Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 Dec 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Hi Andy, how about if I booked through Alamo Brits? Guess it wouldn’t be included? So confusing
I'm honestly not sure on that one... its direct but also through 3rd party . I'd think EP will continue to be included with them also but think we'll need to wait until January to be 100% sure on that.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi Andy, how about if I booked through Alamo Brits? Guess it wouldn’t be included? So confusing
Have you asked Andy for a quote? We've used him 6 or 7 times in the last four years and he's always been competitive for us. Sadly two cancelled though.

And as far as I know he's the only broker who actual emails you to ask if you want to cancel during these uncertain times. Loads of Dibbers appear to have struggled to get money back from other companies.

Mick
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Hi Andy, thank you, yesterday happy for you to quote. I’m looking for a standard (the middle size) SUV from 14th September to 1st October. Price I have right now is $674.79 pay on arrival with Alamo. Would prefer Alamo or Avis if possible please. Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hi Andy, thank you, yesterday happy for you to quote. I’m looking for a standard (the middle size) SUV from 14th September to 1st October. Price I have right now is $674.79 pay on arrival with Alamo. Would prefer Alamo or Avis if possible please. Sharon
Sharon

I see your price is in dollars. Does that mean it's from a US based site? Please check that it includes insurance because American drivers automatically have insurance for hire cars already included in their normal driving insurance.

Andy will include all the insurance you need plus the option to pay later.

You can easily get a quote here

discountfloridacarhire/

Mick
Old 9 Dec 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Just to add to my support for Andy.

Unless it's a Covid year (two cancelled so far ) or a cancer year (four cancelled ) we're lucky to go twice a year and since our most recent cancer visitor we stay for four weeks each time. Our car hire costs are therefore in excess of Ł700 each trip. We have used other brokers including Alamo Brits but have always found Andy to be there or thereabouts.

Two other reasons. How many UK car brokers will come on to a thread like this and take the time to help with questions about his competitors? Only Andy I believe.

How many car hire brokers have emailed their customers this year asking if they want to cancel and, if so, have had their money back in days? Only Andy I believe.

Even if Andy was a few Ł dearer I'd gladly pay for his customer service.

We've always chosen Alamo with him as well basically for the ability to check in on line and go straight to the garage and pick our own car

Mick

Edited at 10:28 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sharon

I see your price is in dollars. Does that mean it's from a US based site? Please check that it includes insurance because American drivers automatically have insurance for hire cars already included in their normal driving insurance.

Andy will include all the insurance you need plus the option to pay later.

You can easily get a quote here

discountfloridacarhire/

Mick
Hi Mick,

No it was via Brits guide but confirmation comes through in dollars.

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Just to add to my support for Andy.

Unless it's a Covid year (two cancelled so far ) or a cancer year (four cancelled ) we're lucky to go twice a year and since our most recent cancer visitor we stay for four weeks each time. Our car hire costs are therefore in excess of Ł700 each trip. We have used other brokers including Alamo Brits but have always found Andy to be there or thereabouts.

Two other reasons. How many UK car brokers will come on to a thread like this and take the time to help with questions about his competitors? Only Andy I believe.

How many car hire brokers have emailed their customers this year asking if they want to cancel and, if so, have had their money back in days? Only Andy I believe.

Even if Andy was a few Ł dearer I'd gladly pay for his customer service.

We've always chosen Alamo with him as well basically for the ability to check in on line and go straight to the garage and pick our own car

Mick
Hi Mick,

High praise indeed and duly noted. Quote online comes up a couple of hundred pounds more (price has increased by as much on Brits guide too now) might just need to sit tight and see what happens in the New Year.

Sharon

Old 9 Dec 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hi Mick,

High praise indeed and duly noted. Quote online comes up a couple of hundred pounds more (price has increased by as much on Brits guide too now) might just need to sit tight and see what happens in the New Year.

Sharon
Sharon

Just to say that Andy will allow you to cancel and rebook if the price goes down. Do it yourself through "manage my booking". Good luck anyway.

We just rolled our April 2020 booking over to Nov 2020 then on to April 2021. I hope we get to use it then

Mick
Old 9 Dec 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hi Mick,

No it was via Brits guide but confirmation comes through in dollars.

Sharon
Sharon

I guess that's because you elected to pay on arrival.

Mick
Old 9 Dec 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Yes that makes sense