Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Oct 16, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

"A Tale of Two Cities" DC/Florida September 2016 - Day 12 (Kitchen Sink, Outlets & Fogo de Chao)

Day 11 is here.

"A Tale of Two Cities" DC/Florida
Day 12 - Wednesday 14th September 2016

Today was another scheduled rest day. The only plan we had for sure was that Bernie, Tig & Kieren were desperate to try and conquer the Kitchen Sink so we wanted to get there as early as possible to have a better chance of getting a walk up table (I hadn't been able to get a reservation since our ADR window opened )

We texted David & Thara who were also up for the plan so we walked over to Disney Springs Marketplace and when we got there we didn't realise they had changed all the buses to leave from the town centre bit instead. Before making our way over we quickly popped into World of Disney so Thara could pick up their gift card. Poor David had to take some work calls that morning, but it did provide another of my favourite pictures of the whole trip.

Bodyguard David keeping the plebs away

After that we struggled to find the bus stop but eventually we asked someone and found it. I understand why they've done it (increase foot traffic in the new bits and try to get some more revenue) but I wish the buses still ran from Marketplace! We had to rethink our plans to travel to other resorts over the next couple of days.

We had to wait AGES for a Beach/Yacht Club bus again. Bodyguard David was up to his usual tricks

Even whilst we were on the bus!

The kerfuffle with finding the bus stop and waiting ages put us behind schedule. We had wanted to get there for Beaches & Cream opening at 11:00 but we only pulled into the Beach Club at 11:30. Hilarity ensued when we couldn't find Beaches & Cream and we kept walking around in circles. Oh well, it meant we could get some pictures. It was a lovely day!

We finally found Beaches & Cream at about 12:00. We asked about a table and they didn't have anything for 6 people, the only thing they could offer was 4 seats at the counter. David was still on security detail (aka business call) and I knew the others all really wanted to try the Kitchen Sink so I offered to sit out. It was nice and sunny and I found a good spot to sit and soak up the atmosphere.

I would absolutely love to stay at the Beach Club at some point. It's so beautiful and the location is just amazing.

David finished his mammoth business call and we both went inside to see how the others were getting on.

They did it!

This was a smash hit with everyone – they absolutely loved it! Fighting talk from Kieren and Tig at the end saying they thought they could have a whole one by themselves...!

We all had slightly different things we wanted to do this afternoon so decided to split up and meet again later for some pool time. Kieren wanted to go to Typhoon Lagoon, Bernie & Tig went to the Florida Mall and I headed to the Premium Outlets with David & Thara.

David & I hadn't partaken in the Kitchen Sink so our first order of business was to get some food. This was a no brainer for me – Five Guys! It was SO good and I literally demolished it.

After that we (obviously) all did a bit of shopping.

David hates shopping (the last bit of mass shopping he did was when we were here in 2011!) so was on a mission to get the next 5 year's worth of clothes...

He succeeded with a bit of help from Thara and me and I'm sure he's glad he doesn't need to worry about it until 2021 now

Thara and I got absolute bargains at Fossil – I love my new watch and it was only $55

It was now almost 16:00 so we decided to head back to Saratoga Springs and hit the quiet pool. This was a great idea and a lovely way to relax at the end of the day. After a while the rest of the guys joined us and we heard all about everyone's day.

Dinner tonight was another one we had all been really looking forward to – Fogo de Chao. We all love a rodizio and as it was part of Orlando Magical Dining Month you could eat there for $33 each which is half the price it normally is. Yes please!

We got an uber there and even though we had a reservation, we had to wait about 15 minutes. Not to worry – caipirinhas and cheese bread for all! YUM!

Where did all the bread go...

When we got seated it was time to top up the caipirinhas and hit the salad buffet...

Then it was time for ALL THE MEAT!

Here come the meat sweats...

I can't describe how good this was. We all literally stuffed our faces as part of the deal you also get a dessert so we went for the key lime pie.

This is great value during Orlando Magical Dining Month and I would really recommend it to anyone who loves meat – you won't be disappointed!

We got an Uber back to Saratoga Springs and played some more Cards Against Humanity and then it was time for bed. I watched Friends for a bit (it was the episodes where they're in London )

Another great day!

Tomorrow we are off to Magic Kingdom

Step Count: 10,262

Day 13 is here.

Edited at 03:55 PM.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Great rest day with some shopping for good measure . Fogo de Chao looks so good!
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loving the look of fogo de chao.the kitchen sink looks huge 😮
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow that buffets looks great. Love the friends reference!
Old 21 Oct 16, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Great rest day with some shopping for good measure . Fogo de Chao looks so good!
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Loving the look of fogo de chao.the kitchen sink looks huge 😮
Originally Posted by Peachy pot View Post
Wow that buffets looks great. Love the friends reference!
Oh my God Fogo de Chao is SO good! Honestly, I would defo recommend to any meat lovers out there. Take me back now!
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List