Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 4 Jun 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We're using our Ooni 16 , again , tonight 🤣
DH gets very territorial over it, not that it bothers me. Just feed me 🤣
He's the Italian and a chef, now.. dare I ask for sweetcorn on mine 🤣
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
We're using our Ooni 16 , again , tonight 🤣
DH gets very territorial over it, not that it bothers me. Just feed me 🤣
He's the Italian and a chef, now.. dare I ask for sweetcorn on mine 🤣
I dare you to ask for pineapple. Go on 😂
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Pizza paddle @ Lidl

lidl/p/bbq-essenti...-paddle/p43265
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks Steve
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I used my Ooni on Sunday and totally messed up my pizza! Mine was going in 2nd and the residual heat on the peel from the 1st pizza meant my base stuck and just the toppings ended up on the pizza stone, they promptly burnt

I've ordered a 2nd peel from Amazon, it's smaller than the Ooni one so I'll need to make sure I reduce the size of my dough balls.

Oh - both pineapple and sweetcorn belong on pizza! Although, I just make basic cheese and tomato or pepperoni on the Ooni as it doesn't need loads of toppings to make a tasty pizza.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
Pizza paddle @ Lidl

lidl/p/bbq-essenti...-paddle/p43265

Bought this peel and used it at the weekend, worked just as well as the £50 ooni peel!
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

got these delivered from amazon us yesterday

amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

£31.26 for 6x 16" pizza screens (£5.21 each). hopefully it will make things easier to cook in quick succession without having issues sticking to the peel, or ripping the dough when turning

also, this was announced recently. £700 is a bit much for me to even consider upgrading from my koda, but the glass door is a really nice addition!

uk.ooni/products/ooni-karu-16

Originally Posted by letty View Post
Bought this peel and used it at the weekend, worked just as well as the £50 ooni peel!
i got a lidl paddle a couple of years ago, and it's perfectly acceptable. it's been relegated to my indoor oven peel now

i have a 16" wooden ooni paddle, as i couldnt find a nice perforated metal one that was 16" for under £100

i also have a SUPERPEEL. its great for those who have issues launching, but i've not tried it in my koda, as i'm worried the extra heat might damage it. its perfect for transferring a pizza from the counter onto a pizza screen though! (its just not 16", which is a shame)

bakerybits/the-super-peel.html

Edited at 03:40 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
got these delivered from amazon us yesterday

amazon/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

£31.26 for 6x 16" pizza screens (£5.21 each). hopefully it will make things easier to cook in quick succession without having issues sticking to the peel, or ripping the dough when turning
Silly question incoming but what do you do with those Wayne?

Do you put the mesh tray directly onto the pizza stone? If so, can you let me know whether it affects the quality of the base please? It looks ideal but I'd be worried it would affect the crispiness of the base.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Silly question incoming but what do you do with those Wayne?

Do you put the mesh tray directly onto the pizza stone? If so, can you let me know whether it affects the quality of the base please? It looks ideal but I'd be worried it would affect the crispiness of the base.
thats exactly what they are for. makes turning nice and easy too.

i'll report back once i've done a cook using them. probably sometime next week, as im camping/bbqing this weekend...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A bit gutted that my pizza oven has been delayed by a month.Had wanted to take it away on holiday. Lakeland have rather craftily sent the accessories out already to try to avoid a cancellation
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List