Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Sep 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Parents who let their kids ride in the groceries part of a shopping trolley.

If the child fits in the seat ok, but no way should kids be sitting or standing where food or clothing is put.
Suppose they walked, especially in winter through dog pee or worse & no one realised.

By time my kids stared to get too big for the trolley seat they walked. Yes they were bored & moaned, but often a small treat once a week on big shop day when they got home worked.
Appreciate that some children have different needs, but there are ways around doing a shop without using the trolley groceries section as a pushchair/cage.
Old 12 Sep 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
When I’m driving and come up to a parked car and another car is coming in the opposite direction and the other car decided to slow down for no reason
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

The alarm going off at the crack of dawn twice a week for my husband to get up to go and play golf. Then the alarm going off early another two days a week so he can book a game of golf for the following day!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 02:06 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
My dh, when he accuses me of being in a bad mood, when I am perfectly happy 😀
This is something that I find really annoys me too! DH did this today, he wants to buy me something for our anniversary but in John Lewis I couldn’t see anything I particularly wanted so apparently I’m in a “ funny mood” because I’m not prepared to buy something I don’t want or like just to make him feel better about buying an anniversary present!
Drives me crazy 😜
Old 13 Sep 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by missy E View Post
Parents who let their kids ride in the groceries part of a shopping trolley.

If the child fits in the seat ok, but no way should kids be sitting or standing where food or clothing is put.
Suppose they walked, especially in winter through dog pee or worse & no one realised.
On this vein, people of any age who sit on a bus/train seat and put their feet up on the opposite seat, or on the case of children, stand on the seat to see out the window better.

Parents on public transport who are too busy on their phone to acknowledge their child - I don't want to hear them repeating your name every 2 seconds on a constant loop - please just answer them, they obviously want to engage with you in some way!
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
This is something that I find really annoys me too! DH did this today, he wants to buy me something for our anniversary but in John Lewis I couldn’t see anything I particularly wanted so apparently I’m in a “ funny mood” because I’m not prepared to buy something I don’t want or like just to make him feel better about buying an anniversary present!
Drives me crazy 😜
Oh my. I thought it was only my DH that did this. What a relief im not alone 🤣
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Am an early starter at work and go to the local Co-Op on the way in to work to buy a drink or something, around 07:00 I am normally there. Workmen that park in the disabled spaces at the front, while they nip in for drinks and food - why? Disabled people might come and shop at this hour as it is very quiet - and leaving your mate in the van with engine running does not help!

Also at the supermarket with a zillion spaces - why park on the double yellow lines outside the store itself, with engine running while your other half "just nips in" - what is wrong with the zillion spaces!

Shopping at the supermarket in your PJ's - eh?
Now for some reason if you are looking like a zombie and clutching baby milk or nappies, I forgive you and do not mind, but doing a full weekly shop - really!

People who look at their phones in the cinema when the lights have gone down - YES, I want to see the bright light of your phone screen, not distracting at all

Edited at 08:14 AM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

no-one else in this house seems to be capable of replacing the toilet roll when it runs out they can't switch off the lights either apparently winds me up no end.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

When supermarkets move their stock to different aisles meaning I have to spend longer in there
Old 14 Sep 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Keyboard warriors on social media who think they can type disparaging remarks without consequences thinking they are so funny and smart and better than everyone else.

Edited at 12:58 PM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List