Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DeepAK4 View Post
So the Passenger Locator form is supplied by who? Airline?
And you have to complete with a test booking reference for arrival into UK.
Have I understood that correctly?
You find passenger locator forms on government website, if you google it comes up. Fill in 48hrs before return uk.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DeepAK4
Helping Mickey

Just found it thank you. We can complete online. I will probably print out as well.
Old 23 Oct 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DeepAK4 View Post
Just found it thank you. We can complete online. I will probably print out as well.
You can only complete 48hrs before you fly home, so probably wont have access to print it, I know I didnt. They send it you in an e mail and you just show that on your phone.

Edited at 04:20 PM.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Aearin
Getting Excited

Sorry to jump in but didn’t want to make a new thread, I’m hoping someone can put my mind at rest.

My boyfriend has Covid at the moment and would say he’s half way through it. We’re due to fly on the 9th but I’m worried he’ll still show up positive on the supervised test.

From what I’ve read a LFT will be fine but a PCR test may still show positive? Can anyone advise?

I know things may change with the requirements so staying tuned for announcements.

Edited at 05:06 PM.
Aearin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Aearin View Post
Sorry to jump in but didn’t want to make a new thread, I’m hoping someone can put my mind at risk.

My boyfriend has Covid at the moment and would say he’s half way through it. We’re due to fly on the 9th but I’m worried he’ll still show up positive on the supervised test.

From what I’ve read a LFT will be fine but a PCR test may still show positive? Can anyone advise?

I know things may change with the requirements so staying tuned for announcements.
A lot of people in this situation seem to be getting very worked up about it but it’s really nothing to worry about. Testing continually positive on a PCR after recovery is extremely rare - I’m not sure if media reports of some outliers have led people to believe this is a common phenomenon, but it isn’t.

Couple that with the fact it’s not a concern on LFTs at all, and you can check with a free NHS one literally any time before a test for a travel, you’ll be fine.

Edited at 05:05 PM.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

The CDC is expected to confirm if the current testing requirements stand or different ones by the end of Monday next week. I’d hold off doing anything until then.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
FLORIDA2001
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jockdog View Post
Just ordered from Boots. You have to register first, then once you've paid, you get a booking reference which you add to the Passenger Locator form for your return to the UK. You can't complete that form earlier than 48 hours of your arrival into the UK.
cant find on that hub about the 2 day test for when you get back
FLORIDA2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jockdog
Helping Minnie

boots/day-2-day-8-covid-19-testing
jockdog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

Can anyone tell me, for the outbound flight is it a test within 3 days before flying or a set 3 days before flying? We are flying Glasgow to Gatwick on 2nd then Gatwick to Orlando on 3rd January. They are two separate flight bookings so it is 3 days from 3rd which takes us to Friday 31st December. We are 2.5 hrs from the airport in a rural location so to get a test on 31st would be difficult. We could try for Glasgow on 2nd but they may not be open all day or Gatwick on the morning before we fly. That is provided it is within 3 days.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by frances01 View Post
Can anyone tell me, for the outbound flight is it a test within 3 days before flying or a set 3 days before flying? We are flying Glasgow to Gatwick on 2nd then Gatwick to Orlando on 3rd January. They are two separate flight bookings so it is 3 days from 3rd which takes us to Friday 31st December. We are 2.5 hrs from the airport in a rural location so to get a test on 31st would be difficult. We could try for Glasgow on 2nd but they may not be open all day or Gatwick on the morning before we fly. That is provided it is within 3 days.
It's within 3 days to make allowances for situations like yours. Well it is unless the current guidance changes. I too live in a rural area so as soon as CDC confirm what's required I am booking our tests to be done the day before we fly as we are staying overnight at Heathrow. That's only if it stays as a lateral flow as get result in 60 min. If it changes to PCR I'll have to reconsider as would want it done before then