Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jul 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Billoo
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
What proof did you show? Am guessing the Air Serbia are responsible for bringing you back if US don't allow you through immigration.
It was only the airline that wanted proof prior to letting you on the plane. They even asked me again at the gate just before boarding. Thankfully, we had a stamp so this was a quick and easy process.

Oddly, once in New York, I was simply asked where I had arrived from and if I was carrying any food items. There was no mention of the 14 day rule.

The last time, immigration simply said have a nice day and waved me through. I’m assuming they can see stuff on your passport so the proof not necessary for them but the airlines clearly wanted some reassurance.

To be honest, I didn’t think about who would bring me back. I just assumed I’d be held in a room and stuck on a flight back to somewhere. I’m still amazed that didn’t happen the first time round as I was sweating from nerves as worried I’d missed something and convinced myself there would be a problem but the process could not have been more straight forward.

If you driving across a border I would suggest contacting the airline to see what proof you might need. As I’ve said, this seemed to be more of an issue for them at check in, rather than immigration on arrival. It was the same with my negative test, I was asked to provide this at check in but was not asked for this on my arrival to the US.
Billoo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Billoo View Post
It was only the airline that wanted proof prior to letting you on the plane. They even asked me again at the gate just before boarding. Thankfully, we had a stamp so this was a quick and easy process.

Oddly, once in New York, I was simply asked where I had arrived from and if I was carrying any food items. There was no mention of the 14 day rule.

The last time, immigration simply said have a nice day and waved me through. I’m assuming they can see stuff on your passport so the proof not necessary for them but the airlines clearly wanted some reassurance.

To be honest, I didn’t think about who would bring me back. I just assumed I’d be held in a room and stuck on a flight back to somewhere. I’m still amazed that didn’t happen the first time round as I was sweating from nerves as worried I’d missed something and convinced myself there would be a problem but the process could not have been more straight forward.

If you driving across a border I would suggest contacting the airline to see what proof you might need. As I’ve said, this seemed to be more of an issue for them at check in, rather than immigration on arrival. It was the same with my negative test, I was asked to provide this at check in but was not asked for this on my arrival to the US.
All's well that ends well!

We looked at Belgrade - JFK, but Dubrovnik more family friendly for 15 nights
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Thanks Billoo! That’s a really helpful post, all good to know!
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Billoo View Post
Airlines are extra cautious because most governments hold them accountable if anyone is allowed to board a flight without the necessary documentation to enter their destination legally (e.g. whichever applies from valid passport, visa/ESTA, proof of onward/return flight, health requirements etc). That will now include any COVID-related requirements for the destination.

In addition to very often bearing the cost of returning the passenger to origin if the airline is responsible, they can be subject to substantial fines. This often accounts for stories that appear of people being denied boarding incorrectly, either the paperwork doesn’t match the system, or the agent gets it wrong and won’t back down.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

So how do I prove we've been outside the Schengen Zone for the requisite 14 days if we have no stamp in our passport?
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

This video on YouTube could be useful for those travellers looking to spend 14 days outside of the UK to get into the US.

That nasal swab looked gruesome I have to say, but it all worked out for him.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I am debating whether to do 15 nights somewhere and a week in Boston- we haven't got enough annual leave to do Boston next year and I don't want to waste this years leave again. Our issue is we are limited where we can go to get into the States as my husband has a South African passport. Looking at whether Barbados is feasible as that seems to have the most to do out of all the Caribbean islands. Would have chosen Mexico but have seen conflicting information as to whether he is allowed there without a visa

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
steery1
slightly serious Dibber

So...

No test for entry to Mexico from UK
Antigen for entry into USA from Mexico
Do you know whats needed from USA back to UK?
Or even skipping the USA part, from Mexico straight back to UK?
TIA
steery1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by steery1 View Post
So...

No test for entry to Mexico from UK
Antigen for entry into USA from Mexico
Do you know whats needed from USA back to UK?
Or even skipping the USA part, from Mexico straight back to UK?
TIA
No testing into Mexico from the UK.

Antigen into the US from Mexico for all of us, everyone over the age of two.

Antigen back into the UK from the US (10 and younger are exempt).

Having seen the video of the Mexican testing, I'm not overly happy about having it myself, but this will be really awful for our two kids (9 and 11).

We've done lateral flows on them before, but we never shoved it right up. Looks bloody painful.

But if you're not afraid of that, and you can risk a positive test in either Mexico or the US, then it's certainly possible.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
steery1
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
No testing into Mexico from the UK.

Antigen into the US from Mexico for all of us, everyone over the age of two.

Antigen back into the UK from the US (10 and younger are exempt).

Having seen the video of the Mexican testing, I'm not overly happy about having it myself, but this will be really awful for our two kids (9 and 11).

We've done lateral flows on them before, but we never shoved it right up. Looks bloody painful.

But if you're not afraid of that, and you can risk a positive test in either Mexico or the US, then it's certainly possible.
Thanks for that.
Is antigen same as PCR? Shoved right up your nose into the blood/brain barrier?

Also, are any tests needed if flying straight back to UK from Mexico? (Skipping the USA leg)
steery1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List