Old 22 Jan 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

$30k later - 28/12/16 - Day 12 - CBR/Animal Kingdom/Disney Springs/Maya Grill

28/12/16 - CBR/Animal Kingdom/Disney Springs/Maya Grill

Index
Day 11 here

Today we aimed to be up and about a little earlier, so we got up at 7.30am and got ready. Our plan today was Animal Kingdom and we were soon waiting for a bus.

We shortly arrived at Animal Kingdom at about 8.45am and made our way inside. We had a little time until our Safari fastpass so we stopped for breakfast in Starbucks. We had 'the usual'. C'mon, do I need to type it again!?

Sausage and egg sandwich with a flat white for me and a ...
Chocolate chip frappe with extra foam and Cinnamon Roll...

*cough*

Sorry, I mean a 'bog normal' (Americano with milk) and a bacon and egg Sandwich for Phil

We sat on a wall to eat our breakfast, right by these guys:

We then noticed an area behind the tree of life which was shut in the summer, so of course we had to have a look!

Curiosity satisfied, we made our way into 'Africa':

We made our way to the safari and queued up in the fastpass lane. There was still a little bit of a wait but we were soon on:

The animals seemed a little quieter today, there were barely any giraffes out, but that's actually good because it shows how unqiue the experience actually is?

We then went on what we insist on calling the Paganini forest trail - if you're a musician/Classical music fan you will get why

For once the hippo wasn't in the water:

We made our way over to the Asia section of the park and stopped for coffee in Joffreys again. I had another delicious frozen frappe:

As we were waiting to collect our drinks quite a queue built up behind us and as we collected our drinks a lady didn't realise and basically marched to the front, not realising about 10 people were waiting! The lady at the front of the queue *did* point out her mistake and she looked mortified and made her way to the back of the queue!

Also, the straws on these drinks are a bit rubbish because they collapse after a few sips! I know why they don't use plastic straws but it was really annoying trying to make the tube open enough to let the drink through!

As I was grappling with frappe vs straw, Phil drunk his 'bog normal' coffee - he does like the Joffrey's version more than the Starbucks one.

As we had time before our Everest fastpass, we watched the monkeys:

We then did the Maharaja trek:

Next up is my favourite Disney coaster - Everest:

(note I don't look *quite* as casual as I had been on the 7DMT! )

Fantastic as usual

Having done most of what we wanted to, we decided to leave the park. It was now about 12pm and so we and made our way back to Caribbean beach. The bus was empty!

It was lovely and warm so I said I fancied a swim. Phil said there was no way! We went and collected our stuff from the room and made our way over to the main pool. After setting ourselves up with a couple of beds I went into the main pool for a swim but it was a little bit too cool! So I sat in the hot tub for a bit and then went to find Phil.

We shortly made our way back to the room and had showers and got changed.

We then caught a bus to Disney Springs. It was about 2pm and we were both hungry so we made our way to House of Blues and ordered some nachos to share:

These were delicious! A few drinks followed as we just enjoyed the atmosphere:

I had a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri and it turned out to be happy hour so I also had a long island iced tea. Well, it'd be rude not to!

We finished our nachos and walked around Disney Springs, looking in various shops but just browsing really. We could see the Characters in Flight balloon going up and down all afternoon:

We then had a look round the new Coke shop, before catching a bus over to Coronado Springs. We were still a little early for our ADR at Maya Grill so we stopped for a drink at the bar. Their hotel bar is VERY nice and a great selection of wine.

Before we went in for our meal I took a few photos outside:

We made our way to the restaurant and we were soon seated at just after 7.30pm. As we sat down I'm not sure what I did but I managed to pull something in my stomach and it felt really uncomfortable. I mentioned it to Phil and said I wasn't sure what I'd done. I stood up and walked around for a bit to try and make the pain go away, but it just wasn't shifting ...

Our server came over and I ordered the soft shelled crab to start and fish tacos for my main. Phil went for the caesar salad and pork for his main.

Our starters took ages and in the end a senior member of staff came over and apologised and said mine was on the house! We hadn't really noticed the wait as I was feeling really quite unwell at this point. Our starters eventually turned up after a 45 minute wait and mine was a bit strange as it was a whole soft shell crab, which looked really dark, deep fried and sat on the plate! It tasted alright but I wouldn't be in a rush to order it again! Phil said his salad was nice.

Our mains turned up shortly after and we started to eat them but I didn't manage much of mine as I wasn't feeling great. Our waiter came over and was fussing around a bit thinking there was a problem with the food but I was just apologising and saying I'm really sorry, it's not the food I don't feel well... He cleared our plates and I felt something in the area of the pain just 'click' and suddenly - I felt a million times better! It was like instant relief!

Feeling much, much better we paid the bill (which was $104 with a tip as we felt bad for the waiter!) and made our way to the front desk. Meh... It was alright, we both said we wouldn't be in that much of a rush to go back.

To save going via a park, we got taxi back to Caribbean beach and arrived about 9.30pm ish for a couple of drinks in the bar.

Fitbit Info

Totals
20,567 steps
4.03 km
2,740 calories

Coming soon - EPCOT and Coral Reef
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Lovely morning. They don't have plastic straws in AK in case they get in the animal enclosures.

Glad you felt better after your stomach issues!
X
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Your AK morning looks lovely, especially that frappe mmm! Shame you felt unwell, glad to hear it resolved itself for you, you dont need any medical issues this trip!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have to say I have took a sharp intake of breath thinking that there were going to be medical issues this holiday too! Phew - thankfully not!

Like the idea of just chilling at Disney Springs, we seem to spend the holiday running from one thing to another - so this looks so good to me
Old 23 Jan 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Great day again, you have some really good photo shots, love the ones of the balloon while at HOB.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day with a mix of things done
Shame about the funny pain and the wait for your meal.

Joan
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Lovely morning. They don't have plastic straws in AK in case they get in the animal enclosures.

Glad you felt better after your stomach issues!
X
Yeah, totally understandable about the straws but they are rubbish!

No idea what was up with my stomach, it was very odd and glad it went away reasonably quickly

x

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Your AK morning looks lovely, especially that frappe mmm! Shame you felt unwell, glad to hear it resolved itself for you, you dont need any medical issues this trip!
Definitely not- Florida Hospital definitely have enough of our insurance companies money!

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
I have to say I have took a sharp intake of breath thinking that there were going to be medical issues this holiday too! Phew - thankfully not!

Like the idea of just chilling at Disney Springs, we seem to spend the holiday running from one thing to another - so this looks so good to me
I did have visions of us ending back in hospital when the pain just wouldn't subside! Glad it eventually went though without too much of a bother.

We do love our chilled out days

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Great day again, you have some really good photo shots, love the ones of the balloon while at HOB.
Thank you - I do like taking photos

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great day with a mix of things done
Shame about the funny pain and the wait for your meal.

Joan
Thanks for reading
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh God I bet you started having flashbacks when your tummy felt funny!

We're staying at CSR this year and planning to try Maya Grill, we're not expecting much but it will be good to tick it off the list!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another there lovely day, glad your pain went as fast as it came
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh God I bet you started having flashbacks when your tummy felt funny!

We're staying at CSR this year and planning to try Maya Grill, we're not expecting much but it will be good to tick it off the list!
The first time we ate there we really, really loved it. Not quite what was going on this trip but hopefully it'll be good when you try it too?

Argh that pain ... It was so odd, I put it down now to being out of my normal eating habits but I had visions of ambulances and insurance craziness again and Centra Care ...

Glad it went as soon as it came really!

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Another there lovely day, glad your pain went as fast as it came
Me too, thanks for reading