Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 Aug 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Did they say why?
For me there was far too much CGI and far too much Emily Blunt lol - I really don’t get the hype around her
...They said it was really corny ,they said two teenagers walked out before them..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I’d have thought you would have to expect a jungle cruise film would be corny! I guess it you weren’t familiar with the Disney attraction you may not know.

We all loved it- liked the references to the ride- loved trader Sam and thought it was a nice mix of action and comedy. Agree with the comparisons to Indy and pirates.
Old 11 Aug 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
We saw it last night and really enjoyed it! I think I’m the only person who didn’t know Jack Whitehall is in it. I was surprised to see him but thought he played a good part. Loved that Trader Sam got a reference too!
i didnt know he was in it either

i really enjoyed it. a nice combination of cheese and action, and looked absolutely stunning on the xPlus cinema screen

i dont understand the people who didnt like it or walked out... what were you expecting?! its an action movie based on a 50 year old theme park ride with the rock!

i'll be watching it again at home at some point

plus emily blunt
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i didnt know he was in it either

i really enjoyed it. a nice combination of cheese and action, and looked absolutely stunning on the xPlus cinema screen

i dont understand the people who didnt like it or walked out... what were you expecting?! its an action movie based on a 50 year old theme park ride with the rock!

i'll be watching it again at home at some point

plus emily blunt
It looked a cracker in IMAX too!

Oh, and read your PM please
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
It looked a cracker in IMAX too!

Oh, and read your PM please
my issue with the "imax" in nottingham (apart from its relatively small size) is it has normal cinema style seating. i hated them before, but since corona, i only go to the cineworld if i absolutely have to, and when the showcase out of town is cheaper and has lazeeboys, its a no-brainer for me

PM - i have no idea what happened, i totally missed that one!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
...They said it was really corny ,they said two teenagers walked out before them..
Funny, I didn't like it beyond the first 10 minutes because it wasn't corny enough. But the only reason I go on the attraction is for the cheese factor.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I want to try a Dolby Cinema as being the current top viewing experience, but the furthest north they appear to have got is Trafford Centre Manchester...
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Just went to see this today, absolutely loved it - great fun, and I'm an absolute sucker for these types of adventures! But now I'm even more sad I'm not sure of my October trip 😢
Old 25 Aug 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We saw it last night and absolutely loved it. However two groups of people walked out! Really not sure what they were expecting! It was a typical cheesy adventure movie!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We've just watched the first hour at home. We've enjoyed our banter alongside what is so far a boring film. We will finish it tomorrow - probably. We are trying to work out if it will become so bad it's good?
caj is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List