Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Mar 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Does this help you? The link goes to Budget . They are part of Avis and as such, Budget my preferred option in any case.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
are they in the terminal opposite the airport. im struggling to remember what the options are available on the ground floor
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kingstefan21 View Post
are they in the terminal opposite the airport. im struggling to remember what the options are available on the ground floor
Yes. Avis and Budget are together, as I remember.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Prices through Hertz group (inc Dollar & Thrifty) are also missing. The web guys are on with trying to resolve the issue.. Still have access to them through my offline system if you need a quote.
Thanks Andy, I've already booked Thrifty Sapphire through you for August, just wondered whether there was an issue with them.
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kingstefan21 View Post
So im not the only one panicking about car hire prices - sent Andy a message - the website is throwing crazy numbers iv never seen it as bad for such a sustained period of time.

If anyone has any other advice shout
Have you tried Virgin, as I mentioned yesterday?
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Perhaps people should be looking at Travel Supermarket as in my above post. Those prices look about par for the course to me.

Old 6 Mar 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Perhaps people should be looking at Travel Supermarket as in my above post. Those prices look about par for the course to me.
Aren’t those sites (easirent, discover cars etc) the ones with dodgy insurance and everyone avoids them?
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

They are indeed softy and some are not onsite at the airport.

Stick with the big names if you can and espech alamo for the toll pass and skip the queue.

Virgin best on price just now but it’s still higher than we’ve paid previously for 3 weeks starting late august.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Can’t see anything wrong with them at all...

And yes, they are at the airport as it is simply a conduit to Budget Car Hire. Budget are a big company, being part of Avis.

Insurance? It’s Budget/Avis with CDW etc.

Virgin Car Hire.. read their standard car insurance policy and weep. Or their record on refunds in the current times.

Safest of all? DFCH rarely other than a 5 star on trust pilot or anywhere else. To me, Andy is the clear best option provided he is on the money. I guess that you would non the less call him small and stick to the big boys?

Alamo toll pass is a service (good) that you pay for by debit, just like the offerings of pretty much every other company.. including Avis/Budget.

Edited at 09:50 PM.