Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Apr 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyC
Serious Dibber

What’s been your worst flying experience ?

I love flying but have a wife who doesn’t share that feeling (not why she insists on Florida then) 🤔

I tell her every trip the most dangerous part is me driving to the airport rather than the flight ✈️

She says it doesn’t make sense how something that large and heavy can get off the ground and stay there 🙈

What’s your worst flight experience ?

Ours was whilst just speeding down the runway at MCO to come home there was a waterfall of liquid come through the console where you call for the stewardess and turn light on etc.

The stewardesses were running down the aisle whilst people were pressing their call buttons but there was no stopping us and we took off. Turns out it was just condensation from the planes air-con units 🙈🙈

That was with Thomas Cook 👍🏻
MickyC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Rattling down the runway on take off and then doing an emergency stop due to a medical emergency at the back of the plane - never seen cabin crew run so fast.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MickyC View Post
I love flying but have a wife who doesn’t share that feeling (not why she insists on Florida then) 🤔

I tell her every trip the most dangerous part is me driving to the airport rather than the flight ✈️

She says it doesn’t make sense how something that large and heavy can get off the ground and stay there 🙈

What’s your worst flight experience ?

Ours was whilst just speeding down the runway at MCO to come home there was a waterfall of liquid come through the console where you call for the stewardess and turn light on etc.

The stewardesses were running down the aisle whilst people were pressing their call buttons but there was no stopping us and we took off. Turns out it was just condensation from the planes air-con units 🙈🙈

That was with Thomas Cook 👍🏻
I was hit straight in the eye with the condensation from the aircon, scared the bejesus out of me
I don't like flying, we take off and landing are my worst nightmares but I love Disney
Thankfully my worst experience was based turbulence but it wasn't awful.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I’ve had the air con condensation drip on me quite a few times.

My worst flight experience was coming home from Lanzarote.
Our jet2 plane went tech so we had to go back through security and queue up to try and get on another plane. Thankfully we got the last seats on a monarch back to man. Took off about 7hrs after we were due to leave. Then as the flight wasn’t meant to have loads more pax there wasn’t enough fuel so we had to stop at Madrid. We landed with minutes to spare before the airport closed for the night.
Eventually made it home about 6am, then I had to go straight to work. Couldn’t sleep on the plane so was a bit tired that day.
Still could of been worse.

Taking off in a lightening storm leaving mco was quite exciting 😜
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

LGW to CDG, a terrible storm, ours was the first and only flight out that day. No service for the flights. Seats belts on all flights. Daughter then a toddler screamed the whole flight as wanted to get up to mobilse. Nightmare.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Flying out of Alicante, a route we do often, I noticed we weren't climbing or taking our usual route. I mentioned this to DH who thought I was being paranoid. With that the captain came on and said "purser to cockpit" and with that the purser ran one end of the plane to the other as we did a sharp turn. He then came on to tell us we had suffered a bird strike and whilst they couldn't see any damage they couldn't take risk so we had to go back. I've never had such a tense landing but all was good. They had to get the on call engineer out of bed but he can't have lived too far away as we were back in the air an hour later.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I’ve been to quite a few places around the world in my time but the worst flight I have had by far was a flight from Manchester to Edinburgh. Honestly I thought I was going to die. I could hear people behind me throwing up which makes me ill at the best of times.

The turbulence was horrendous and I have never been so glad to get off a plane in my life.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Flying from Toronto to Cleveland Ohio on a small commuter plane - about 50 seats, over Lake Erie in a thunderstorm.

The only reason I remained 'sane' was by listening to 2 men in the row behind me, talking about the affairs they'd had with various women at work ! I imagine most passengers were listening !

I vowed never to fly in one of those tiny planes ever again.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Our first choice plane tipped to the side when we touched down at Malaga airport years ago, I barely noticed as I was so into a story in chat magazine but every one else seemed a bit shocked by it

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Has to be during Storm Dennis this past February. We were flying home from Canada and had been watching reports all week. We really though flight would be cancelled as lots were, but it went ahead as planned. I am not normally up tight about that kind of thing however as we were preparing to take off, I heard 2 cabin crew discussing how worried they were about the flight and the amount of turbulence expected, One of them had never been on a flight with turbulence. I have to say I complained to the Cabin services director about it as I felt it was very unprofessional to be discussing that sort of thing where passengers could hear. I just did not have the confidence that these two would be able to look after passengers if there was bad turbulence.

The first 8 hours were fine, but the last hour was awful and we had to "go around" once at Heathrow. After the go around, the CSD came and asked me if was OK and said the captain would only have one further attempt at landing before going off somewhere else to land.