Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Aug 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Didn’t even realise this was a thing until just now, only just got back to thinking about a Florida trip because of COVID.

This is awful….despite usually staying at the deluxe, the idea that you can’t get some form of EMH staying in a value or mod sucks. On top of the paid LL for the biggest attractions, smacks yet again of Disney devaluing those who haven’t got - or simply don’t want to - spend a huge amount to experience their parks.

I remember riding BTM at MK at 1am back in the day, as a family our best Disney memories were riding attractions in the dark….singing going up seven dwarves mine train after midnight…..just brilliant. The fact they have scrapped the late night openings whilst making a more elite version (which still won’t be as long hours wise as what they offered previously for ‘free’) really leaves a sad feeling that the best times at Disney are long gone.
Old 22 Aug 21, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

To answer the original question, late EMH will be very beneficial in my opinion/experience

We got on a ton of rides in the 2 hours we used them for in 2018 and with even less people being deluxe etc I’m sure it’ll be even better

From fireworks on the ride queues start to fly anyway. Talk of it taking an hour to ‘flush’ non EMH people out is OTT
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by 3family View Post
To answer the original question, late EMH will be very beneficial in my opinion/experience

We got on a ton of rides in the 2 hours we used them for in 2018 and with even less people being deluxe etc I’m sure it’ll be even better

From fireworks on the ride queues start to fly anyway. Talk of it taking an hour to ‘flush’ non EMH people out is OTT
I don’t know if we were unlucky, then. We were there in 2018 and I remember an MK extra evening hours and it was heaving, even 30 mins in. We decided at that point they weren’t worth the bother - which is a shame, as my husband and eldest used to love them. We went for dole whips, soaked up the atmosphere for a bit and then headed for the bus.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Loosecannon
Earning More Ears

I remember being in Hollywood Studios past 1am… was a great evening. Just so relaxed and actually cool (temperature wise).

So hoping that it returns to there. Actually booked in to a deluxe again next year, so hope that they add a couple more in a week to make the most of it. Realistically I think if they keep it like this it will work, but they know if they open it up to Moderates as well they will need to make the hours longer, so greater cost to Disney and less fun for those staying at deluxes.

Sorry for some, but happy there is now a perk to staying at a deluxe (other than a balcony!)
Loosecannon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
I don’t know if we were unlucky, then. We were there in 2018 and I remember an MK extra evening hours and it was heaving, even 30 mins in. We decided at that point they weren’t worth the bother - which is a shame, as my husband and eldest used to love them. We went for dole whips, soaked up the atmosphere for a bit and then headed for the bus.
I have never been to evening EMH but DH went once and vowed never again. It was absolute bedlam and he is more patient than I am but still found it too much.

We usually stay in deluxe resorts, but an extra £300 per night when the only tangible benefit is two hours of park time twice a week, is not something I am willing to pay.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t stay in the Deluxes for the perks, I just like staying in them! We are early morning people, I even hate it when Epcot’s fireworks were on at 10 pm over the Christmas holidays instead of 9 pm!

When we stayed at the Poly, we got upgraded to Club Level theme park view ( from a lagoon view room). Man, I felt like royalty!
Have stayed in the values as well though, depends how extravagant I’m feeling when I book!

Edited at 09:02 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Loosecannon
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
I don’t stay in the Deluxes for the perks, I just like staying in them! We are early morning people, I even hate it when Epcot’s fireworks were on at 10 pm over the Christmas holidays instead of 9 pm!

When we stayed at the Poly, we got upgraded to Club Level theme park view ( from a lagoon view room). Man, I felt like royalty!
Have stayed in the values as well though, depends how extravagant I’m feeling when I book!
First stay was AKL, was so good and the place felt so like home we went back there 2 years later. Now going back again over 10 years later and have gone for WL for a change.

Very excited to say the least. Now sure how the EMH will work with an 8 year old though.
Loosecannon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
First stay was AKL, was so good and the place felt so like home we went back there 2 years later. Now going back again over 10 years later and have gone for WL for a change.

Very excited to say the least. Now sure how the EMH will work with an 8 year old though.
We did AKL for part of our last trip and it was lovely - so memorable just for the setting and theming alone! Doing GF for the same bit next time so will be interesting to see how it compares as their flagship resort, and also have a nosey around the other MK resorts while we’re there For Epcot area we tend to stick to the Dolphin - I love the whole vibe of that hotel and the boardwalk area
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
In fairness the new ones should be a lot better with only one third of the people able to ride rides compared to before. We are early morning rather than late people, but I’m hoping to try it out at Christmas (I know) if it’s on and see what it’s like.
Just to say, Im liking your countdown lol 😂
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Worth noting folks that at the moment evening hours are only on Mondays and Wednesdays and are limited to Epcot and MK.
Is not a great offer - also where is the demand for late night riding at Epcot? Most rides are walk-on in the last hour of normal park hours.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List