Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Dealing with dirty looks, a rant

... let me explain.

22 weeks pregnant and I have had sickness all the way through, it’s mostly controlled now but I have the occasional bad day where the nearest bush or tree stump will have to do for sicky moments. I get it, it’s disgusting, but sometimes it can’t be helped!

In the age of Covid the amount of dirty looks, and muttered under breath comments I am getting is starting to get me down as much as the actual sickness. I hate to think how people with long term illnesses and disabilities are being treated.

Have we become so paranoid and afraid that no one is allowed to be outside if they aren’t feeling 100% perfect?!

Anyway rant over!

Edited to say - I probably should have said I always have plastic bags on me and tissues but it does sometime come on without warning and I haven’t yet had chance to get to one! Apologies for making it seem like I’m a total savage! I always clean up after myself!

Edited at 10:56 AM. Reason: To add further clarification
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Well I can see why people aren’t pleased by it .. it’s not the nicest thing even without covid .

Couldn’t you carry a plastic bag or something for when you felt sick ? You can’t help it but you can at least contain it then surely ?
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by R L A View Post
... let me explain.

22 weeks pregnant and I have had sickness all the way through, it’s mostly controlled now but I have the occasional bad day where the nearest bush or tree stump will have to do for sicky moments. I get it, it’s disgusting, but sometimes it can’t be helped!

In the age of Covid the amount of dirty looks, and muttered under breath comments I am getting is starting to get me down as much as the actual sickness. I hate to think how people with long term illnesses and disabilities are being treated.

Have we become so paranoid and afraid that no one is allowed to be outside if they aren’t feeling 100% perfect?!

Anyway rant over!

Try and see it as the problem is there’s and not yours .

On a different level I am asthmatic. For some reason (I guess the huge increases i traffic over last week or so) my asthma as been really bad and often can be seen coughing and spluttering when out - I occasionally get looks and comments but honestly if I catch my breath they get torn a new one and I am left feeling better for “educating” the simple minded ones that have mother better to do than stick their unwelcome nose into other business. Rise above it and tell them to go and take a hike (or words to that effect ! My usual RP accent can get very cockney when needs be and has an immediate effect lol)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I really do sympathise as had horrible morning sickness with both of my kids, but, body fluids just shouldn't be left outside, I'd carry a bag, take it home and dispose of it, regardless of covid.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

I agree it’s unpleasant, but yes I do, I always have a roll of poo bags and a bunch of tissues on me, (we have a dog) but sometimes it comes on without warning That the first part I haven’t been able to get the bag open or even out of my pocket! For the record I also always do my best to clean it up too just as I would any dog mess.

But while it’s happening there’s little I can do to control it!
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

If you know there is a strong chance of you being sick why are you not prepared for it by having sick bags etc with you?

edited: sorry just seen your last comment
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Bless your heart what a nightmare for you. I managed to have 3 pregnancies with no sickness, if I had suffered like you I think my eldest may have been an only child! X
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Bless your heart what a nightmare for you. I managed to have 3 pregnancies with no sickness, if I had suffered like you I think my eldest may have been an only child! X
Thanks!
People are already saying about me having another - not on your nelly based on this!

My workplace has had a baby boom in the last two years and it’s quite amazing how every woman is different, I know lots that have had pain, bleeding, back problems, or serious complications, etc, I feel fortunate that I haven’t had any of that.
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by R L A View Post
... let me explain.

Anyway rant over!

Edited to say - I probably should have said I always have plastic bags on me and tissues but it does sometime come on without warning and I haven’t yet had chance to get to one! Apologies for making it seem like I’m a total savage! I always clean up after myself!
Bless your heart,
Firstly may I say HUGE Congratulations on being 22 weeks pregnant.
Next well done for cleaning up after your incidents - it's awkward to do with a bump,
I had the most awful sickness with all 3 of mine and remember having a few incidents like yours; and the cleaning up often produced another bout
Anyway, take care of yourself and maybe try to carry some ginger biscuits in your pocket, I found that sucking them slowly actually helped me.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

I really sympathise with you as my friend has just gone through a pregnancy where she was sick until the baby was born, it’s not nice.Whist I sympathise, I also have a fear of Vomit.It can make me feel queasy for days after, I could possibly be one of those people with “the looks” as it would instantly make me feel ill too.
Have you thought about using a bag and tissue lined small bucket or plastic bowl instead of fumbling around for a bag when the moment strikes?
If carried around in a canvas tote, it would be easy to get to in an emergency.
I really hope the sickness disappears for you soon
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List