Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Consequential loss claims

Just thought it might be worth doing a separate chat for consequential loss claims. I put in a claim last night with Tesco cc for the difference between my TC flights and Virgin Atlantic flights next August. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they’ll pay the £656 difference between the two. Has anyone been successful or heard back about any of their claims?
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Just thought it might be worth doing a separate chat for consequential loss claims. I put in a claim last night with Tesco cc for the difference between my TC flights and Virgin Atlantic flights next August. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they’ll pay the £656 difference between the two. Has anyone been successful or heard back about any of their claims?
I am still waiting to hear back about my claim I sent to Tesco.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I am still waiting to hear back about my claim I sent to Tesco.
I had my money for the original flights back last week. It might be worth you phoning them. I was on hold for ages but when I finally spoke to them they found my claim and I had my money back the next day 🤷🏼
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
I had my money for the original flights back last week. It might be worth you phoning them. I was on hold for ages but when I finally spoke to them they found my claim and I had my money back the next day 🤷🏼
Sorry to be clear I have had my flight money back and I am, just like you, waiting to hear back about my other loses which was submitted at a later date
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Sorry to be clear I have had my flight money back and I am, just like you, waiting to hear back about my other loses which was submitted at a later date
Oh right, sorry. Let’s hope it won’t be long. I feel less confident about this claim going through 🤞🏻
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkyLass
I have Ears

Mobile

Hi, tried ringing Barclaycard for some help in deciding how to approach a consequential loss claim but came off the phone feeling they didn’t understand a single thing I had asked.
We booked a package holiday with direct flights PE from Manchester. As we are atol protected we have claimed for full holiday cost through CAA website. What I was trying to find out from Barclaycard was what is the best option moving forward in terms of rebooking flights:
A. Book exactly the same type/time/ route - will be a cost of approx. £11k more (I know sounds ridiculous!)
B. Get a cheaper fare which will involve indirect flights and different route which might mean different starting and end airports.
My worry is that if I go option A they will reject a claim and I am massively out of pocket but that if I go option B they will say it’s not a like for like claim and reject it on these grounds.
If anyone could offer any help it would be really appreciated - I’ve spent the last week pulling my hair out on price comparison sites trying to work out what the best option is!
YorkyLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkyLass View Post
Hi, tried ringing Barclaycard for some help in deciding how to approach a consequential loss claim but came off the phone feeling they didn’t understand a single thing I had asked.
We booked a package holiday with direct flights PE from Manchester. As we are atol protected we have claimed for full holiday cost through CAA website. What I was trying to find out from Barclaycard was what is the best option moving forward in terms of rebooking flights:
A. Book exactly the same type/time/ route - will be a cost of approx. £11k more (I know sounds ridiculous!)
B. Get a cheaper fare which will involve indirect flights and different route which might mean different starting and end airports.
My worry is that if I go option A they will reject a claim and I am massively out of pocket but that if I go option B they will say it’s not a like for like claim and reject it on these grounds.
If anyone could offer any help it would be really appreciated - I’ve spent the last week pulling my hair out on price comparison sites trying to work out what the best option is!
I’m in exactly the same position as you except mine is just for flights. I spoke to Tesco bank and they said like-for-like but couldn’t say either way if our claim would be successful. I explained that flights from Manchester were extortionate but from Gatwick were cheaper and could I go from there and still claim (original flights were from Manchester). They said it would be ok as long as I was going to the same destination on the same days. I got them to record it in my file that is what they’ve said to me. Problem is that they won’t consider a claim until you’ve re-booked and I didn’t want to book a flight I couldn’t afford if the claims not successful. What a nightmare. Still not sure if they’ll accept it or not but at least I have flights I can afford even if it is £300 each more than original flights 🙄
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkyLass
I have Ears

Mobile

I think we will end up plumping for option b and then as you say if it’s not successful then you just have to swallow the extra cost - but far better to be out of pocket £1,000 as opposed to £11,000! I just wish they could be a bit clearer - from everything I’ve read they don’t even publicise the fact that you can even make a consequential loss claim (I only know about it from being on here!)
YorkyLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I know. I only found out on here that it might be possible too. I would have booked exact like-for-like if they’d guaranteed I would get the money back from them. What a kerfuffle. Hopefully someone will have some good news soon about their claim 🤞🏻
Old 14 Oct 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkyLass View Post
I think we will end up plumping for option b and then as you say if it’s not successful then you just have to swallow the extra cost
Oh no we don't

If its either ignored or unsuccessful you refer it to the financial ombudsman which is totally free