Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Aug 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

So sorry this has happened & these idiots treated the caravan so awfully 🤬
Do they leave a deposit so you can reclaim money for the damages, why do some parents let their kids behave like animals especially when on holiday 🙄
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Disgusting behaviour, I would want their contact details to give them a piece of my mind but I’m guessing it would fall on deaf ears.

I’m looking to buy a caravan at Haven at Haggerston Castle. Going up Sunday for some information to see if it is viable. We have already decided not to rent out and the only people allowed to borrow are my two older daughters. Not my brother, not my wife’s sister, not my mother, not anyone because no one looks after your things the way you do.

I’ve been to enough caravans to know lots of people just do not care about the way they behave with others property.
You wont regret it, a beautiful park. Friendly staff, lovely area.
I dont regret buying as i do love my caravan, i just get frustrated by some guests. Haven are really helpful with any of these issues and the staff dont try to fob you off but try to find the best deal for you when buying.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Mobile

I completely understand why you beed to vent.
We are owners in Berwick Upon Tweed. We let Haven lease our van out a few years back. We did it for 1 year and will never do it again. What we got back was a complete mess. Coffee table broken, all tiebacks ripped off walls, wooden floor lifting and warped where it had been mopped but not dried, dirty walls, knobs missing from cooker, door handles missing, fridge handle broken off, shelf missing from fridge and so much more.
We let it ourselves but it is extremely time consuming.
Old 26 Aug 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

wow. I cant believe they do things like and there aren't any repercussions! I couldnt leave somewhere like that, before we check out we do as much as we can to tidy up after ourselves, and I'd never dream of stealing things - what is wrong with some people?
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Just awful, no respect. I would imagine this year it may have been worse with some people renting who wouldn’t usually. This is why I have always wanted to own somewhere to let but never done it. The only way I would was if money was on deposit and inspected before leaving. With phones and pictures now there should be cover.
So sorry for you, vent away!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

It’s so disrespectful. We rent ours out with Haven and I try not to think about how some people might be treating our caravan.
We pay for the letting maintenance fee and pay a one off charge (less than £200 a season) and then haven repair everything at no additional cost before we come back. We can see the jobs raised on our account but don’t see any of the damage (or shouldn’t anyway). This covers everything from missing inventory to wallpaper replacement.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Missing items is surely classed as theft. We used to have remote controls disappear from the hospital wards I worked on, people are just awful. We are holidaying in Reighton sands in Filey and will look after it like it was our own. Any Accidents would be owned upto. I really feel for the OP how disappointing that people treat your property with such disrespect.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Feel free to vent away. It is disappointing how little care people have for others or their property. We also keep places clean and tidy when we stay. Have only had one breakage in all our years of self catering when we broke a glass- we went out and bought an identical replacement. While accidents do happen, there is no excuse for what I think of as vandalism.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Unbelievable how people can be like that! I always tidy and clean everywhere thoroughly before we leave , including taking the bedding off, and emptying the bin. We stayed in a cabin in Rutland recently and I was mortified to break a wine glass, it looked like an Ikea one , but I left a note of apology on the table when we left.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baggers View Post
It’s so disrespectful. We rent ours out with Haven and I try not to think about how some people might be treating our caravan.
We pay for the letting maintenance fee and pay a one off charge (less than £200 a season) and then haven repair everything at no additional cost before we come back. We can see the jobs raised on our account but don’t see any of the damage (or shouldn’t anyway). This covers everything from missing inventory to wallpaper replacement.
This is what we do. I try to come every fortnight now so not as big a gap between my visits. Haven do on the whole get it all done for me but its the annoyance and probably because ive been brought up that way. I no longer have nets up as they were ripped where they got caught in wondows,doors and just yanked.
The onsite team are really good and have commented how calm and nice i am when reporting the damages etc compared to others but i often think its not the office staff fault so why shout at them.

I think parks need to implement something as this cant continue for them never mind owners.

I love it here and once im calm i can relax. It has certainly aided my physical health after my illness once we reopened in july. My fitness is so much better, even with the bouts of fatigue.

I also do think its the certain types of people coming this year and not being able to go abroad. This weeks guests are a little more civilised than last few weeks and i dont feel as scared to venture out of the caravan to walk around. Haven have all the precautions in place so not their fault.

I would recommend owning just got to be realistic about what will/could happen if rent out. We cant afford to do it privately. It just gots frustrating and need to vent. Thanks to you all.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List