Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 May 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Facing October Reality

7 of us booked for October including 3 little ones. Our party includes an over 70 and 2 asthmatics, so after a long heart to heart discussion (socially distanced of course) we have decided that realistically we will not be going.

Have just reluctantly listed our 2 BLT and 2 BCV reservations with David's. Will not cancel our TUI flights though. I know we will not get a refund or be able to claim on insurance unless the plane doesn't actually fly, which is probably unlikely and it's so hard to think of losing such a large chunk of money, but there are people facing much worse problems in the world right now

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ask David’s to contact the owner to see if it’s possible to move the booking to next year

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Ah Mary I'm sorry you've lost your holiday. Wise decision though under the circumstances.

I want to cancel our August trip but am feeling a little stuck because of the flights, as we're going with friends also it's 2 lots of conditions etc. to consider. They say they'll be happy going still even if we're restricted but I'd rather they had the full experience. Thankful we don't have any medical conditions between us to consider.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

We are in the same position as you for the end of October into November. We have decided to just take the hit on the flights but hope they may allow us to change the date nearer the time.
Old 14 May 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Ah Mary I'm sorry you've lost your holiday. Wise decision though under the circumstances.

I want to cancel our August trip but am feeling a little stuck because of the flights, as we're going with friends also it's 2 lots of conditions etc. to consider. They say they'll be happy going still even if we're restricted but I'd rather they had the full experience. Thankful we don't have any medical conditions between us to consider.
Thank you Jo.

Such a difficult decision to make though isn't it Jo? I've buried my head in the sand a bit until now but I just asked myself would I feel safe travelling and potentially putting my family at risk for the sake of losing the £8k+ flight money? There can only be one answer sadly I suppose there is just a chance we will be able to reschedule the flights nearer the time. Will just have to wait and see.

Everyone's circumstances are different and I'm sure you will make the right decision for your own trip. Stay safe xx

marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
We are in the same position as you for the end of October into November. We have decided to just take the hit on the flights but hope they may allow us to change the date nearer the time.
This is my hope too

Old 14 May 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
Thank you Jo.

Such a difficult decision to make though isn't it Jo? I've buried my head in the sand a bit until now but I just asked myself would I feel safe travelling and potentially putting my family at risk for the sake of losing the £8k+ flight money? There can only be one answer sadly I suppose there is just a chance we will be able to reschedule the flights nearer the time. Will just have to wait and see.

Everyone's circumstances are different and I'm sure you will make the right decision for your own trip. Stay safe xx
Certainly is, you're right though, in the greater scheme of things, it's better to be out of pocket than risk anyone's health.

Fingers crossed you are able to reschedule.

If it was just us and we were able to go, we'd be happy just having a resort / beach holiday and keeping the flights if we can't get them refunded, but our friends are big Star Wars fans so we've been planning to take them out specifically for Galaxy's Edge, feels really unfair for them to spend all that money to not get the holiday they wanted.

Rescheduling isn't really an option for us, my DS finishes 6th form next year and has his own plans around his gap year, and their daughter is now engaged so different scenarios for both families will make taking open tickets difficult.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I’m so sorry you’ve had to cancel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Wow, that is sad and a lot of money. Feel for you.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
7 of us booked for October including 3 little ones. Our party includes an over 70 and 2 asthmatics, so after a long heart to heart discussion (socially distanced of course) we have decided that realistically we will not be going.

Have just reluctantly listed our 2 BLT and 2 BCV reservations with David's. Will not cancel our TUI flights though. I know we will not get a refund or be able to claim on insurance unless the plane doesn't actually fly, which is probably unlikely and it's so hard to think of losing such a large chunk of money, but there are people facing much worse problems in the world right now

Would you be able to get in touch with tui and change your booking to 2021, I know they are only showing online to change up to August for free but if they charge you a fee it would be better than loosing all your £8,000

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List