Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Jan 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
toddy22
Getting Excited

Only used lyft on our trip because i got $10 dollars free ride when i downloaded and used lyft then got a link for others to use so my son downloaded app and got $5 for him and another $5 for me when he used first time.
We then both added the promo 4$ off 10 rides, so in total had $100 off 20 rides.
We used lyft from MCO to Disney Springs hotel used lyft to and from Disney parks for 2 days. (Galaxy Edge Mainly).
We then moved to international drive for 8 more days again using lyft to the parks (universal ) and shopping outlets, golf, shooting.
And again back to airport last day.
In total we spent £202.34 .
This was for 10 days in total and we both found the experience very good and so easy to use.
Before i went i looked at car hire ( i normally drive) this was £193 for 10 days plus the cost of parking at hotel and parks it would have come to £302.
Hope this helps Toddy
toddy22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by zoemoo View Post
We haven’t used Uber/Lyft in the UK or any place so this is all new to us.
Are they better regulated that they are in the UK? We often decide on using a cab instead as not sure we ‘trust’ Uber... is that just worry over nothing?
This was how I felt going back about three years. Bit the bullet after being told by our Vegas wedding day limo driver that Uber or Lyft was definitely the way to go.

We’ve since used Lyft in Vegas and orlando and have never had a bad experience (touch wood). Before your driver arrives you have a picture of him/her and the car, car reg etc. some drivers don’t talk much but we’ve also had some who have entertained us . Some lovely cars (much nicer than taxis) and really quick, convenient and much cheaper.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Is one better than the other.? Lyft seems to have more deals/offers am I right?
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes Lyft typically has more offers.

Many drivers are on both platforms so I tend to see which is giving the quickest journey and lowest cost at the time.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
My daughter and her boyfriend used Uber this time last year and thought it was excellent, all the drivers were interesting and friendly.
Worked out roughly the same price as car hire for the amount of trips they used it for but no need for a designated driver
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks a mil, have a car rented but wouldn’t mind a drink now and so often!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nicbev View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread but whereabouts/what level/terminal at mco do Uber/lyft pick you up from? Years ago we booked transportation and we ended up walking round mco airport for ages trying to work out where we had to go.
Many thanks
Same area as the taxis , one level from arrivals . It’s well signposted as “ride sharing pick up area”. It even has a handy bench to sit and wait so I always order it as I get out of the lift as I’m very good at losing my bearings in airports. (Thewifi gets much weaker once you step outside so I do it after the lift and before going through to door out)

Edited at 11:32 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafamily
Imagineer

Another one jumping in if that's ok, do these companies only have cars or do they have minibuses too. Wondering if either could take 9 passengers? Thanks
Jan 2012 – Disney Port Orleans Riverside
Sep 2012 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Nov 2013 - Disney Port Orleans Riverside

Nov 2014 – Hotel Cheyenne, Disneyland Resort Paris
Feb 2016 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
floridafamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Following 😁😁
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Uber XL and Uber SUV are up to 6 passengers and Lyft XL is up to 5.

Don't believe either have a service up to 9.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List