VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another Birthday Trip, Oct 2019 - Day 3, Animal Kingdom, Walmart, POR Wandering and Disney Springs

The previous day is HERE.

Saturday 5 October 2019

I finally slept much better than I had been and was woken by Kaley at 5.22am (precise again! ) as Madison had needed the toilet and put the light on so she could see and woken her up in the process. This was to be another early morning as we wanted to take advantage of the 7am-8am EMH hours at Animal Kingdom so it likely wasn't much earlier than the alarm had been set anyway.

We all got up, had showers, dressed, suncream, etc. and the girls and Phil had cereal again.

We were in the car and on our way to Animal Kingdom at 6.35am, a bit later than I had hoped for, and were driving through the main entrance at 6.50am. Even though it was early and not busy, we were parked in Dinosaur 32, which was quite far away. We got on the waiting tram but due to the works going on outside the entrance, this drops off quite a distance from the entrance so we would have been just as quick to walk.

Even with this, we were through security / bag check and the tapstyles before 7.10am. We weren't in a rush to get anything in particular done this morning, we wanted to get some pictures in front of the tree and have a look around Pandora before it got too busy.

I don't have any PP pics from this morning so I can only assume there weren't any photographers about. We took a few photos near the tree

I do love this park icon

We passed this on our way to Pandora

We took some photos as we walked towards Flights of Passage

The wait time for FOP was already 60 minutes. We already had FPs for later in the holiday, that's why we hadn't rushed here at opening.

This whole area is stunning and has been done so well. We had been wandering around slowly, taking photos and filming, then went to Na'vi River Journey. We were on this at 7.30am.

This was fun, another gentle family ride and the detail in there is incredible.

We took a few more photos as we made our way towards Africa

We went out of Pandora via the bridge / walkway to Africa, Phil taking more scenery and detail pictures on the way

Festival of Lion King

When we got to Tusker House, we saw Mum, Dad, Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody as they had a breakfast ADR. We said a very quick hello as they were on their way inside, then carried on towards Asia.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 04:16 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

We stopped to take some photos on the yellow bike

More photos as we continued our walk to Expedition Everest for our FP

We stopped for more vehicle photos

Drinkwallah

We had made a list of some of the things we wanted to try using our snack credits so when we came to the Royal Anandpur Tea Company, we stopped and got a frozen chai latte

This should have cost $5.69 plus tax but we used a snack credit. Me and Madison really liked it and I hadn't had much of it before Madison decided she liked it more than me and kept the rest for herself.

We got a few pictures of where Rivers of Light is

I think this is Mr Kamal's, there were things here I wanted to try but we never got around to it.

Soon enough we were at Expedition Everest

We watched it for a few minutes so Kaley could decide if she wanted to go on

She decided she didn't want to, so Phil went on his own. It was about 8.25am and he was off in less than 10 minutes. I completely messed up here, we had a perfect spot to film as the train came down the steep slope and Phil being in his Leicester shirt was easy to spot. Well, instead of pressing the record button I pressed the camera button so just took a photo! As you can see from the PP pic, he was at the front too!

He came back round and I told him what had happened. I said I wanted to record him on the ride so sent him back on with my MB. Again, he was back in less than 10 minutes. He wasn't at the front this time but I did manage to record him this time, yay!

He loves this ride so I think he was secretly glad I messed up as he got to go on twice.

We continued on our slow walk around the park towards Dinoland, taking lots more photos

Nemo

Soon enough, we were in Dinoland

Madison and Kaley wanted to go on TriceraTop Spin so we went on that

This was fun, the girls both really liked it, they especially liked being able to sit together.

Funny hats

Dinosaur picture

Dinosaur

Phil bought some more pins from the pin cart then we carried on out of Dinoland

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We saw the otters and cotton topped monkeys

More photos as we continued on our walk back to Africa

We were soon back in Harambe

As soon as we walked in to Africa, we saw Dan, Dave and Cole. They were just about to get a Colossal Cinnamon Bun from Kusafari Coffee Shop and Bakery so we said we'd get it for them and use a snack credit. Photo fail as I didn't get a picture. This should have cost $7.49 plus tax. We sat with them while they ate it, Madison and Kaley helping them, then we made our way to Kilimanjaro Safari where we were meeting the others.

