Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 27 Sep 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Briggykins View Post
Oh god I hate that advert. The good thing is I've no idea who its advertising for. But she phones him just to say "Oh I thought you'd be asleep dear". Well why the hell are you phoning him then?!
There are about 4 versions of the ad, it's for ao.com , they actually mention that early on in one of the ads, the one I was referring to she phones her son while he's in a lecture and asked if he has enough ginger bites. She talks so slooooowly , I turned the radio off before I found out who it was for.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

All of them tbh. Don't tend to watch adds. And listen to a Swedish radio station mainly music so when they do talk I can't understand it 😂😂 (I switched as got fed up with the covid adds)
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have a secret weapon down my pants

Should of got a what Neal, a snip

Philip scohfield very annoying

The one where the woman uses her dads reggae music to mix it, I don’t know what it’s for cos we turn it off
Old 28 Sep 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Too many long, lecturing ads these days. They try and scare people into buying. It actually puts me off the product/service. Or, it makes me press mute asap and I never find out whose ad it is.

The jolly jingles and funnier ads of old made me more actively interested in what they were selling. Better for the nation's mental health, too, imho.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

The Yodelling Domino one, I cant stand it.
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

The post office one in the afternoon,selling life insurance, a little girl talking about her nana popping her clogs. The conversation about the neighbours being burgled, the husband says “how’ doh 😀

Sorry think I have gone off topic here 😀

Edited at 03:28 PM.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

I’m expecting to be extremely irritated by the upcoming Christmas adverts - the John Lewis rip off ones that shamelessly try to yank on our heart strings.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I have never been a fan of ‘The tortoise’ trying to sell me a sun life over 60s plan. Possibly, she is the worst actress that I have ever witnessed. Having said that, I guess that the fact that I remember the advert demonstrates that it is effective “Perhaps I will get a Sunlife over 60s plan too!”.

Another irritating one is the Synch car adverts on the Radio. They would most definitely deter me from buying a car from them.
Oh the Over fifty one where the neighbour definitely has designs on her neighbour makes me laugh.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
I’m expecting to be extremely irritated by the upcoming Christmas adverts - the John Lewis rip off ones that shamelessly try to yank on our heart strings.
I rather enjoyed last year’s adverts as they couldn’t show the massive everyone piled in to one house for Christmas Day usual formula. I’ve always felt they must be hard for those separated or who have lost family or kids are with the other parent for Christmas etc and have a more solitary Christmas.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
. The conversation about the neighbours being burgled, the husband says “how’ doh 😀
This ! Drives me insane