Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 May 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

FAMILIAR GROUND AT LAST! BUSCH GARDENS 04/05/2017.

The pressure was off! Everything from here on in was extremely familiar ground that we have covered many times before. Any shortcomings would be unlikely and in any event, clearly my fault.. although I know for a fact that Ann and Gary would never call me to task for it.. It was time to show Ann, Gary & George what Central Florida theme parking was all about!

After a bog standard Comfort suites Breakfast, ( Whilst Gary insists on Breakfast.. In the Army, it was generally a bonus.), it was a short drive to the park, a trolley to the entrance and away... We all know the drill.

Mandie does not like or do Coasters. Since an experience on Nemesis in around 2002, she has never again stepped on one. She was concerned that Ann clearly intended riding everything with George. Gary, meantime seemed unusually evasive on the subject! It was only fair that Ann should be made aware of Mandie's firmly and fairly held position.

Mandie, Ann, Matt and George started with the Giraffe Feed Safari, always best at early doors and very highly recommended to anybody who has never done it.

And then it was on to the rides, (minus Mandie) for Sheikra, Kumba, Montu etc, Whilst Ann, Dan, Matt, George and I would do them multiple times, Gary was clearly only going for one on each. We were getting through things really well.. then Gary declared that he needed lunch.. because he always has lunch. Ann seemed somewhat less than impressed, stating that she had come to ride.. but 'Lunch' it was... Chilli Cheese and chips for all. I have never rated Park food and generally avoid it, taking in a picnic when possible and then 'pigging out' in the evening... but this looked like Diarrhea on Chips with some molten radioactive vomit on top. To be honest, it tasted no better than described. I slid mine off the table and some onto a post, where a Squirrel bounded over, took a sniff, looked at me in disgust and then ran off. Gary was the only one who managed to eat it and I strongly suspect that it was only pride that kept him going... marvellous entertainment for the rest of us, though!

Chilli chips anybody?

The discerning Squirrel says no!

Gary plays drums on a fibreglass Hippo, making it echo...

Mandie confided that she would try Cheetah Chase, probably after Gwazi, the very last ride that I would suggest to a person wary of Coasters. Her reasoning was that she hates the 'cranking up the slope' of conventional Coasters whereas Cheetah Chase uses a magnetic catapult. She did it, she didn't like it, but was clearly happy to have braved it.. and me? I was very proud of her.

Mandie, after the ride.

Matt plays pilots, regrettably Gary would not join him, adding that it was not a simulator that he recognised.

I try a new hat.

Then it was on to our Villa in Davenport. We had selected our Villa many, many months before through Holidaylettings.co.uk, 4 bedrooms, 2 with en-suites etc etc..and just 5 weeks before vacation, received notice that the Villa was sold and my booking cancelled. A disaster. Holidaylettings were brilliant and flooded us with suitable replacements in the days that followed. We were thus in what was very much a last minute booking, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with only 1 en-suite, 4 of us and 3 of our friends with the rental split right down the middle.

The villa was lovely and the master bedroom much bigger as well as grander than bedrooms, 2,3&4. My reasoning was that as our friends had paid a half, rather than 3/7ths of the rental and also because we were to all effects the hosts, they should have that master bedroom. Mandie disagreed, stating that as we did the planning, research and buying in, then we should have had it. We must agree to differ on this one, even 4 years later. I welcome the viewpoints of any other DIBBERS!

Anyway, it was a marvellous, spacious villa with a good pool and we loved it, other than that there were damaged blinds in the master bedroom, which Ann reported to me. Mandie only comment was that as it was their bedroom, they could make the call to the maintenance agency responsible.

All that remained was a trip to Walmart for Gin... Wine... Orange Juice... oh, and some food because Gary cannot move before breakfast.

Edited at 10:59 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Really enjoying this and looking forward to the next instalment
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rossalino View Post
Really enjoying this and looking forward to the next instalment
Tomorrow is Discovery Cove!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Tomorrow is Discovery Cove!
Looking forward to it!

What we all need to know, is did Gary need breakfast before you left the villa or was he placated with the promise of all you can eat all day dining?

Will stay tuned to find out!
Old 2 May 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
Looking forward to it!

What we all need to know, is did Gary need breakfast before you left the villa or was he placated with the promise of all you can eat all day dining?

Will stay tuned to find out!
All will be revealed!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
Old 2 May 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

I’m with mandie I’d have taken whichever bedrooms I wanted for my family when I’d done all the donkey work and they had just turned up 😂
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

I'm also with Mandie re the bedroom. You did all if the work, there should be some rewards!
Really looking forward to the next installment.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hmm I would have taken the best bedroom as the planner, but then I think I would have split the bill proportionate to each group - otherwise I would continue to feel guilty and would probably have given them the bedroom.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Hmm I would have taken the best bedroom as the planner, but then I think I would have split the bill proportionate to each group - otherwise I would continue to feel guilty and would probably have given them the bedroom.
You clearly have a career in Politics!

Mandie’s contrary position is that they should pay half as they had two bedrooms, just like us!

Then again, perhaps George should have used their en-suite rather than share our bathroom as we had paid 50% and should expect sole ownership of a whole bathroom?

Edited at 09:30 AM.
Old 3 May 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

First I have seen of the report although I did have the verbal version from Mandie on one of my visits to the office. Hope all is well with you four. Brian
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List