Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Sep 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
wreckitralph15
Getting Excited

Advice on Hertz toll fees from Miami

Looking at car hire for next July. Seen an ok(ish) price with Hertz if we collect from outside the airport. We are flying into Miami.

Can anyone shine a bit of light on the toll price and the best way to secure the "best price".

Is the visitor toll pass only available from Orlando?

We will rack up a few toll charges driving up to Orlando from Miami.

Any advice would be great.
wreckitralph15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wreckitralph15 View Post
Is the visitor toll pass only available from Orlando?
Yeah, MCO only I'm afraid.

Hertz call their auto toll system PlatePass

How much does PlatePass® cost?
You will be charged for each toll at the highest, undiscounted toll rate plus a $5.95 convenience fee for each calendar day when tolls are incurred. There is no maximum PlatePass® convenience fee.

Edited at 09:42 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can only partially help.

I don't know where you plan to pick up the car but if it's near H27 you can get to the WDW area toll free - dual carriageway all the way.

VTP is only available from MCO.

Sorry but I don't what you mean "securing the best price". This web site shows all the toll roads in Florida.

sunpass/en/about/whe...eSunPass.shtml

Open "traveller information" then "rental vehicles" will show exactly how Hertz will charge you tolls.

Mick

Edited at 09:45 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wreckitralph15
Getting Excited

Thanks Both.
wreckitralph15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Or buy a Sunpass Mini from CVS / Walgreens (they're on every street corner) for $4.99, top it up and register it to your vehicle and use that.

Didn't notice Hertz had increased their daily fee from $4.95 to $5.95. Are you going to let Sunpass know so they can update the website Mick?

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Or buy a Sunpass Mini from CVS / Walgreens (they're on every street corner) for $4.99, top it up and register it to your vehicle and use that.

Didn't notice Hertz had increased their daily fee from $4.95 to $5.95. Are you going to let Sunpass know so they can update the website Mick?
Andy

As we both know it's a complete waste of time trying to get Sunpass to update the rental car toll charges. Over a year out of date with Avis/Budget. I've had a bit more success on my VTP thread though generating a response from both their press & PR company and the VTP team themselves. They say collection from side B "early next year". Does that tell us something about international flights resuming?

In my many posts about tolls I've actually mentioned buying a mini transponder but the trouble is that you've maybe hit a toll leaving MCO before you can find a retailer. Guess grabbing the 27 from MIA would be easier to find a CVS et al.

Mick

Edited at 10:17 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List