We joined the FP line at 10am and it was really long and very slow going to start with. When it got to the bit where you leave the pushcahirs, we all moved over and took a photo

This is one of my favourite photos from the whole holiday.

Soon enough, the line just started moving and we were continuously walking to the part where it splits off to the two sides. We went to the left and were on the ride at 10.20am.

Some animal photos, because you have to share your animal photos

This was fun as usual though I did write in my notes that there didn't seem to be as many animals out. We were off the ride just after 10.40am. Everyone wanted to do different things now so we went off on our own to the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail

More animal photos

Stopping for a photo

The trail was good as it always is.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 28 Mar 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Fichwa!

I have no idea where this photo was taken, going through the photos, this is the first time I have ever seen this

It was hot out but none of us fancied getting wet on Kali River Rapids

We wanted some lunch by now, well it was 11.15am! There was only one place we wanted to go today, Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes.

The menu

We got the Teriyaki Beef Bowl - marinated beef, carrots, snap peas, onions and mushrooms in sweet teriyaki sauce with white rice, $12.79 plus tax, and the Honey Chicken - tempura chicken, carrots, snap peas, honey sauce and white rice, $12.29 plus tax.

We got a diet coke and a sprite, $4.50 each plus tax

We used two quick service credits for these. We also used two snack credits to get a Pork Egg Roll, $3.99 plus tax, and a Chicken Fried Rice Side, $4.29 plus tax.

This was all really good, we love the food from here. The rice pot really is tiny though.

Phil, Madison and Kaley wanted something for a pudding so we went to Tamu Tamu Refreshments. Phil had a Dole Whip Pineapple Float, $5.99 plus tax, and Madison had a Dole Whip Pineapple Cup, $4.99 plus tax

We used two snack credits for these and they were really good and refreshing with it being so hot.

Kaley didn't want anything from here so Phil took her to one of the ice cream carts while Madison and I were waiting for the dole whips. She got a Premium Mickey Bar, no price as he didn't remember what it was. We used a snack credit for this too

She really enjoyed this and didn't get in too much of a mess.

We went over to Creature Comforts so that I could buy the new Starbucks mug. We saw Bethany, Piper and Cody outside (Ryan was inside getting a drink) so we chatted for a few minutes before I went in to buy it. This was $19.99 plus tax

We had done what we had hoped to get done this morning so decided to leave now, stopping for a couple of PP pics on the way out

We went to the toilets just inside the park on the way out, then stopped for a couple more photos, though it was so bright the girls were struggling

Maleficent, Mistress of Evil themed bus

We walked back to the car rather than waiting for the tram and were in the car and on our way at 12.30pm. We were going to Walmart and were at the Old Lake Wilson Road store 10 minutes later. I took a few pictures of the e.l.f makeup and some Ben and Jerry's

It still gets me how many different varieties they have.

My Mum had bought Madison some e.l.f makeup on one of her previous holidays and I have found that it is the best makeup for when the girls need it for dancing. It goes on and comes off really well. Madison wanted to spend some of her birthday money on make up so she got all of these

Madison and Kaley got some different flavour twizzlers

I got more makeup and brushes for dancing for them

I also got our usual must haves of Lucky Charms, US Weekly, Junior Mints, water, some Coors Light for Phil and sun cream that we needed while we were there. We also bought two Contigo tumblers that we could fill with cold water from the fridge in the morning and leave in the car. These were then still cold when we got back to the car after being out. They were $14.72 plus tax each

I had made a list of some things I wanted to buy to bring home, so got more Lucky Charms, Coppertone sun cream, Palmolive washing up liquid (it reminds me of staying in SSR and OKW), a Tide fabric pen, Ranch dressing and Ranch dressing powder, more Twizzlers, Honey Mustard dressing and onion powder.

We didn't have a particularly full trolley but we still managed to spend $132, all the little things soon add up. We were also in there for almost an hour, somehow, like your money, time also disappears in Walmart!

