Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 3 Sep 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

McDonald’s is so slow now!

Anyone else finding the change in how McDonald’s serves its customers is for the worse?

It used to be so quick but now people just seem to be waiting around for ages and the drive thru where we live regularly gets backed up onto the roundabout causing issues

I can’t see them doing away with technology now though and going back to how it was :/
Old 3 Sep 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

It seems to be the customers you can’t see. Loads of delivery drivers waiting on orders but one driver might be collecting/delivering for a family of four but now we only see one person waiting meaning it seems less busy visibly than it really is.

The technology has been around a while now but even so, they can never ever seem to get our customised order correct despite almost always coming to the car to question if - therefore causing a delay in questioning the customised order and a longer delay as we check each item and send the lot back for replacing.

Our closest large McDonalds had queues upto the roundabout on the main road a long time before the pandemic and any new technology.

My biggest annoyance is the one at a food court at our local shopping centre. They scream out your order number and go almost have a meltdown if you don’t collect it in under 0.005 seconds. Stress levels of everyone waiting around are always tense!

Edited at 10:19 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We avoid 2 shopping areas locally at the weekends due to this
One supermarket on the busy site is moving because customers can’t get in 40 mins last week to even get into the retail site and unfortunately you can’t turn round to get out the que as it’s a busy busy main road and a one way in when you seem to hit the que our DIL was stuck in it and DH parked our car a good 20 min walk away and rescued her with a Starbucks and liberated the grandkids
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We avoid 2 shopping areas locally at the weekends due to this
One supermarket on the busy site is moving because customers can’t get in 40 mins last week to even get into the retail site and unfortunately you can’t turn round to get out the que as it’s a busy busy main road and a one way in when you seem to hit the que our DIL was stuck in it and DH parked our car a good 20 min walk away and rescued her with a Starbucks and liberated the grandkids

Yeah ours is near a very busy roundabout and the queues can get quite dangerous
Old 5 Sep 21, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Yeah ours is near a very busy roundabout and the queues can get quite dangerous
I kept complaining about the queue so now when busy they make the customers queue in the car park and snake it round.

Is it slower because its busier or because of a larger menu
Old 3 Sep 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

It's definitely not fast food anymore! We've started ordering on the app and going in to collect (I don't like the drive thru as I worry that I'll kerb the alloys) and it always takes ages. They seem to be overrun with uber eats and deliveroo drivers collecting.
Old 3 Sep 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It seems to be the popularity of delivery that’s causing the issue by us
Personally we only suffer sit in with the grandkids as as a treat and even then heck knows how long it’s been sat there never mind drive thru or delivery
It’s not just MCDs
We went out last Sunday with DH brother and family the live in a tiny village with a great gastro pub restaurant we’d booked for midday the whole small restaurant
They were so busy with pick up and delivery we got 50% off the bill as service was so slow we weren’t bothered as it was just us all and everything was cooked fresh to order
But we would have been peed if it hadn’t just been us especially as we had 8 under 5 with us and 2 80 + great Gd parents etc
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
McDonald’s have taken on a lot of new staff over the last few months. They will have a lot of new trainees and won’t be working quite up to speed just yet. My daughter is only 16, ready to start sixth form and has been working for them for about 3 weeks. She is liking the job so far but has been shocked at just how rude some customers are !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
McDonald’s have taken on a lot of new staff over the last few months. They will have a lot of new trainees and won’t be working quite up to speed just yet. My daughter is only 16, ready to start sixth form and has been working for them for about 3 weeks. She is liking the job so far but has been shocked at just how rude some customers are !
I worked there for seven months whilst at uni and it was the worst seven months of my life. I wish I’d walked away sooner, but I didn’t.

The customers were so horrible, one woman made a false complaint to my manager, claiming I was too busy chatting to my “mate” to serve her… I hadn’t chatted to anyone and I was polite to her, luckily the manager saw through the lies.

I also had a man throw a cheeseburger in my face because his chips were cold, I had a man tell me that I’d ruined his day on his last visit… I had a woman screaming and swearing at me because she wanted her burger now…

I had a snobby looking woman turn up her nose and speak to me like dirt because her table had a previous customer’s mess on it (that I hadn’t had chance to clean).

Honestly I could go on, I was made to feel like dirt on a shoe that someone had trodden in or a bad smell. To top it off my main manager was a cow and when she pushed me in the back, that was the final straw and I left!

Well done to your daughter for sticking it out, but hopefully if it gets too much she can find something else!
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I detest McDaonalds but that’s a separate matter.

Funny story about their customer service.

My Son had a coupon for 2 free cheeseburgers but he doesn’t like them. So he asked could he have 2 hamburgers instead.
The answer was a resounding no!

So he asked for 2 cheeseburgers with no cheese and they agreed to that.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List