Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Sep 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Is universal really worth it?

We haven't been to universal for quite a few years and oh has said about possibly adding it to our trip next year but as we would probably only do each park once I'm not sure that its really worth the extra cost as the tickets are now so expensive.
Is there a cheaper way to do it than the standard 2/3 park ticket - we wouldn't do volcano bay
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

it’s down to your own individual taste and budget.

I get what you mean about costs - we bought the 14 day passes on our first trip 15 years ago and visited twice so not the best use of the money. Saying that however, now, it’s highly likely as our family grows up it will be Disney we stop going to first and keep Universal in the mix a bit longer.

We also stay onsite at Universal now too so being so close makes making the best use of the tickets possible. I priced up individual day tix to Universal last week on their app and as long as we visit twice on our next visit, the 14 day tix are cheaper - we’re only staying for 5 nights but will ‘break even’ so to speak on day 2. For me, it’s a lot of money on just one day, but if you were planning on 2 or more visits it might be worth it.

Plus, for me, I find Universal a welcome break from the mouse; personally it’s a ‘slower’ park for us (this may be due to no FP+ or ADRs to make) and I enjoy the break. We’re also all HP nuts so to miss it would be sacrilege right now.
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Unfortunately with the price increase I would say no, it's very hard to justify that sort of outlay for 2 days. We considered a 1 day plus HHN last year but reckoned we wouldn't have been far off £300. Don't get me wrong, the Studios used to be my favourite park, not so sure on some of the new editions as they are hardly getting rave reviews! We have bought APs for this year but will get 2 holidays out of them & 2 UAP were the price of 1 Disney! When the 3rd park comes I expect that prices will go up even further. To be fair though I also think the Disney price for 1 day is also expensive
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

It really depends. Last trip we bought the 2 week pass but only visited twice - such a waste! On previous trips I enjoyed it, but last trip I wasn’t overly impressed. It felt run down, rides weren’t working correctly etc especially in the US park. We said this trip we’ll Uber over there and just pay on the door if we really fancy it, but I’d only really want to go for Hagrid’s and The Mummy! Seems like a lot of cash for 2 rides.

Obviously that’s just my personal opinion of course and there will be many people on the other end of the spectrum
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It will cost us £1400 for the family of 4 to visit Universal staying one night at an express pass hotel. Its rather expensive!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We got 2 day park to park from orlandoattractions for 220 each if it helps?
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It all depends what you want out of it. If you dont do Disney but just universal with a smattering of other things then yes it is worth it.
There is lots to see and do and you could easily spend 4 or 5 days doing the parks and city walk
Old 2 Sep 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

As people said it’s personal choice, overall universal has the best rides but Disney is the better park, in all honesty they complement each other I just wish someone would get their execs in a room and bang their silly heads together if they worked together it would bring transform a Disney Florida holiday
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As others have said, it's all a matter of personal taste. For us, we wouldn't go to Orlando without visiting Universal/IoA. It's a majorly essential part of the reason we keep going back, much more so than any Disney park and that is unlikely to change anytime soon.
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

I wouldnt be able to justify that outlay if it were just for 2 days. We now tend to choose between the parks now. We used to do Universal every trip but that was when it was an affordable add on. Only you can decide if its worth the outlay to you though. We loved Volcano Bay
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List