We managed to take a couple of wrong turns on our way back to POR and on our way, we saw:

The Skyliner
Boardwalk
Swan and Dolphin
Epcot
The main Magic Kingdom entrance sign
Fort Wilderness
Golden Oak
Pet Care Centre

And then finally, POR!

In fairness, on many occasions, we did find the going past Fort Wilderness, Golden Oak, etc. to be the best way to get back from wherever we had been.

We got back to our room about 2.10pm

We put all our stuff away and chilled out for a little bit. We wanted to have a wander and to take photos / film, so we left to go out at 2.45pm.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 28 Mar 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Sorry, loads of photos coming now.

The mansion building

Still outside our building

Sassagoula River

This was one of the leisure pools, and was to the right of our mansion (when looking at our building with the river behind you)

Another view of the river

Pretty coloured direction signs

This was the bridge we used to get to the main areas of the resort

More river views

This detail reminds me of SSR

I did not like seeing this sign

This bench was just before the main area

This is looking back over to Oak Manor

The arcade

This was the building next to the boat dock

Outside view of the main buildings

The lobby, it looks very busy with people waiting

Post box

Fulton's General Store

Boatwright's Dining Hall

Riverside Mill

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 28 Mar 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

More photos of the outside

Ol' Man Island pool area

The water mill from the Ol' Man Island side

More signage

The campfire

It was lovely having a wander around POR. It is a beautiful resort and the main pool area looked very good, though we didn't manage to actually get over there to use it.

We weren't planning on doing any more exploring today so made our way back to the boat dock. We only had to wait a couple of minutes for a boat (Sassagoula Sunset) and we left at 3.30pm.

We stopped at POFQ at 3.36pm and were back on our way a few minutes later.

Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas

Always trying to spot aeroplanes

Love this sign

Enjoying the boat journey

We were pulling into the Marketplace boat dock at 3.50pm and quickly off the boat

We took the walkway round into the Marketplace. This was our first time doing this walk, the walkway wasn't open when we were last here in 2015

We had a wander around and went in the Art of Disney shop. We love it in here and could spend an absolute fortune. The Days of Christmas shop is always a must for me too

We had a look in Goofy's Candy Co

We took some photos with the Winne the Pooh character scene

Kaley tried on the BB8 hat in the Star Wars Trading Post shop

And they both had some photos with the figures in Disney's Pin Traders

We had a look in Mickey's Pantry and Marketplace Co -Op

We went into Ghirardelli's, where I was really happy to find that they had peppermint bark squares in stock

We went into the World of Disney shop next

I quite liked the new décor, though did still find everything was difficult to find. Madison and Kaley had been asking to buy a teddy each and each time they had asked, it was always for the same one each. They have absolutely loads at home but really wanted to spend their money so they got one each - Madison a Big Feet Winnie the Pooh and Kaley a Big Feet Eyeore. These were $26.99 plus tax each but you could get them for $22 plus tax if you bought two or more so they did that. We also got the World of Disney reusable bag for $2.50 plus tax

Finished in here, we carried on walking towards the Landing.

This was our first time seeing the Landing area and we really liked it. We did manage to take the long way round on more than one of our DS trips this year, thinking we knew where we were going when we clearly didn't. BLUSH

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 28 Mar 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We were meeting Mum and Dad at Blaze pizza around 5pm and when we got there, they were outside

We had a look at the menu while we were waiting in line

We went along the line and ordered, getting 2 sodas, 2 Angry Orchards for Mum and Dad and a Coors Light for Phil. We went and found a table outside and before I had even finished getting our two sodas, our pager was going as the pizza was ready.

I already knew I wanted the White Top - white cream sauce, mozzarella, bacon, garlic, oregano, arugula, $9.95 plus tax

I had seen this in loads of dining reports and knew that I wanted this. It was so good and I'm glad it lived up to my expectations. I ate all of this.

Madison and Kaley shared a Build Your Own 2-Top, with pepperoni and ham, $9.45 plus tax

They really enjoyed this and ate it all.

