Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

I would be shocked if anyone can go this year.

But who knows...

( I have my 5th rebook for October )
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
G82
Trying for More Ears

Prof Ferguson, from Imperial College London, and a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) told BBC Radio Four's Today programme: "We need to remain cautious, especially with the potential increase in contact rates again as the weather becomes less fine and schools return. We're not completely out of the woods, but the equation has fundamentally changed. The effect of vaccines is hugely reducing the risk of hospitalisations and death.

"And I'm positive that by late September or October time we will be looking back at most of the pandemic. We will have Covid with us, we will still have people dying from Covid, but we'll have put the bulk of the pandemic behind us."
G82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by G82 View Post
Prof Ferguson, from Imperial College London, and a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) told BBC Radio Four's Today programme: "We need to remain cautious, especially with the potential increase in contact rates again as the weather becomes less fine and schools return. We're not completely out of the woods, but the equation has fundamentally changed. The effect of vaccines is hugely reducing the risk of hospitalisations and death.

"And I'm positive that by late September or October time we will be looking back at most of the pandemic. We will have Covid with us, we will still have people dying from Covid, but we'll have put the bulk of the pandemic behind us."

Sounding good 🙏🌈
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rustybetts View Post
Let’s be honest who actually thinks we’ll make it over in October. We go mid October and I’m starting to think it’s not going to happen. 😏😏
I do, cases are going in the right direction. Even when cases were really high it didn’t reflect in the number of deaths. The vaccine is doing its job
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
I do, cases are going in the right direction. Even when cases were really high it didn’t reflect in the number of deaths. The vaccine is doing its job
For me I don’t believe it’s just about your numbers ... it’s ours both cases and fully Vaccinated people
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
But it’s not really about us, it’s about them and their case numbers.
If they’re at the point of their hospitals being overwhelmed then allowing in more people could push them over the edge.
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
But it’s not really about us, it’s about them and their case numbers.
If they’re at the point of their hospitals being overwhelmed then allowing in more people could push them over the edge.
Absolutely and certainly for us here in Florida we are on the way to that point.

Your schools closed for break at just the right time for your numbers, ours are going back, no mask mandates and a lot of kids in the 12-18 unvaccinated and those under 12 unable to be vaccinated
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Back to being a positive thread. So much can change with this virus. We thought our cases would be up to 100,000 by now. No one knows how this will pan out. So much can change in ten weeks. Fingers crossed we will be there in October

Edited at 02:26 PM.
mandevillepete is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChris
Proud to wear my Ears

Has anyone rebooking noticed a lack of availability at Disney hotels?

We still have our 3 week September/October Pop Century booking but we're costing up doing 2 weeks Canada/1 week Disney as a possible alternative. Whilst waiting for our travel agent to come back regarding costs, I figured I'd try and cost up myself and for 29 Sept - 6 Oct Disney is only showing 7 hotels as available. I knew it would be busy with the anniversary but I can't believe the cheapest available in Animal Kingdom Lodge, no budget or moderate rooms at all.
DisneyChris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyChris View Post
Has anyone rebooking noticed a lack of availability at Disney hotels?

We still have our 3 week September/October Pop Century booking but we're costing up doing 2 weeks Canada/1 week Disney as a possible alternative. Whilst waiting for our travel agent to come back regarding costs, I figured I'd try and cost up myself and for 29 Sept - 6 Oct Disney is only showing 7 hotels as available. I knew it would be busy with the anniversary but I can't believe the cheapest available in Animal Kingdom Lodge, no budget or moderate rooms at all.
Yes! I ended up booking a right mix of it resorts due to lack of availability