Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
The Americans have flocked to Florida this year. It’s been rammed like most years.
IMO august is full of British and Brazilians. The American kids are back in school. I’m sure some yanks have cancelled for Covid reasons but haven’t Florida cases been some of the highest all year round and that never stopped them visiting.
To me the 1.4 million brits are making their lack of being their noticeable.
I’m amazed that some people say they don’t miss us financially.
That because the figures show that financially they aren’t missing Brits/Eu etc

Not all schools are back…A lot don’t go back until after Labor Day. Yes Fl schools are back but realistically they aren’t the ones in theme parks .

People are canceling as hospitals are full, cases are insane and no mask mandates in a lot of places. You see threads on the Dis with people cancelling.

Edited at 08:53 PM.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I’m amazed that some people say they don’t miss us financially.
This is because we're reading the earnings reports. Disney specifically doesn't need us, they're doing just fine now that the parks are back to normal capacity.

Don't forget that the 1.4m is spread throughout the year and also throughout the state. Florida gets about 130m tourists, we are a very small percentage.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Maybe what people are perceiving as 'quiet' is just a normal capacity, which has almost become kind of rare.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
This is because we're reading the earnings reports. Disney specifically doesn't need us, they're doing just fine now that the parks are back to normal capacity.

Don't forget that the 1.4m is spread throughout the year and also throughout the state. Florida gets about 130m tourists, we are a very small percentage.
Read my original post. The parks are not back to normal for august. They are the quietest Iv seen in august. Iv been to Orlando fo 30 years and every august Upto last year for 17 or 18 years. Iv never seen it so quiet as now. Even the vloggers are shocked.
I know the us can survive with their own tourists but 1.4 million Florida visitors from the uk makes more a significant hit than some of you give credit for.
Bottom line for me is l hope Disney are lobbying to get us back.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m sure they are missing us, as are the restaurants etc outside Disney
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Read my original post. The parks are not back to normal for august. They are the quietest Iv seen in august. Iv been to Orlando fo 30 years and every august Upto last year for 17 or 18 years. Iv never seen it so quiet as now. Even the vloggers are shocked.
I know the us can survive with their own tourists but 1.4 million Florida visitors from the uk makes more a significant hit than some of you give credit for.
I agree and I believe we spend more. Over the years when I’ve seen people bringing Food/Drinks into the parks and not buying their kids an ice cream etc it’s always been the US visitors. I don’t think that the people saying that Disney doesn’t need UK visitors are from the UK
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
They don’t have the staff to serve the people that are here .
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I did read your post. Read state27's post. Domestic trips are being cancelled daily due to the Covid situation which has gotten considerably worse in recent weeks.

Resort occupancy was expected to be 93% this weekend, cancellations took it back to 65% and it continues to fall.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
I know they're missing employees, because they can't seem to keep fully staffed. But that's a problem all over the country.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Disney misses anyone, from any country on this earth, who will go to their parks and empty their pockets.
And we definitely Spend, Spend, Spend when we are there. I’ve never been so sad to have so much spare money ☹️