Phil had the Hot Link - spicy red sauce, jalapeno, sausage, black olive, red onion, banana pepper, mozzarella, $9.95 plus tax.

From the picture, it looks like he had this without the olives. He really enjoyed his too, again eating it all.

Mum had the Meat Eater - pepperoni, meatballs, red onion, mozzarella, red sauce, $9.95 plus tax.

Being entirely repetitive, Mum really enjoyed this and also ate it all.

Dad also had a Build Your Own 2-Top, with pepperoni and mushrooms, $9.45 plus tax.

Same again for Dad, he really enjoyed it and also finished his.

I had taken photos while the food was on the counter as I knew they wouldn't be whole pizzas when I sat down.

This should have cost $80.67 but we used 5 QS credits.

We sat for a while talking and enjoying being sat outside. It was a lovely evening, not too hot out. When we were done, we went for another wander around the shops in this part of DS.

I don't recall which shop it was but we went in the one with the expensive ears. These ones were $600!

We looked around a few more shops with Mum and Dad before saying goodbye, as there were some shops they still wanted to look in and we wanted to go back to the Marketplace

We were going to go into Ghirardelli's but it was rammed so we left it for today. Madison was the only one who wanted a pudding so we went to Goofy's Candy Co so she could get an M&M covered rice crispy treat.

This should have cost $5.49 plus tax but we used a snack credit. We walked back to the boat dock and only waited a few minutes for the boat to come, this time it was Louisiana Lady

The boat left at 6.26pm. Photos while we were on our way back

It's such a lovely view of DS from the boat.

Madison was enjoying her rice krispy treat

Last view as we headed back to the resort

Sign for Old Key West

Port Orleans French Quarter

I did find it strange that POR is the bigger resort but every boat we got to or from here stopped at POFQ yet POFQ had their own boat. With the difference in size of the two resorts, I would have thought it would be the other way around.

In fairness, it doesn't add that much to the journey time and we were back at POR at 6.50pm. We went back to the room to dump all of our stuff and pick up our mugs.

We walked back to Riverside Mill and each got a drink, then went to the arcade. I had a sit in one of the massage chairs, this was $2 for 5 minutes and was definitely worth it. Phil got $10 loaded onto an arcade card to get 600 points and him, Madison and Kaley had fun playing some games

Earlier that day, I had arranged to meet Tim again so he could drop off my other parcels. I went to the lobby just before our scheduled meet time and he walked in as I did. We talked for. A few minutes then I went back to the arcade where they were still playing and having fun.

It wasn't much longer when we went back and the girls were in bed at 8pm, falling straight to sleep again. I wasn't far behind them, being in bed at 8.15pm and reading US Weekly for a bit. We had a very early alarm for tomorrow.

My steps for today - 22,752
Phil's steps for today - 22,148

Next up, Hollywood Studios, swimming and Disney Springs is HERE.

TODAY'S DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 7 Counter Service used and 8 Snack Credit used.

OVERALL DINING PLAN ROUND UP - 10/80 Counter Service used and 9/80 Snack Credits used.

DINING PLAN CREDITS REMAINING - 70 Counter Service and 71 Snack Credits.

Edited at 02:40 PM.
Old 28 Mar 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a report with so many photos! I love it, thanks for taking the time to write it.
Looks like you enjoyed some really nice food today. This report is making me price up a 2021 countdown. 😂
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We love visiting POR when staying at POFQ. Blaze looked amazing but I’m a massive pizza fan!
Old 17 Apr 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The girls’ dresses are lovely and I love that they match your outfit!

I love seeing your supermarket purchases, we usually just browse the snack and toiletry aisles but we should definitely have a look at more of the groceries, I’m sure there’s loads of things I often see listed on US recipes that we can’t get here.

I agree about money just disappearing in Walmart, last time I thought I had enough cash in my purse but we had way overspent.

We call the Fort Wilderness road a ‘secret shortcut. We have lots of those in Disney, some of them probably aren’t shortcuts, they are just more scenic.

I love the photo of the girls on the bridge.

Those pizzas look gorgeous!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List