Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy1874
Earning My Ears

BA Refunds...

Has anyone had any luck getting through to BA to arrange a refund on a cancelled flight? Seems like it’s impossible, I’ve been trying for a few weeks now. While they’ve spun up a nice quick form for requesting a voucher if I am reading their site correctly if you want the refund it needs to be a call. The only issue with that is the number seems to constantly cut the call, though with little consistency as to how far you get before it cuts you off - assume this is due to their infrastructure not being able to support the call volumes...

Surely after all these weeks they’d have a better process for this now - perhaps release a form for the refunds as well, take the strain of their phone lines and staff but perhaps they haven’t done that’s as they don’t want to issue refunds - they want you taking the voucher!
Goofy1874 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Try - Freephone 0800 727 800 and don't press any options.

I had a cancellation on Friday. I was on hold for about 20 minutes. Refund went through Saturday night. Talked to a nice chap based in South Africa.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes we got a refund about a month, maybe longer ago. It was a rewards flights but the taxes were a cash refund.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
iang27
Getting Excited

Mobile

I got through within a minute or so. Asked for refund, in my bank within 2 days.
iang27 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

I’ve not had any trouble getting through, our April trip was cancelled and phoned to request refund the same day, received 2 days later. August flights cancelled Wednesday, I called Thursday and was refunded yesterday.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jerseyfirst
I want to go now!

Mobile

I had the same trouble with being cut off, but kept trying and eventually got through. This was yesterday, so hopefully funds will be back in my account soon (companion vouchers and avios were visible straight away).
Keep trying!
Jerseyfirst is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goofy1874 View Post
Has anyone had any luck getting through to BA to arrange a refund on a cancelled flight? Seems like it’s impossible, I’ve been trying for a few weeks now. While they’ve spun up a nice quick form for requesting a voucher if I am reading their site correctly if you want the refund it needs to be a call. The only issue with that is the number seems to constantly cut the call, though with little consistency as to how far you get before it cuts you off - assume this is due to their infrastructure not being able to support the call volumes...

Surely after all these weeks they’d have a better process for this now - perhaps release a form for the refunds as well, take the strain of their phone lines and staff but perhaps they haven’t done that’s as they don’t want to issue refunds - they want you taking the voucher!

As others have already posted please be patient and keep trying to give them a ring on 0800 727 800 and don't press any options - you will find that they don't even try to "persuade" you to have a voucher. BA had two of their call centres closed (S Africa and India) due to lockdown for a long period of time and their UK call centres have had some staff working from home ( Newcastle and Manchester were affected).

Compared to the problems that Virgin customers have been having getting refunds BA seem to be coming out of this very well as the refund thread shows. You must have been very unlucky if you have been trying for a few weeks and been unable to get through. Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Edited at 05:02 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy1874
Earning My Ears

Wow - this thread worked a treat - tried again after the above posts, used the 0800 number (had been using the 0203 number) and followed the tip above, pressed nothing and waited - was through to someone in about 10mins and refund all sorted - from what seemed impossible was today so easy!

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated - BA must have known I’d posted haha!
Goofy1874 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So pleased it worked - you can always count on all of our DIBB members to help
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Mine was sorted within 10 mins and refund received within 4-5 days
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List