Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Have Disney missed the british

Watching the many YouTube videos this week it’s noticeable how empty the parks have been last week and this week.
With the USA kids back in school I’m shocked how quiet it is. Avator 45 minutes wait time yesterday in middle of day that’s a Saturday. Unbelievable.
There’s many people on here who say the numbers from the uk make little difference to Disney. But as a regular visitor most August’s for the last 20 to 30 years Iv never seen it so quiet.
1.4 million brits visit Florida annually and I’m assuming that must add up to 1 million park visitors. Probably most in august.
Hopefully someone in Disney are lobbying the Florida governors and Washington about opening the borders.
They need us as much as we need them.

Edited at 08:34 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Watching the many YouTube videos this week it’s noticeable how empty the parks have been last week and this week.
With the USA kids back in school I’m shocked how quiet it is. Avator 45 minutes wait time yesterday in middle of day that’s a Saturday. Unbelievable.
There’s many people on here who say the numbers from the uk make little difference to Disney. But as a regular visitor most August’s for the last 20 to 30 years Iv never seen it so quiet.
1.4 million brits visit Florida annually and I’m assuming that must add up to 1 million park visitors. Probably most in august.
Hopefully someone in Disney are lobbying the Florida governors and Washington about opening the borders.
They need us as much as we need them.
Lots of People have cancelled trips that were scheduled for now due to the large numbers of cases which is making the difference right now.

Tourist dollars are back to 2019 levels

Edited at 08:37 PM.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Disney misses anyone, from any country on this earth, who will go to their parks and empty their pockets.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Disney misses anyone, from any country on this earth, who will go to their parks and empty their pockets.
Cynically speaking yep!

I don’t think looking at profits and tourist dollars anywhere is missing financially due to the large increase in internal travel.

Be interesting to see how Labor Day weekend pans out.

Edited at 08:41 PM.
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsL
Helping Mickey

With the inflation in prices and the costs of extras (that used to be free) they’re recouping some of that. Lots of rumours circulating that Chapek is trying to appeal to a wealthier demographic that stay in deluxe resorts, splash on those extras and spend on the merch
MrsL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

I will say the 192 and I4 near the attractions was just as insane as ever yesterday 🙈
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As above, they are quiet now due to cancelled domestic trips.

Financially, the parks don't miss us. I'm sure CMs miss us politely waiting in queues and getting overly worried that we haven't tipped enough though.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

The Americans have flocked to Florida this year. It’s been rammed like most years.
IMO august is full of British and Brazilians. The American kids are back in school. I’m sure some yanks have cancelled for Covid reasons but haven’t Florida cases been some of the highest all year round and that never stopped them visiting.
To me the 1.4 million brits are making their lack of being their noticeable.
I’m amazed that some people say they don’t miss us financially.

Edited at 08:47 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

The Americans have flocked to Florida this year. It’s been rammed like most years.
IMO august is full of British and Brazilians. The American kids are back in school. I’m sure some yanks have cancelled for Covid reasons but haven’t Florida cases been some of the highest all year round and that never stopped them visiting.
You might be right unfortunately for most of us it’s not going to make any difference. I hope others that have holidays booked for later in the year get to go. Who know when they will let us in
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

To be fair, we 'yanks' haven't really said that. What's been said is that the US doesn't need UK visitors in order to have a successful and thriving tourist industry during COVID. And we don't. We are going like gangbusters right now. It's just a fact. We miss you as our friends but we don't need you to succeed in our tourist industry at this time.

It's also a fact (yes, cynically) that Disney misses every dollar it's not making off you, and the Brazilians, and the Americans who have cancelled, and everyone else.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List