Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Wow Sandra you really need to slow down and no wonder you will be sitting on your rear after loading the dishwasher it must have been very tiring
It was!
Old 15 Oct 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

one of the other forums i regularly post on has a thants! button (thanks, ants!) and that bumps the thread to the top of the forum just the same way as posting

to me, bumping a thread to keep it active and in view is the most important thing, but liking is also important, it shows that other people are at least reading it rather than just skimming past something youve taken quite some time to reply to, which is better than nothing i suppose.

if you dont do either of them, and just lurk most of the time, start showing some appreciation... without some form of acknowledgement, how will we know its even worth just shouting into the void?
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

MH like you I try to like any threads of mine that people take the time to comment on.

Won’t comment on the current virus threads, couple of comments I did make I got jumped on and only said I miss the grandchildren/fed up with it all.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
one of the other forums i regularly post on has a thants! button (thanks, ants!) and that bumps the thread to the top of the forum just the same way as posting

to me, bumping a thread to keep it active and in view is the most important thing, but liking is also important, it shows that other people are at least reading it rather than just skimming past something youve taken quite some time to reply to, which is better than nothing i suppose.

if you dont do either of them, and just lurk most of the time, start showing some appreciation... without some form of acknowledgement, how will we know its even worth just shouting into the void?
A good point Wayne, and even though I know for sure that everyone who reads my informative, interesting and exciting threads love them, I still appreciate some form of acknowledgement because I need the attention and it motivates me to write more threads which take a considerable amount of thought and planning (I guess that speaks for itself).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

A good point Wayne, and even though I know for sure that everyone who reads my informative, interesting and exciting threads love them, I still appreciate some form of acknowledgement because I need the attention and it motivates me to write more threads which take a considerable amount of thought and planning (I guess that speaks for itself).
same here... with some stuff, like in the tv/cooking forums where i post, sometimes i wonder why i bother when posts get ignored completely. even if its a "this sounds good, i might give it a try soon" or something, rather than just reading and moving on to the next thread/post without saying anything...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
same here... with some stuff, like in the tv/cooking forums where i post, sometimes i wonder why i bother when posts get ignored completely. even if its a "this sounds good, i might give it a try soon" or something, rather than just reading and moving on to the next thread/post without saying anything...
I’m probably one of the guilty ones here Wanye as I really enjoy your food/cooking posts even though most are beyond my capabilities
I will acknowledge in future!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I love your posts MH, gives me a laugh when the world is in chaos. Don't think I've ever been unkind with words, so here's a BIG THANKYOU
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
I love your posts MH, gives me a laugh when the world is in chaos. Don't think I've ever been unkind with words, so here's a BIG THANKYOU
Thank you for your kind words. I don't ever recall you being unkind but there is only a few dibbers who aren't always that friendly/kind to others but I don't keep a record

That said some of the DOGs are bordering evil and should be banned for life and made to load and empty Sandra's dishwasher (that poor woman has it hard).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for your kind words. I don't ever recall you being unkind but there is only a few dibbers who aren't always that friendly/kind to others but I don't keep a record

That said some of the DOGs are bordering evil and should be banned for life and made to load and empty Sandra's dishwasher (that poor woman has it hard).
Not sure she ever empties them, she just seems to buy new ones. She has had about 3 this year

You know I’m joking Sandra
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I'm being a brat I want my life back same as everyone else. X
Me also. Am so past it and getting very fed up at a completely wasted year and prospect of more of the same for 2021. Then the icing on the cake this afternoon when the leader of Essex decides that we need to be raised to tier 2 in the hope that we ‘might’ be able to celebrate Christmas! All I want is to be able to kick dh out of the house to watch football or play bowls (for same peace and quite), to start travelling again and see the rest of the family, including my mother who is end of life care in a care home and db and myself are unable to see her as she can only have one visitor who is next of kin visit once a month for 15 minutes
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List