Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 9 Aug 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

pressure cooker or air fryer?

which would you choose and why?

It would only be used when family are up, joints of meat in winter and maybe some finger food in summer?
Including veg and anything else you dish up for a family day.

Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I use my slow cooker more than my air fryer. I love doing gammon and beef . I brown my joints of meat especially beef and throw it in with a couple of stock cubes and it’s so tender .
Tinks2014 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I have a Ninja Foodi - I use it multiple times per week (I rarely use my oven now!)

It's actually a pressure cooker and air fryer (and slow cooker, dehydrator) so would do you for all eventualities?

If you're anything like me, you will end up using it for pretty much everything!

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I love my slow cooker air fryer donated to Son and DIL just took up space for something I never used
I bought an instant pot and absolutely love it don’t often use the hob or oven now just a combination of slow cooker and instant pot
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
I have a Ninja Foodi - I use it multiple times per week (I rarely use my oven now!)

It's actually a pressure cooker and air fryer (and slow cooker, dehydrator) so would do you for all eventualities?

If you're anything like me, you will end up using it for pretty much everything!
OMGosh off to look.
Didn't even know I could combine lol. Have a slow cooker, which I do use about 5 times a year, doesn't sound a lot, but suits me fine for me to keep.
Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I have a Tower air fryer but wouldn’t have another one, I have to constantly open it to shake chips or turn them over with spatula, if I don’t then the top browns nicely but underneath it is a white soggy mess. I have gone back to cutting up chips and putting them on a tray, spray with fry light and putting them in the oven, much easier plus only one tray to wash up.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We have both. Got an instant pot which we absolutely LOVE! And same with the air fryer, the reason we have both is that the instant pot is frequently cooking something we want the chips to go with, hence getting the Ninja didn’t really make sense for us with trying to have a bit of concurrent activity going on 😂

Absolutely love making pulled bbq chicken in the Instant pot 😍
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
I have a Tower air fryer but wouldn’t have another one, I have to constantly open it to shake chips or turn them over with spatula, if I don’t then the top browns nicely but underneath it is a white soggy mess. I have gone back to cutting up chips and putting them on a tray, spray with fry light and putting them in the oven, much easier plus only one tray to wash up.
For chips / roasties etc I swear by my Acti Fry. I had one before I bought my Foodi and I was intending to get rid of it and just do chips in the Foodi, but they are not the same so I kept my Actifry. It stirs the chips so they all cook evenly It also means I can cook chips / roasties in the acti fry and the rest of the meal in the Ninja.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I have got the Ninja Foodi too. I don't know how I lived without one before now!
I can cook a delicious full chicken in less than half an hour. these days I just pressure cook it first then put on the air crisper to get it crips and brown. The meat is so juicy and tender and falls off the bone.
I use the slow cooker too if I am going out and want something hot ready for when we come in.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I have a Ninja foodie which cost a fortune, takes up lots of counter space and I never use except when I run out of room in the oven. I researched for ages before buying it, too but I just find other ways of cooking easier. My slow cooker I love and make lots of things in it.