Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Is there a problem with dishwasher supply?

Our slimline dishwasher died a couple of weeks ago (ruining the kitchen floor in the process! )

Now the floorboards are dried out we can't find anyone with a mid-priced (£250 ish) slimline dishwasher in stock. (We even got as far as placing an order with Curry's for our order to be cancelled before we input card details.)

Does anyone know if there a supply problem or is it just coincidence we can't get hold of one?
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

There is a shortage across the board of appliances. I’m trying to source a whole kitchens worth and having problems even expensive brands seem to be out of stock. Not sure if it’s COVid related with factories being closed and transport reduced or Brexit related! Good luck x
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Thanks - good job I bought some Marigolds!
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tmwalsh
Apprentice Imagineer

Every dishwasher on ao.com under £250 is available for delivery from the 24th.
tmwalsh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Its not just dishwashers, i have a six week wait for a new mattress apparently its not just shortage of supply due to covid, lots of home improvement has been going on during lockdown/furlough leading to a lot of manufacturors actually not being able to make the stuff quick enough

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We used Marks Electrical at the start of lockdown and they were brilliant delivered two hours to us from Leicester and they have slimline dishwashers in stock .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

With so many people doing all sorts of diy jobs painting etc all electrical supplies are in short supply. A lot of this is down to Covid In the countries these are manufactured. A pal in the carpet trade says they also are struggling for supplies. My partner went to get a new TV for her parents and had to order for delivery 4/5 weeks, our local company said they will have most of their order pre sold.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Thanks all for the info,

Originally Posted by tmwalsh View Post
Every dishwasher on ao.com under £250 is available for delivery from the 24th.
We tried AO earlier in the week but the slimline ones were scarce - we'll have another look this evening in case things have changed.

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
We used Marks Electrical at the start of lockdown and they were brilliant delivered two hours to us from Leicester and they have slimline dishwashers in stock .
Maybe it's because we're in Surrey?

To be honest I'd pay more if I could get what I want. Looked at a Bosch for £399 but decided we'd only use one program and I really don't want internet connectivity even if I did have a smart phone (which I don't.)
Old 22 Oct 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Ah bum. We need a washing machine, tumble dryer , fridge freezer and dishwasher for our new house but I can’t order anything until we get a completion date . Didn’t even think there would be an issue
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

We’ve just purchased a new freezer but to be honest the silver ones’ they were as rare as hens teeth unless we went super expensive. Finally managed to get one this week. Couldn’t believe it.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List