Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Feb 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

Car Hire with DFCH for 2022 from Melbourne

Just booked for 14nts in may 2022 and found an excellent deal with Discount Florida Car Hire, Full Size SUV from Alamo for £719. Cheaper than everyone else I could find. I know some people manage to find 3 week Lamborghini hire with a personal chauffer for £150 with triple platinum insurance. but I have never been fortunate to find any deals other than full price alamo/hertz/sixt prices... ever, so I'm happy.
LeedsDisneyGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LeedsDisneyGeek View Post
Just booked for 14nts in may 2022 and found an excellent deal with Discount Florida Car Hire, Full Size SUV from Alamo for £719. Cheaper than everyone else I could find. I know some people manage to find 3 week Lamborghini hire with a personal chauffer for £150 with triple platinum insurance. but I have never been fortunate to find any deals other than full price alamo/hertz/sixt prices... ever, so I'm happy.
We are also flying May 2022 with Tui in to Orlando Melbourne.
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Bonny Scotland View Post
We are also flying May 2022 with Tui in to Orlando Melbourne.
Ooo nice, are you a little bit nervous/excited at the same time. I cant believe the price difference between Tui and Virgin!
LeedsDisneyGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Ooo nice, are you a little bit nervous/excited at the same time. I cant believe the price difference between Tui and Virgin!
yeah a bit, i just hope the drive isn't a nightmare. our car hire is also through Tui. hoping we made the right choice.
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bonny Scotland View Post
yeah a bit, i just hope the drive isn't a nightmare. our car hire is also through Tui. hoping we made the right choice.
Hopefully Tui included CDW with no excess and $1m SLI?

Mick
Old 19 Feb 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hopefully Tui included CDW with no excess and $1m SLI?

Mick
I believe Tui only offers as a minimum fully inclusive which includes:

Unlimited mileage
Third-party liability protection
Local road maps & information
Collision Damage Waiver
Liability cover ($1m)
Uninsured driver protection
State/local taxes & charges
Airport operating fee

Gold is the same as above with the addition of 3 extra drivers plus a tank of fuel.
Old 19 Feb 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
I believe Tui only offers as a minimum fully inclusive which includes:

Unlimited mileage
Third-party liability protection
Local road maps & information
Collision Damage Waiver
Liability cover ($1m)
Uninsured driver protection
State/local taxes & charges
Airport operating fee

Gold is the same as above with the addition of 3 extra drivers plus a tank of fuel.
Sounds like they've improved things thankfully. A couple of years ago they only offered the state minimum SLI of $25k in their basic price and charged a fortune to upgrade to $1m.

A lady on here had booked with them and they wanted about £400 to upgrade so she ditched them and booked with Andy for less than the premium. Sadly Virgin still only include the state minimum SLI unless you upgrade.

Mick
Old 19 Feb 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

Yeah I remember I think it was the Basic one, with the option of silver or gold to upgrade at a large cost, it bit me when I didn't know any better!. For what ever reason though you still cant select a full size SUV via TUI and every time I go to collect they never have anything left to upgrade to.
Old 19 Feb 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Yeah I remember I think it was the Basic one, with the option of silver or gold to upgrade at a large cost, it bit me when I didn't know any better!. For what ever reason though you still cant select a full size SUV via TUI and every time I go to collect they never have anything left to upgrade to.
I'm a big fan of Andy by the way and I must have recommended him a hundred times on here.

I've booked around 6 or 7 times with him over the past four years but sadly two last year were cancelled. Not sure yet about April.

Three reasons I recommend him. We usually hire twice a year for 4 weeks each (retired ) and he's always competitive. Secondly he's the only broker who comes on here to help people who haven't even booked with him. Finally his cancellation policy is the best as he actually emails his customers asking if they want to cancel and get their money back. Did you read last year of lots of Dibbers struggling to get their money back from xxxxxx?

Mick
Old 20 Feb 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

The Lamborghini was great, but you forgot to mention that I also got a free tank of fuel in that price!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List