Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Oct 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess1127
I have Ears

Change of airport.

We have just had a call from Kate at Charter travel to inform us our Virgin flight has changed airports.
We were due to fly on the 13th August from Glasgow international this has now changed to Edinburgh.
We now have to cancel airport lounge and hotel the night before and rearrange for Edinburgh. Just want to give people the heads up as hotel prices near Edinburgh are quite high possibly due to demand. On the plus side we got our flight reference number to book our seats.
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Hi!
If you can't get a decent price for airport hotels, have a wee look at Edinburgh park hotels, it's only about 10/15 min tram ride from the airport, and the trams start running from 6am!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess1127
I have Ears

Hi Jillzo,

Thanks for the tip, I will take a look. When looking on Holiday extra the airport ones were £250 plus… this was where I had booked our Glasgow hotel, it wasn’t no where near as much as the Edinburgh hotels
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Probably a non starter but I might consider trying to extract the difference in your costs from your travel agent, given it’s been months since virgin announced they were moving the Glasgow flights to Edinburgh and they have clearly dropped the ball on letting you know in a timely fashion.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Wow! That's pricey!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess1127
I have Ears

Thanks disneymike 😊 This probably explains whilst looking for airport transfers in Orlando, our flight wasn’t showing, I thought it was me and looking to early. Also we had been asking for flight references for a while and just got told they hadn’t been released yet.
Old 30 Oct 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

As I recall, Glasgow lost the virgin franchise to Edinburgh.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Your TA has taken quite some time to let you know about this. It was announced a while ago.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess1127
I have Ears

To be honest, I haven’t been taking much notice and not been on the Dibb much as we have had to rearrange this holiday twice not and not wanting to get excited incase it didn’t happen again next year. It’s only since we got the announcement about the boarders opening that I’m slowly beginning to get excited. You would of thought that when we emailed and asked for flight reference she could of mentioned it then 😡
Old 30 Oct 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Princess1127 View Post
Thanks disneymike 😊 This probably explains whilst looking for airport transfers in Orlando, our flight wasn’t showing, I thought it was me and looking to early. Also we had been asking for flight references for a while and just got told they hadn’t been released yet.
Flights for August 13th 2022 would have been released around 17/18 Sept 2021 - I think your travel agent was telling you porkies.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List