Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Sep 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

The more you relax the easier it will be, for them and for you. I am such a prude and the embarrassment was my battle but they do this day in, day out so there was no need. Mine was many years ago.
My youngest is put under general but still needs the prep etc. Once the bowel prep starts to work you wont want to eat so try not to worry 💗
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had my first one last year, no sedation and it was fine - felt it a little as it was going round the "corners" but managed fine with entonox

Prep definately the worse part!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I used to be an endoscopy nurse but having had both upper and lower endoscopies, I would say the colonoscopy was the easiest to bear of the two.

I did change the advice I gave to patients though afterwards. I used to say drink the prep ice cold so you don't taste it, but when I did that myself, I got so cold and shivery, I had to go to bed to warm up. You can drink other fluids to have a break from the prep, even hot drinks, but all must be clear and light coloured - defo no ribena! Cordon off a loo in the house just for you and get your favourite food in for Friday night! Good luck. My friend is a nurse-endoscopist in Glasgow, but she doesn't work Fridays. The endoscopists, nurses and docs are all lovely (but I would say that!)
Old 8 Sep 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Hi best of luck I had this done the wost part is clearing the bowl as the stuff is tenable. You can asked for gas I did not yes it a little uncomfortable but fine. The 2 lady’s that did mine where talking to each other and me about football 😆 as one of the lady’s sons where have a tryout for a team 😆 there was a Indian gentleman who was giving gas ect asked if I needed any I said no and we where talking about his home city and other things just to take my mind off what they where doing. After when I got the report said copped well did not need gas.
Thanks for taking the time to reply 😉

My MIL has told me (on numerous occasions) that the prep is the worst bit, I thought in the beginning that she was just enjoying winding me up but now I realise it's just the truth 😳😂

I think I'll go for the gas instead of the sedation, I like to think il tougher than I look! 😂 😂

Thanks again 🙏

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It took 4 weeks to get my Dad’s results back. Hope it goes well
Thanks so much, hope you're dad is keeping well 🙏

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
I'm pro now haha I have 2 a year for the last 10 years.

Follow the instructions, as if done wrong you will have to redo.

Drink the prep ice cold as its easier.

Drink plenty of water, as you can get a little dehydrated.

Be near a toilet! You will pass alot of water through your bowel.

Take the sedation if offered, it will be easier honestly.

And relax! They will look after you 🙂
See this is why I don't like being a wimp about it, you get 2 a year and deal with it... I'm sitting here stressing like a 5 year old 🤯

I'm lucky enough to have an en-suite so I've told hubby it's off limits till I get it cleaned properly on Saturday after Thursday and Fridays shenanigans 🙈😂

Thanks so much for your advice 😘

Old 8 Sep 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
The more you relax the easier it will be, for them and for you. I am such a prude and the embarrassment was my battle but they do this day in, day out so there was no need. Mine was many years ago.
My youngest is put under general but still needs the prep etc. Once the bowel prep starts to work you wont want to eat so try not to worry 💗
I'm feel like I'm not a prude but the idea of a pipe up my bum and the air etc that will have to come out at some point 🙈🙈🙈🙈

I've just had a couple of boiled eggs today but now I don't really feel like eating anymore... The anxiety has got to me... I'll make up for it after its all over! 😂 😂

Old 8 Sep 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
I had my first one last year, no sedation and it was fine - felt it a little as it was going round the "corners" but managed fine with entonox

Prep definately the worse part!
Thanks for replying, I hope I feel like you after it's all over! 🙏 🙏 🙏

Old 8 Sep 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DUNXandWILL View Post
See this is why I don't like being a wimp about it, you get 2 a year and deal with it... I'm sitting here stressing like a 5 year old 🤯

I'm lucky enough to have an en-suite so I've told hubby it's off limits till I get it cleaned properly on Saturday after Thursday and Fridays shenanigans 🙈😂

Thanks so much for your advice 😘
Oh my first I cried haha I was 18 and on my own. And I was really poorly and I had 6 medical students watching it 🤣. Now I'm in and out in 15 minutes. The prep is a necessary evil, but its not too bad. The prep is easier than it was!

I tend to eat a bit lighter before the prep, then there isn't much to get rid off 🤣. Its basically having a wee out of your bum 😂😂😂😂 tmi I know!
Old 8 Sep 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
I used to be an endoscopy nurse but having had both upper and lower endoscopies, I would say the colonoscopy was the easiest to bear of the two.

I did change the advice I gave to patients though afterwards. I used to say drink the prep ice cold so you don't taste it, but when I did that myself, I got so cold and shivery, I had to go to bed to warm up. You can drink other fluids to have a break from the prep, even hot drinks, but all must be clear and light coloured - defo no ribena! Cordon off a loo in the house just for you and get your favourite food in for Friday night! Good luck. My friend is a nurse-endoscopist in Glasgow, but she doesn't work Fridays. The endoscopists, nurses and docs are all lovely (but I would say that!)
God bless you 💜 thanks for cheering me up and saying that the colonoscopy is the easier of the 2 😳😂

I've had people tell me ice cold is easier to go down but my MIL told me to take it room temp and add lime cordial!?!

I think I'm going to go for the gas instead of sedation... I'm always very sick after sedation and my temperature falls through the floor... I'd rather avoid that! 😂

Thanks for replying and your advice 😘