Old 10 Aug 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
So happy you’re back!

Haha we have a holiday morning routine too

Totally agree about F&F, it’s pretty terrible!

Sounds like a good lunch! Love they glasses! Chris would definitely have been buying a few of those!

Laughing at the Hollywood photo of you! Boys suck at photography 😂

I feel the same about the Simpson’s ride! We haven’t rode it for years because of all the reasons you gave. It’s screaming for a re-furb.

Hahaha national lampoons is too funny. We started watching it with Jake last year only to discover (to our horror), that it’s not quite as family friendly as the Christmas one! Hahahahaha!

Great day, you got loads done and at a nice pace! So excited for your birthday report! CHOP CHOP 😆 xx
I didn’t even think to look to see if you could buy the glasses at NBC! To be clear, that doesn’t mean we were considering stealing them either!

I was probably Jake’s age when I first watched National Lampoons Vacation and it didn’t scar me toooo much. But still, 🙀
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
A pretty packed day with no Express Pass required!

Oh dear, so F&F is neither Fast or Furious. We're going to have to ride this, I'm thinking it must be like Kong but with cars instead of jungle creatures? Annoying ride vehicle too as if you're sat in the middle you don't see much.

I was so worried about fitting on rides at Universal, good to know the staff looking after your travel companion were keen to get him to ride, even if it meant it took a while and Andy thought he'd lost you.

Will have to remember the 2 shows at Universal, I like animals and a sit down so a few boxes ticked there.

Ooooooh, cheese curds and tots for the win. Yum! NBC Grill is firmly on the list.

I do not blame you for avoiding Rip Ride Rockit. I intend to do the same.

I feel like if you're going to just stand on the moving walkway, at least stand to one side so people can power walk past you?

Well done on snagging an Uber and beating the surge charge, shame about the traffic getting back to the Beach Club though, an hour for that short journey!

Thanks for writing, am very impressed at your memory!
Yes, F&F is similar to Kong in style and structure but not as good - which isn’t saying a lot. The queue was the best bit...

NBC has to go on your list. We’d definitely do it again, but there are lots of other City Walk places we also want to try.

The walkway hogs have clearly never been on an escalator in the tube at rush hour, that’s all I can say!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
Love NBC Grill, haven't been for a couple of years but looking forward to going again in October. I know what you mean about the size of the place, I also remember the house Pale Ale was pretty great. Had steak last time but definitely getting one of those burgers next visit.
Ah yes, I think it was the pale ale that we had. I know it kicked like a mule - I’m not usually so light headed after only two.

Good luck with the burger - very tasty but a total beast!
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gaston77 View Post
I do enjoy reading your trip reports! Your humour and attention to detail make for great reading. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
That’s really kind, thank you. And thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Hurrah to you being back! (Although you know that we are going to be pestering you now you have admitted to having a few days in the bank... #chopchop

Love A's t-shirt for today (I have something very similar for our trip to Universal)... and also totally loving the DIY flamingo vest too!

Haha I think the lack of queue for F&F probably says it all... I have heard absolutely nothing positive about this ride, but given it's new to us we will of course be riding, just so we know first hand just how terrible it is!

Hmmm I am intrigued by this coffee/mint combo, sounds like something I would like... tell me it was good!

Ah man, I hadn't worked NBC Grill into our plans for this trip but reading this has reminded me of the lovely meal we had there on our last trip... I may have re-visit the intinierary! That burger looked epic...

So great how quiet Universal was for you today, saved you a fair few dollars not needing Express Passes. Oh and for sure we will get you on RRR at some point! We managed to convince you on ToT and look how much you love that now!

I am totally with you on Simpsons too, it's one of the few rides I avoid at Universal as it leaves me feeling sick for hours after, it's just not worth the nausea!

Such a fab day, the perfect way to see out your 30s for sure. I can't wait for the 40th birthday bonanza that's coming up!
I think Andy’s T-shirt was from Sainsbury’s of all places - he’s worn it to death!

Ooh so will NBC be going on the list? I wonder what their cocktails are like... ?

Glad you enjoyed today’s instalment. Birthday bonanza is coming up next!
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
great day love love love NBC- the Pretzel app is amazing it's so big it looks like a steering wheel may need to try the cheese curds next time to soak up all their delicious cocktails!
Yes, NBC was a bit of a hit, I have to say. Andy doesn’t really like pretzels so I wonder if I could demolish one myself...sounds like a challenge for the next trip!
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Tots and curds in one meal? You're spoiling us all. It sounds like a blissfully chilled out universal day without the crowds. We had the same guy in the horror Make up show we saw this week, he's still going strong.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Tots and curds in one meal? You're spoiling us all. It sounds like a blissfully chilled out universal day without the crowds. We had the same guy in the horror Make up show we saw this week, he's still going strong.
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful trip. Looking forward to catching up on the report...

I thought of you the other day as the Sainsbury's flip flops finally went in the bin. Sandals in the bin, as Elton almost sang, eh?
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful trip. Looking forward to catching up on the report...

I thought of you the other day as the Sainsbury's flip flops finally went in the bin. Sandals in the bin, as Elton almost sang, eh?
Aah I'm glad you think of me fondly

Do you know what? I still have those old crappy flip flops! I bought a new pair for the trip just gone, so nice new ones went to Florida with me but I haven't brought myself to throw away the old ones. They are still kicking around for going into the garden and because I love them. Best £1.50 I've ever spent in my life. Who knew Primark flip flops had longevity?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Aah I'm glad you think of me fondly

Do you know what? I still have those old crappy flip flops! I bought a new pair for the trip just gone, so nice new ones went to Florida with me but I haven't brought myself to throw away the old ones. They are still kicking around for going into the garden and because I love them. Best £1.50 I've ever spent in my life. Who knew Primark flip flops had longevity?
Yes, I thought you'd be flattered at that.
I had to make Andy prise them out of my hands and put them in the bin - they were nearly 10 years old though - and had more miles on them than our current car - so they'd had a pretty good innings.

I'm very into Rocket Dog flip flops at the moment - pricey but soooo comfortable.