Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

I am loving reading all these posts. It’s brilliant to know you have got out there and we can all share it with you through your updates..
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pauleuk
Earning More Ears

We have got to Barbados and checked into the hotel. The airport was painless, although much repetition of showing the same covid forms and vaccine certs. Nobody was using bimsafe at all but the data I filled in seemed to be on a woman's iPad who asked me questions!

We had our covid tests at the hotel here so whisked straight through the testing at the airport. Boy the covid tests are savage though compared to the UK ones... I didn't know you could get a stick that far up my nose! Also didn't help he dropped my swap on the floor so I had it twice!

Anyway finally in the room now and making a coffee!
HKD/TDL/SDR - 2019
Pauleuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Miles
Proud to wear my Ears

We have just returned to the UK from USA. Had an amazing trip, starting off with 15 days in Mexico, before flying to Miami and driving to Orlando for 12 days. Then flying home from Miami.

Mexico was amazing, the resort was sanitising everything (suitcases, hands, all surfaces) and making you wear masks indoors and having temperature checks.
Was able to watch baby turtles being released back to the sea and enjoyed fantastic weather.

Used the Verifly app to upload vaccine status and test results, meaning the checking in for all flights was a breeze.

Just wish everyone luck with their work arounds.
Hotel New York DLP 2005 Disneyland Hotel DLP 2006/ 2007 / 2009 Sheraton Vistana Resort Lake Buena Vista Feb 2008 Villa Windsor Palms Feb 2009 Villa Indian Creek Nov 2011 Villa Windsor Hills Dec 2013 Villa Cocoa Beach Dec 2015 Villa Reunion Aug 2017 Villa Windsor Hills Aug 2018 Hard Rock Hotel Aug 2019 Reunion Resort Aug 2021
Miles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Pauleuk View Post
We have got to Barbados and checked into the hotel. The airport was painless, although much repetition of showing the same covid forms and vaccine certs. Nobody was using bimsafe at all but the data I filled in seemed to be on a woman's iPad who asked me questions!

We had our covid tests at the hotel here so whisked straight through the testing at the airport. Boy the covid tests are savage though compared to the UK ones... I didn't know you could get a stick that far up my nose! Also didn't help he dropped my swap on the floor so I had it twice!

Anyway finally in the room now and making a coffee!
I did wonder if they could see some of the information on the app when we arrived, obviously couldn't be certain.

Good to hear you arrived safely, yep I agree that they're savage with the testing. My 12 year old Grandson who has Autism has had many tests for school and it no longer phases him, however, he cried and I thought he was going to hit the woman Luckily someone came over and told her to stop and to just do his throat instead. When it came to my 11 year old Grandaughter I think she was more gentle as I'm sure she was scared of me

Enjoy the heat - it's blooming freezing here.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

We're just waiting to board in about 50 minutes from Miami to Heathrow.

I found Verifly clunky, so just decided to print everything... vaccine status, covid tests, passenger locator forms.

BA were happy with it all thankfully.

So our free antigen testing pdfs satisfied them... got to admit I was a little concerned.

So if you want to save a considerable sum, find a local CDR Maguire Health testing centre to get free testing.

They asked if we wanted a free covid vaccine when we were there 🙂 So they must be paid by the state government. They did antibody testing too.

Just spent the last of our cash on drinks, and gave the barman the rest.

It was quite emotional getting into the US after all the anxiety, and I feel sad to be leaving.

I'm.sitting by myself on the plane, so not overly happy with that, but our budget is at breaking point now, so went with the allocated seats. We've spent over £12k! But was it worth it, absolutely!

If we can do similar next year, we will... albeit without the theme parks, or a side trip to Memphis 🙂

Hoping our taxi man is there at Heathrow in morning 🙂 and that our Tesla still has charge when we get back to Gatwick! Never left it this long before.

All the best.

Richard, Sharon & kids 🙂
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post

I found Verifly clunky, so just decided to print everything... vaccine status, covid tests, passenger locator forms.

So our free antigen testing pdfs satisfied them... got to admit I was a little concerned.

So if you want to save a considerable sum, find a local CDR Maguire Health testing centre to get free testing.

They asked if we wanted a free covid vaccine when we were there 🙂 So they must be paid by the state government. They did antibody testing too.

It was quite emotional getting into the US after all the anxiety, and I feel sad to be leaving.

I'm.sitting by myself on the plane, so not overly happy with that, but our budget is at breaking point now, so went with the allocated seats. We've spent over £12k! But was it worth it, absolutely!

If we can do similar next year, we will... albeit without the theme parks, or a side trip to Memphis 🙂

Hoping our taxi man is there at Heathrow in morning 🙂 and that our Tesla still has charge when we get back to Gatwick! Never left it this long before.

All the best.

Richard, Sharon & kids 🙂
Safe home, and thanks for all the info
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

All the best.

Richard, Sharon & kids 🙂
Have a safe journey home Richard, its been really fun following along with you, Sharon and the children on your
"awfully big adventure"!
I hope by next year we can all enjoy trips to the USA without having to circumnavigate the globe first!
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

All the best.

Richard, Sharon & kids 🙂
Thank you for all your posts and taking us on your trip with you , safe journey 💗💗💗
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Pauleuk
Earning More Ears

Safe trip back
HKD/TDL/SDR - 2019
Pauleuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7

All the best.

Richard, Sharon & kids 🙂
Have a safe flight home and thanks for all the posts and info.
Been a great boost!

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List