Old 18 Jan 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

$30k later - 26/12/16 - Day 10 - CRB/Magic Kingdom/Yachtsman Steakhouse

26/12/16- CRB/Magic Kingdom/Yachtsman Steakhouse

Index
Day 09 here

We woke up at 8.15 and got ready to go out. We made our way to the closest bus stop and we were straight on bus to the Magic Kingdom! Love it when that happens

We arrived at the gates of Magic Kingdom and as neither of us had bags we skipped the bag line and we were in the park for 9.15am. We had a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain between 9.20am and 10.20am but we decided to get breakfast first at Main Street Bakery.

It was busy in there but we were soon served with 'the usual':

- Sausage and egg with a flat white for me.
- Sausage and egg with a 'big normal' for Phil!

Our order arrived and we made our way round the side of Main Street Bakery to sit opposite the Pandora shop entrance. A Keys to the Kingdom tour was there so we couldn't sit at a table, so we perched on a bench and munched on our breakfast whilst watching the world go by.

Finishing our breakfast, we walked over to Big Thunder Mountain. It was just gone 10am and was posting a 30 minute wait, but practically walked on with our FastPass+. We queued up:

The ride is definitely a lot smoother than before!

Next up I suggest something that Phil has never experienced ever, and I've only recently experienced at Disneyland Paris! Yes - It's A Small World!

There surprisingly was a 25 minute queue, but it went quite quickly and we were soon boarding our boat.

I could see by the final couple of rooms from the expression on Phil's face that he was desperately hoping each corner we went round would be the last and the end of the ride!

Finally:

After the over-excitement of It's A Small World, we stopped for a quick refreshment stop and picked up a bottle of water. As we were in the area, we went on Philharmagic next as it was almost time for the next show. This is a great attraction - really enjoyable.

By the time we got out it was time for our 7 Dwarves Mine Train FastPass. The standby queue was posting a 100 wait!

Again, like Big Thunder, we practically walked onto the ride. It's a cute little rollercoaster, you can see by our chilled out expressions what we thought of it!

We then walked through castle to make our way over to Tomorrowland. A quick go on the People Mover was our next stop:

It was now time for our Space mountain fastpass. I got the front row of the ride vehicle and we set off! I forget how much this throws us around, I'd put my camera on the floor with the strap around my arm. Down one drop I felt it get bashed about so I tried to lift it to put it in my lap. It flew up and I jerked it back, only for it to smash into my leg and cause a huge bruise! Luckily the camera wasn't damaged, but I'll definitely keep a tight hold of it in my lap next time!

(if any other teachers are reading this (particularly secondary school), you will feel my rage about the bloke the back row!

After the ride was over, in my haste to get out and check the camera was okay, I totally didn't notice my phone slipping out of my pocket!

Luckily a cast member saw it and handed it to Phil so it was safe ... For the time being!

It was now nearly half past twelve and the park was becoming really busy. We tried to leave but we got caught in tail end of parade, so we watched a bit of it before making our way to the bus stops.

We JUST made bus back to Caribbean Beach Resort! Love it when that happens and you don't have to wait

We got changed and headed out about 2pm to Disney springs. As were on the bus it was a little bit rainy outside and we sheltered for a bit waiting for the rain to pass. We were both a little hungry so we made our way to the lava lounge for a drink and we shared a crab dip.

My memory card was playing up and saying that I had no space left for photos in my camera. I went to get memory card in the Marketplace, but for some reason that didn't work in camera either!

We wandered round Disney Springs, ending up at Raglan Road:

Phil then requested that we went to House of Blues to listen to the live bands. It was a bit busier than usual but we found a seat:

We had a lovely relaxing afternoon and left about 4.30pm to go to Boardwalk. The first bus to to turn up was for the Yacht and Beach Club, so was jumped on that. I couldn't help feel a tiny bit jealous of those folks heading back to the Y&B as their actual resort hotel - it is so beautiful there!

We walked round to the Boardwalk from the Yacht Club and sat on Boardwalk with a drink - just to make a change. Also, to make a change, I took some photographs!

My Magic Band and fitbit!

At about seven pm we made our way to the Yacht Club. As we walked from the Boardwalk to the Yacht Club we spotted the Star Wars fireworks starting:

When the fireworks were finished we made our way to the Yacht Club and we sat in the Mariners Bar as we were a little early for our dining reservation. This brought back so many lovely memories of our 2015 trip when we stayed in the Yacht Club and just spent a few chilled out evenings after being in the parks in there

Phil chilled out on his favourite balcony overlooking the Boardwalk:

Our reservation at the Yachtsman was 7.30pm and we made our way round there at that time. We were seated immediately.

We both had the cheese board to start which was absolutely delicious. You are presented with tasting notes to go with them and I followed them - they were all delicious!

Then went for the 10oz fillet mignon and Phil for the 16oz ribeye, both rare. They were AMAZING but I usually go for the 8oz and those two extra ounces ...

I was so full!

We also shared the side of mushrooms.

It was absolutely excellent and we were stuffed! We paid the bill and decided that we'd get a cab back to Caribbean beach, so we picked one up outside the Yacht Club and were soon speeding our way back.

Another lovely day here are Walt Disney World

Fitbit info

Totals
21,989 steps
15.05 km
2,752 calories

Day 11- Hollywood Studios and Fantasmic!

Edited at 09:03 AM.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

You both look so chilled out on seven dwarf train and I agree with your frustration of the lad in your space mountain photo. Enjoying reading along. 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Another great day
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day your dinner at Yachtsman sounded lovely

Joan
Old 19 Jan 17, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I swear you two have the best WDW holidays! I aspire to relax a lot more on our next trip and enjoy plenty of time with drinks at DS and the Boardwalk. And you can definitely never have too many photos of the Boardwalk - so gorgeous!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Wherejogoes
Earning My Ears

great photos thanks for sharing!
Old 20 Jan 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The Yacht Club lobby looks beautiful all decorated for Christmas.

Your Mine Train ride picture really made me laugh, I think it's quite a scary drop lol.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kirsttgordon
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

I'm so sorry because you've probably answered this question a million times, but which camera do you use for your photos? They are really beautiful!
Looks like you had an amazing time x
kirsttgordon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
daisy and ruby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I teach in Spain and feel your pain. Do.your kids flip bottles as well and then do the arm thing? Grrr
daisy and ruby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Lovely morning at MK and another great night down at the Boardwalk! Love the sunset photos! Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List