy times! Glad you managed to get the bubble seats. Flight sounds good and a reasonably quick airport exit which is always a bonus.

How nice that the bar tender remembered you. I hope you managed to catch up on your missed sleep-why do smoke alarms always seem to start beeping in the middle of the night?
Ah thank you .. for a flight booked only two weeks in advance we felt we really struck lucky on the available seats and I don’t mind paying the extra if I know Andy isn’t going to be cramped.
The lady in the cork and pint was so lovely. They see hardly any Brits so I guess we were memorable .. that and Andy being so tall
I did get some kip but was knackered by the end of the next day

Originally Posted by MarionG View Post
A very good travel day. We had the same beeping in a villa once in the hallway just outside our bedroom door. Ceilings were so high there was no way we could reach it so had to get Management company to come round the next day with a big ladder!
Nightmare ! Yes we asked them to come and sort it the next day too. Once you register the beep you can’t shut it out can you
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
How annoying is it when you can't sleep on pre-travel night? It happens to me all the time - just so scared of missing the alarm (I never have!), and a mix of travel nerves and excitement. Good start in the morning despite that... your pancakes look yummy, and Andy's breakfast is huge.

Flight sounds good - always handy to have a spare seat next to you. Shame about the lack of Tom Cruise movies, but Maleficent Mistress of Evil is good (well, I thought so ). Food seems decent too.

Well done on managing to get out on your first evening, you must have been so tired by then. Lovely that the bartender remembered you, and nice pizzas too for dinner.

Your accommodation looks fine for what you need, although it does look a bit dated. As long as it's clean though, that's what really matters. Also not sure about the glass blocks on the outside wall of a ground floor bathroom I'm guessing you won't be asking for that feature in your new home Oh dear, another sleepless night - I hope you manage to catch up on your rest at some point. A very exciting reason for not sleeping well though, I'm looking forward to reading more about your new home plans.
I’ve had such mixed pre travel nights .. can remember some where I’ve slept right through and others with no kip at all. Completely random !
Flight was excellent .. and yes I am not an Angelina fan but she is excellent in that role.
Ha ha deffo no glass blocks in the bathroom. Weird. And there was a path along the outside. Poor design !
The resort looked pretty good. Rooms just needed to get out of the 80s we felt. All that wicker and cane furniture ..

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
A nice easy travel day Amanda. Why on earth do smoke alarms always decide that they need a new battery in the middle of the night? that beep/ cheeping is so irritating it happened in our house a few weeks ago however the smoke alarm was so old that when Nathan tried to remove the cover to take the battery out the whole thing came out of the ceiling
Eek It was so disorienting waking up thinking what the heck is bleeping .. am I awake or sleepwalking Took me ages to work it out And Andy didn’t hear it at all.

Originally Posted by letty View Post
What a lovely surprise ,to find your trip report, Amanda.
I remember all the excitement around you buying your dream home, I’m so jealous.

With our upcoming November trip unlikely to happen ,it’s nice to indulge in a little bit of Florida magic
Hey there Thank you x it’s taken me an age to get round to this. We were so excited and then it went so flat , I couldn’t bring myself to write it. I reckon I jinxed it posting on insta when we were out there .. let’s hope this doesn’t do the same

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
We parked up next to The Falcon on return flight from nyc in December, it was stunning to see , can’t believe we’ve never flown virgin
You did so well to actually get out to have food on arrival!
I laughed about the karaoke as DD and I have just watched Mama Mia
Great travel day
It’s a fine looking plane ... I do like Virgin .. it’s always been a quality experience for us ...
Ha ha, the lady singing in the karaoke had a really deep voice so it was quite off key and completely surreal. Kudos to her for giving it a go. It just contributed to my sense of being totally spaced out

Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
Never been so glad to find a trip report to read! Thank you so much for posting, absence does make the heart grow fonder. Great travel day and obviously looking forward to reading more 😊
Ah thank you .. yes.. am missing travel day planning
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a simple, hassle free travel day! Glad to hear you put jam and cream on scones the correct way!

Can’t wait to read more.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It’s so nice to read a travel day - brings back lovely memories which we have missed this year! Thank you for posting and looking forward to reading along x
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Great travel day Amanda - we thought we had the Falcon for our flight out in November but alas it was one of the flights before the Orlando one. At least we saw it pulling away which I guess we wouldn’t have if we’d been on it

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday 😢
Old 29 Aug 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a great travel day, well apart from the fact you were knackered from lack of sleep. The empty seat next to you sure came in handy for drinks. A nice meal and drinks before heading to bed for a well earned and much needed full nights sleep, or not pesky smoke alarm. I'm sure you slept well the next night.

It's funny what you miss when you don't know how long it will be until the next time...the excitement of the airport breakfast...the first drink on the plane, it's never too early ...the watching the flight tracker and realising even though you've been flying for ages you're not even half way...the sight of the monorail at MCO...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 09:19 AM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a simple, hassle free travel day! Glad to hear you put jam and cream on scones the correct way!

Can’t wait to read more.
Ha ha, Jam first always!
Had a bit of a stall since I wrote this. I did that thing where I might have jinxed it the minute I started the trippy

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
It’s so nice to read a travel day - brings back lovely memories which we have missed this year! Thank you for posting and looking forward to reading along x
Thank you. I miss travel day too

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Great travel day Amanda - we thought we had the Falcon for our flight out in November but alas it was one of the flights before the Orlando one. At least we saw it pulling away which I guess we wouldn’t have if we’d been on it

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday 😢
I know, if I’d known at the time we would be flight starved I’d have taken even more pics

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a great travel day, well apart from the fact you were knackered from lack of sleep. The empty seat next to you sure came in handy for drinks. A nice meal and drinks before heading to bed for a well earned and much needed full nights sleep, or not pesky smoke alarm. I'm sure you slept well the next night.

It's funny what you miss when you don't know how long it will be until the next time...the excitement of the airport breakfast...the first drink on the plane, it's never too early ...the watching the flight tracker and realising even though you've been flying for ages you're not even half way...the sight of the monorail at MCO...
Oh Abby all those little things on travel day ... I miss them
This was a trip with not much sleep .. we thought it was so short why bother adjust to US time
Old 6 Sep 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sounds like a great travel day - apart from the beeping of course. Why does it always happen in the night? .
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Sounds like a great travel day - apart from the beeping of course. Why does it always happen in the night? .
I know ! And why in OUR apartment out of all of them !