Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Nov 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mighty Lion
Earning More Ears

I've just checked National and Enterprise. They are all saying the same thing. Seems like the whole of Enterprise Holdings Fleets/Companies are doing this now.

If this is the case and we have to purchase extra on arrival, then i'll be taking the Avis or Sixt reservation I have...

Just waiting to hear what Andy (DFCH) get back from his contacts...
Mighty Lion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mighty Lion View Post
I've just checked National and Enterprise. They are all saying the same thing. Seems like the whole of Enterprise Holdings Fleets/Companies are doing this now.

If this is the case and we have to purchase extra on arrival, then i'll be taking the Avis or Sixt reservation I have...

Just waiting to hear what Andy (DFCH) get back from his contacts...
For the first time I’m confused about hiring in the US with this. My booking includes it and doing a new booking includes it so will wait and see. Presumably this is like purchasing the excess waiver for European rentals is it?
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bobcat12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi all. I was just going to book via Alamo Brits and luckily saw this. Do we have an update yet? I am confused like others as I was always comfortable booking with Alamo as it included all insurances. So to be clear we need CDW which covers for damage to the hire car and we also need SLI which provides cover for claims brought by third parties. Is EP the same as SLI or something different altogether?
bobcat12 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bobcat12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

An update as I have been looking into this further including speaking to Alamo usa and Costco here. Alamo and enterprise will no longer include ep or sli from january 2021 and you will have to pay for it at the counter. Enterprise state it will be an eye watering $17.50 a day extra so I expect Alamo to be the same. It does not matter which 3rd party you hire through ie auto europe or costco as you will still end up getting the car from Alamo. In my case this would add around £200 to my hire cost so what options do we have? I think we must have it to avoid liability to a third party if in an accident which could run into big sums. Interestingly Alamo used to include $1 million ep for 'free' now it will be reduced to $300 000 and we have to pay extra. I guess the only viable option is to purchase from an insurance company online before you travel. Either way it means car hire is going to be more expensive. Other regulars on here have more experience than I do so I expect they will be adding onto this soon!
bobcat12 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bobcat12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Costco advised that Hertz will also be charging extra for SLI so it looks like the whole us car hire sector will be doing the same?
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Alamo through virgin Atlantic as still showing EP as included in the fully inclusive package and that’s a quote for September next year.

Edit Discount Florida Car hire (Andy) is also showing Inclusive cover for September with 1 mil SLI.

Edited at 06:44 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bobcat12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

So are costco and alamo brits but when you look at the detail behind the sli tab it states it wont be included after 1/1/2021. As I said I don't think it matters who you book through the fact is Alamo are not including it as standard anymore. Costco, virgin etc are just agents but it's the alamo terms and conditions that matter
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bobcat12 View Post
So are costco and alamo brits but when you look at the detail behind the sli tab it states it wont be included after 1/1/2021. As I said I don't think it matters who you book through the fact is Alamo are not including it as standard anymore. Costco, virgin etc are just agents but it's the alamo terms and conditions that matter
Sorry I’m not seeing that I’ve just done a quote on Alamo Brits and no where that I can see does it say it’s not included after jan

Also if I book and pay say virgin for a car hire and the contract says it includes EP/SLI then it should be included as that is what has been agreed at the time of payment and booking.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

I'm still awaiting a definitive 100% answer to this... I like to have it confirmed by multiple points of contacts from people much higher up in the chain before making an announcement.

The Alamo customer service reps who answer FB messages & emails get their answers from a script, which is, as we know from them constantly telling us we can't check in online wrong.

I chased my contact up at EHI in the UK this morning who has alluded to what I'm being told by my suppliers in that there is a difference between booking direct and booking through 3rd parties where the required insurances are included.

Soon as I get the same answer from various sources, I'll go ahead and post an update on here... But so far, so good.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bobcat12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That's good news Andy, hopefully!

Dotb you need to click on the prepay tab and proceed to make a booking. It says x3 insurances included or similar but when you click on the one for sli it states it wont be included after January 2020.

As Andy said hopefully this may be an error.