Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
The two Busch Gardens parks are a flight away not 30 mins away.
Hahahahahahaha, I just typed in Busch Gardens to Google maps and it said it wasn't far... zoom in and its a manufacturing company! I'm so glad you mentioned that
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Ah ok, yes, all the touristy stuff, from Studio tours, to the Zoo, Hollywood Walk of Fame, museums, La Brea Tar Pits, Griffith Observatory and places like Santa Monica Beach and Venice Beach should all be planned for staying in the Hollywood or Universal area.

Anaheim is a town with Disneyland in the middle of it. Part of the Monorail track runs alongside one of the main streets of Anaheim.
That's great, makes sense thank you
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hahahahahahaha, I just typed in Busch Gardens to Google maps and it said it wasn't far... zoom in and its a manufacturing company! I'm so glad you mentioned that
There’s six flags magic mountain too. That’s absolutely worth a visit if you like thrill rides - about 30 mins drive from Hollywood.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by porridge View Post
There’s six flags magic mountain too. That’s absolutely worth a visit if you like thrill rides - about 30 mins drive from Hollywood.
Brilliant, thank you, I'll have a google!
Old 22 Oct 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Brilliant, thank you, I'll have a google!
Best park for rides that I have been to in the States… highly recommended!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Best park for rides that I have been to in the States… highly recommended!
sounds like my thrill seekers would love it!
Old 25 Oct 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We stayed in the Sheraton next to Universal , there’s also a Hilton hotel next to the Sheraton .

Wasn’t the cheapest hotel but we could walk easily to the park / city walk .

We didn’t bother with express passes , we did all the rides ( some twice ) and got it all done in a day .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We stayed in the Sheraton next to Universal , there’s also a Hilton hotel next to the Sheraton .

Wasn’t the cheapest hotel but we could walk easily to the park / city walk .

We didn’t bother with express passes , we did all the rides ( some twice ) and got it all done in a day .
Thanks for this, we would love being able to walk to the park so that would suit us well. Are there many places to eat on Citywalk? Considering just using one of these hotels as a base for a good few days and it would be handy to be able to walk to food in the evening if we fancied.
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Thanks for this, we would love being able to walk to the park so that would suit us well. Are there many places to eat on Citywalk? Considering just using one of these hotels as a base for a good few days and it would be handy to be able to walk to food in the evening if we fancied.
Thats what I am doing in January. I am staying at The Hilton Universal Studios but not going to the park. I am using it as a base to see my friends.

This is the walk from Hilton to Citywalk

This is a walking tour of of the shops and restaurants at Citywalk

Citywalk is basically an outdoor mall, with a mix of shops, restaurants, bars and fast food
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List